Coronavirus (COVID-19)

25 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Thanks.

I mean around a 67% drop DURING a period when the most vulnerable groups are still being vaccinated so not yet all immune. I'd say this is a massively significant drop.

Decent graph in the ft yesterday showing the effect of the vaccine

Screenshot_20210222-135531_Chrome.jpg

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Does "lost the ability to be taught" translate as "the wee fuckers were so hyper we couldn't control them"?

😀 in a few cases i think you're bang on but for the majority i think it was more about distraction with others back around and in some cases kids had done very little home learning (for a variety of reasons).

40 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

All public opinion polls support us essentially being welded into our homes so Sturgeon can take as much time as she likes with no real negative political consequence other than me and some other VLs on here considering voting Green once.

What about the ones who’ve kissed a girl from down by our grans bit that you wouldnt know? 

I think @virginton's point overall is sound, but no matter how much we stamp our feet the SG simply aren't going to change tact and start easing anything before the end of March.

However, their claim of taking a "data not dates" approach must work both ways. If, by the end of April (by which point all of the top 4 JCVI groups should have been double dosed) the numbers of cases, hospital admissions and ICU admissions are absolutely tiny, then it would be completely unacceptable to say "not yet, too soon" to the question of whether or not it is time to bin a significant number of restrictions that still remain in place.

There should be no place for any "but not before x date" clauses in a "data led" approach, nor should what is not possible in England have any influence whatsoever.

Edited by Todd_is_God

4 hours ago, Steven W said:

Sturgeron can't ignore this. Its a Scottish study to boot as well.

Will be disappointed if she doesn't give this any more than a cursory mention today or tomorrow.

I think she needs to find it within herself to start being a little more upbeat and optimistic.

That data won't be good enough for wee Devi and her cronies. Or rather, it's too good and she's shitting it that her time in the spotlight might one day soon be at an end.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

It’s alright I’m sure that stoking up the conspiratorial and seething element of French society won’t backfire and lead to Macron being scudded by Le Pen and inaugurating a fun new period in French and European history.

Irony is Lexit becoming the default progressive position as the rising French right-wing usher in an even crueller iteration of the European Union.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

I think @virginton's point overall is sound, but no matter how much we stamp our feet the SG simply aren't going to change tact and start easing anything before the end of March.

However, their claim of taking a "data not dates" approach must work both ways. If, by the end of April (by which point all of the top 4 JCVI groups should have been double doses) the numbers of cases, hospital admissions and ICU admissions are absolutely tiny, then it would be completely unacceptable to say "not yet, too soon" to the question of whether or not it is time to bin a significant number of restrictions that still remain in place.

There should be no place for any "but not before x date" clauses in a "data led" approach.

Depends, so things like schools having no social distancing of even reducing it to 1m in senior schools I think should be ruled out until after the summer, it brings clarity and slows the spread among the least likely to be vaccinated i.e children and younger (U50's) adults.

If we still have 1m JCVI group 6 to do then I think the end of March date before opening remains sound. 

3 weeks at circa 50k a day gets us there with enough time to hunt out the cases that slip through before the Daily Record grabs them for a 'sad face' pic. 

Happy to sit out till then especially if this category includes those with learning difficulties etc. 

Beyond that complaints are fair game but a few more weeks won't hurt. 

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Depends, so things like schools having no social distancing of even reducing it to 1m in senior schools I think should be ruled out until after the summer, it brings clarity and slows the spread among the least likely to be vaccinated i.e children and younger (U50's) adults.

Can space them as far apart for as long as you want as long as the pubs and stadiums are open.

3 minutes ago, Elixir said:

That data won't be good enough for wee Devi and her cronies. Or rather, it's too good and she's shitting it that her time in the spotlight might one day soon be at an end.

A few of the 'Main players' on this thread will have similar fears. 

Just now, Left Back said:

Can space them as far apart for as long as you want as long as the pubs and stadiums are open.

No chance stadiums will be open beyond the 300 limit this season. SFA/ SPFL won't push for more relaxed approach as it will never be able to accommodate Celtic and Rangers fans from around Scotland and the isle of Ireland coming together. 

