Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I would expect us to match the dates for the first three stages. Can accept the last one not being discussed at this stage! 

Step one is power puff I would hope for a lot more on early March including relaxation at funerals.

We are also ahead of some of the others, I guess they expect the schools to cause an issue and die back down ours it a bit more controlled.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Are people that desperate to end restrictions that they believe this fucking codswallop from Johnson?

Yip the over by easter crowd are all excited because its now june

Edited by doulikefish

I think she would be mad to suggest 21st June, if I was her I would say July for normality. Boris is promising a lot but if the buy in drops for vaccinations then there is no chance you could let all restrictions go. I think he needed a big head line to bury the fact his fiance appears to be running the country and the health minister broke the law.
NS would be far better to say we need X number in ICU and X in hospitals and we can do X if it declines by X we can move it X we therefore expect with some caution and 80% vaccine take up we can ditch restrictions by X (Late July) 
Agreed - an actual measure and not some fantasy bullshit.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
16 minutes ago, 101 said:
I think she would be mad to suggest 21st June, if I was her I would say July for normality. Boris is promising a lot but if the buy in drops for vaccinations then there is no chance you could let all restrictions go. I think he needed a big head line to bury the fact his fiance appears to be running the country and the health minister broke the law.
NS would be far better to say we need X number in ICU and X in hospitals and we can do X if it declines by X we can move it X we therefore expect with some caution and 80% vaccine take up we can ditch restrictions by X (Late July) 

Like elimimation?

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Are people that desperate to end restrictions that they believe this fucking codswallop from Johnson?

Bang on...,

Nicola Sturgeon is gonna offer hee haw tommorow,it will be a roadmap out of this at least a month behind Johnson's.

Theres a Holyrood election on the 6th of May and she ain't gonna go tonto until thats out of the way....

It will be minimal stuff over March/April.

15 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Be some delicious melt downs from Helen Lovejoy types if SD is binned on the 17th of May.

20210222_173848.jpg

What's with the possible restrictions on weddings in step 4? No legal limits on social contacts and nightclubs can re open but weddings still need to be restricted? Doesn't affect me but seems a bit random. 

Also are we presuming masks will still be required in stage 4? Good luck with that in nightclubs. 

3 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Yes

Snap. Even the words of Boris Johnson have positively affected my mood and outlook today. That's really fucking saying something.

For me, and theres a possible element of hope rather than expectation, that what we seen today is the first break from under the cover of "we just don't know....." bullshit around the vaccines. Getting out in front of the data making it blindingly obvious to all that the vaccines are racing ahead of any half arsed measures in place in terms of virus suppression.

That Thomas Moore weirdo on Sky literally just said the vaccines 'aren't that good', essentially because they don't provide total sterilising immunity.

Another one who knows he'll be even more of an irrelevance in the near future.

10 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Some are actually thinking about voting for his party because they tell them what they want to hear (then don't bother doing it) 

Just now, madwullie said:

Some are actually thinking about voting for his party because they tell them what they want to hear (then don't bother doing it) 

Is that not basically how politics works? 

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
Like elimimation?

Oh I agree with you that zero covid is nonsense but that's not what I was talking about Mr This Is Over As A Public Health Crisis.

^^^ raging it's over IMO

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
22 minutes ago, 101 said:

It has to be something that's solid Boris' review to end social distancing before more than 2 households can meet up in doors seems nonsensical to me.

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Like elimimation?

Didn't mean to quote you sorry :cheers

3 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Bang on...,

Nicola Sturgeon is gonna offer hee haw tommorow,it will be a roadmap out of this at least a month behind Johnson's.

Theres a Holyrood election on the 6th of May and she ain't gonna go tonto until thats out of the way....

It will be minimal stuff over March/April.

Tbh a month behind Boris is about where I expect things to actually work, he will regret his 21st of June date.

Weirdly she just said the lockdown order is currently in place to 31 March. I thought it wasn't extended beyond 28 Feb at the last review pending tomorrows statement but that does not appear to be the case.

Can forget anything bar schools until well into April (probably post Easter school holidays) if that's the case. Non essential retail late April then beer gardens May pubs indoors June / July would be the script on that timeline [emoji848]

For lockdown order until March 31st, read “furlough available until 31st March”

2 minutes ago, EH75 said:

What's with the possible restrictions on weddings in step 4? No legal limits on social contacts and nightclubs can re open but weddings still need to be restricted? Doesn't affect me but seems a bit random. 

Also are we presuming masks will still be required in stage 4? Good luck with that in nightclubs. 

Boris has a wedding he's been putting off, he can say to Carrie that it's not safe for a few more months.

3 minutes ago, Elixir said:

That Thomas Moore weirdo on Sky literally just said the vaccines 'aren't that good', essentially because they don't provide total sterilising immunity.

Another one who knows he'll be even more of an irrelevance in the near future.

Isn't he dead?