Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Piers Morgan must be the most irritating c**t on TV, but kudos to him this morning on GMB  TV for destroying vaccines minister, Na***** Zahaw,  and at the same time, inflicting some serious damage on Matt Hancock who insisted over the weekend there was never, at any time. a shortage of PPE in the NHS.
Hopefully this clip will soon be up on Youtube.

Edited to ask why N a d h i m is blocked out?

Surely it's not cause of the rhyming slang with Tim?

Quite astonishing if that study is right that the AZ vaccine has a much bigger impact than the Pfizer if I'm reading it right. Wonder if that is to do with the volume of AZ vs Pfizer used or if it is because we're not using the Pfizer recommended dosing.

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Now the good news is rolling, what the first thing you will be doing post LOCKDOWN?

Straight to the airport and getting the first available flight?

Straight to the station hotel in Larbet for P&Bs official best pint of T?

Straight round your neighbours for your hole?

I'm off round my pals house to get steaming I expect to be there for a few days.

2 for me please pal. 2 all over. Pleased to see my local receive such an accolade also, well deserved.

Shortly thereafter though, it will be a train to Glasgow to catch up with my usual midweek drinking buddies who are all huge T fans also.

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

Now the good news is rolling, what the first thing you will be doing post LOCKDOWN?

I'm off round my pals house to get steaming I expect to be there for a few days.

The Station Hotel is probably my local. Pint of the finest Vitamin T please

3 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I think there was once some hilarious banter on here regarding the bigotted nickname for Celtic fans being expressed as D h i m s

3 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Surely it's not cause of the rhyming slang with Tim?

Quite astonishing if that study is right that the AZ vaccine has a much bigger impact than the Pfizer if I'm reading it right. Wonder if that is to do with the volume of AZ vs Pfizer used or if it is because we're not using the Pfizer recommended dosing.

Fucking hell.

And I can say that without any recriminations!

1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

He is referring to England (where golf courses remain closed)  Coincidentally my course has opened today for the first time since this lockdown started (26th December) but that has been  entirely down to ice and snow.  Currently two balls only but sure it will expand to 3 or 4balls soon enough (not that I play in the winter anyway but suely in time for the season )

Ah ok, wondered if my dad has been breaking the rules going out on his own!

Most jabs up until last Sunday were still Pfizer, but only a 55%-45% split so not a great deal in it.

The dosing may be something to do with it. It may also simply be a time thing, the first month or so of vaccination was exclusively Pfizer so perhaps during the worst of the second peak we saw a few more vaccinated people hospitalised than we will moving forward, at least until next winter.

Supremely good news. We are now seeing very strong signs that the vaccines are a) very effective at stopping transmission and b) extremely effective at stopping hospitalisation.

These are pandemic-ending numbers.

2 for me please pal. 2 all over. Pleased to see my local receive such an accolade also, well deserved.
Shortly thereafter though, it will be a train to Glasgow to catch up with my usual midweek drinking buddies who are all huge T fans also.

If you are going for a 2 all over (also my chosen “style”), could I recommend just getting a set of clippers. I bought some for less than £30 last April, and I can’t see me darkening the door of a barbers again.

27 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

It looks like the Oxford academic team were more honest about their vaccine than the Big Pharma Yanks. 

35 minutes ago, 101 said:

Go and visit my grandparents. Aside from seeing them on Christmas day I had a window of about 8 weeks where I could see them in the last 12 months.

5 minutes ago, Paco said:

Supremely good news. We are now seeing very strong signs that the vaccines are a) very effective at stopping transmission and b) extremely effective at stopping hospitalisation.

These are pandemic-ending numbers.

Looking forward to their studies about the religious affiliation of the Pope and where bears really defaecate in the woods to clear up those last remaining mysteries while we're at it!

Months of pointless, wall to wall fear-mongering could have been avoided by simply applying our long established experience of how vaccines work, rather than pretending that Covid is some special case where the rules don't apply.

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The strictest winter lockdown in the developed world. The biggest vaccine roll out. 

Yet apparently you still can't get a haircut or a work out until May. 

Tightest restrictions yet one of the highest rates, does that mean lockdowns work or not?????

53 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

I’m sure she will - it’s Public Health Scotland, and she has already alluded to it (or something very similar) in her daily briefings.

The numbers are staggering - and fantastic. 4 week time lag should mean that new hospitalisations are pretty much eliminated - very low - by the end of March as that will be more than 4 weeks after all the over 70’s got their first jab.

If NS has seen (or at least knew about) these results 4/5 days ago then it makes her utterly negative tone look even worse.

If the vaccine is producing those kind of reductions 4 weeks after first dose in the most vulnerable people, what's it going to do in those who were unlikely to get seriously ill in the first place?