Imo it would be perfectly sensible to open all grounds to home and away fans in 40 of the 42 SPFL stadiums, but for some reason they won't do that.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

No chance stadiums will be open beyond the 300 limit this season. SFA/ SPFL won't push for more relaxed approach as it will never be able to accommodate Celtic and Rangers fans from around Scotland and the isle of Ireland coming together. 

Imo it would be perfectly sensible to open all grounds to home and away fans in 40 of the 42 SPFL stadiums, but for some reason they won't do that.

by that same logic then surely no fans at the euros if people have to travel from around Scotland.

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

I did say a "significant number" and not "all" tbf.

If schools are to be open full time to all pupils, SD simply isn't possible. We saw that last time.

There's no reason why, in the scenario I described, that you should not be able to go to a pub or restaurant, or visit other people's homes by 1st May, though, with a view to binning 1m distancing and seeing if there is any impact.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

I did say a "significant number" and not "all" tbf.

If schools are to be open full time to all pupils, SD simply isn't possible. We saw that last time.

There's no reason why, in the scenario I described, that you should not be able to go to a pub or restaurant, or visit other people's homes by 1st May, though, with a view to binning 1m distancing and seeing if there is any impact.

Yeh I agree maybe even bin it in lower areas and watch the effect, we need to see what happens once it's gone and it would make little sense to have a leap of faith or wait until you have 80% vaccinated adults.

22 hours ago, superbigal said:

Daily Update:  Not really a lot of movement today.  Falkirk and their manky fat bus drivers finally get their day at the top of the table. 

There is clearly a big gap in the figures after East Renfrewshire.  However Edinburgh & East Lothian are increasing at a rate of knots. 

Aberdeen now has only 61 infections from around 230,000 population, and cases per 100K  is into the 20s. Probably more bus drivers in Falkirk with the virus.  Inverclyde has nearly fallen off the charts.

Pretty obvious to anyone below who should stay in the highest levels, and those who may get some concessions in the next few weeks.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan,    Cases that day were 16,496 and test rate was 11.9%

Total cases latest 7 days are 5,661 to 5,676  down 24, and the positive test goes from 5.1% to 5.1%  Cases per 100k drops from 104.3 to 103.9

England 131.1 to 128.5 in last 24 hours.  Wales   86.4 to 85.5  in last 24 hours , Northern Ireland 112.6 to 111.3 in last 24 hours.   UK Average is now  126.1 to 124.0 down 1.67%  in last 24 hours.

Council progress in last 24 hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Falkirk  221.3 to 213.2  7.0% Positivity

West Lothian   226..7 to 199.3  8.9% Positivity.  Prison total dropping but Whitburn & Blackburn still high

West Dunbartonshire  195.7 to 184.4  

Clackmannanshire  201.8 to 182.4   

East Ayrshire   207.4 to 176.2  Should now plummet down to about 8th place in next couple of days.  

North Lanarkshire   171.7 to 175.8  

Renfrewshire  160.2 to 160.2

Stirling  153.9 to 147.5

Midlothian  109.2 to 136.3   Kicking off in Easthouses ?  

Glasgow City  130.5 to 135.2

North Ayrshire   122.5 to 127.7  

South Lanarkshire  130.4 to 125.7

East Renfrewshire   120.4 to 120.4

LARGE GAP (But next 2 rising along with Midlothian)

East Lothian 79.4 to 91.5

City Of Edinburgh 83.4 to 89.9 

ANOTHER GAP

East Dunbartonshire 72.7 to 74.6

Fife  70.9 to 72.5

Moray  71.0 to 71.0

Perth & Kinross   54.0 to 60.5   

Western Isles  63.6 to 59.9

South Ayrshire 59.5 to 59.5

Highlands  51.7 to 56.8 

Dumfries & Galloway 56.4 to 53.7

Angus 52.5 to 53.4

Dundee City   50.9 to 52.2    

Inverclyde  55.3 to 50.1  Another great day for Scotland's most deprived council area. 

Scottish  Borders 37.2 to 43.3  

Argyll & Bute  44.3 to 32.6

Aberdeenshire   34.8 to 31.8

Aberdeen City 30.6 to 26.7  Unbelievable now 61 cases in total. 

Orkney Island   9.0 to 4.5

Shetland Islands   0.0 to 0.0

Edited by superbigal