Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Interesting to see what NS comes out with tomorrow considering what was done today. Probably just present the same data differently, maybe switch a couple of dates around by a week or so. 

Six weeks instead of five but a broad regionalisation of restrictions is my guess. There's no electoral benefit in telling Shetland and Orkney that they need to follow the same guidance as a disease-riddled disaster zone like Grangemouth. 

Being welded into restrictions due to Paisley and other shiteholes will be seethe-inducing for those of us on the Riviera end of the Clyde. 

Just now, Theroadlesstravelled said:

A 66% uptake was what the WHO predicted.

That is a huge number of unvaccinated people and could overwhelm the NHS if there is a spike.

More than half of that remaining 34% are children though. It's fully established that children are definitely not going to overwhelm the NHS. 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It's quite bizarre that folk think this is somehow a gung ho approach to reopening. 

A minimum of 4 months to fully reopen society is as gradual a toe dipping exercise as you could imagine. 

Do you think Johnson might just think fūck it after Easter and open everything?

BBC Scotland already wetting their knickers about the announcement being 'too positive' so people won't follow the rules. You've literally been broadcasting doe-eyed nurses, patients etc. on cue for nearly two fucking months to browbeat the population but one announcement is going to change things, get in the fucking sea. 

Edited by vikingTON

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Is it bad that I’m dreading tomorrow? Like really expecting the whole mood of the country to change after Sturgeon speaks.

Scotland have kids back in school, punters merrily slapping balls around golf courses and an election in May. 

Deep breaths mate. It'll be data driven tiers broadly the same as today with less emphasis on dates (because everyone takes them as gospel as evidenced by this thread today) 

18 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Apparently Devi has penned an article in the guardian praising the roadmap. That’s a curveball.

It read like pure revisionism to me.

15 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

A 66% uptake was what the WHO predicted.

That is a huge number of unvaccinated people and could overwhelm the NHS if there is a spike.

But eventually there will be vaccines available for kids to further lower transmission, and of course, others will catch it via natural infection and either recover, or die, which in the next year or two is what will inevitably lead to SARS-CoV-2 fading into the background like all other respiratory infections in circulation.

And life will go on as normal. Thanks for playing.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Going to be some laugh seeing NS's plan tomorrow.

Today was probably the first time i've felt quite positive about the second half of this year for some time.

Absolute NAP NS tramples all over that with more negative shite.

Can't see it. Leitch and Sridhar have both expressed optimism over vaccines and roadmap in last 24 hours. 

They are absolutely on the same page with this for no reason other than because they've been told to be. Because if they were calling the shots, they wouldn't be on board with this. I expect NS to be giving more of the same tomorrow but perhaps strung out a wee bit more. 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Can't see it. Leitch and Sridhar have both expressed optimism over vaccines and roadmap in last 24 hours. 

They are absolutely on the same page with this for no reason other than because they've been told to be. Because if they were calling the shots, they wouldn't be on board with this. I expect NS to be giving more of the same tomorrow but perhaps strung out a wee bit more. 

Hope you are right