Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

That's a pretty comprehensive tl;dr mewling for 'we can never be too sure.'

Meanwhile, back in the real world, within the next 12 months we are going to be at the stage where SARS-CoV-2 is de-risked to the level of seasonal influenza which will simply require similar levels of active monitoring. Indeed, as Andrew Pollard and many others have stated, the long-term future is it will likely become a fifth common cold strain. So, relatively soon we will get on with living normal lives without your Tony Blair inspired Black Mirror fantasies.

Don't worry we'll find another way to deny you your precious British liberties.

26 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

So the way vaccination rates are going the choice of foreign holiday might be Serbia, Israel or Chile.

I might just take Serbia then. Chile is a bit far.

They’ve not had a good GIRUY yet from the Tartan Army so we should probably all head there when possible. 

28 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

So the way vaccination rates are going the choice of foreign holiday might be Serbia, Israel or Chile.

I might just take Serbia then. Chile is a bit far.

I've got about a year to get a stag in, Belgrade would be absolutely ideal. 

Turns out the Israelis do have a Roadmap - although maybe better described as a couple of plans. Here for interest:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israels-gradual-reopening-from-february-21-what-you-need-to-know/

It's all kicking off from the 7th march as long as you have a "green badge" ie vaccine passport in all but name (or of course you're Palestinian) 

Interesting that cities with a 70% vaccine rate are treated more leniently edit: just looked this up - they have a traffic light system for cities, grouped by levels of infection - so even cities with relatively poor infection numbers are allowed to let certain kids go to school as long as the vaccination rate is 70%+

Edited by madwullie

Being reported there are 4 tests for UKG to move through each stage of easing restrictions.

1. Is the vaccine roll-out cracking on

2. Is the vaccine roll-out reducing hospitalisations/deaths in the vaccinated.

sensible and data driven so far.  Then we get back to the make it up as you go along stuff.

3. do infection rates risk putting pressure on the nhs

I’ll sort of give them that one.  Not enough people vaccinated and opening up too early means this could happen.  Would be criminal incompetence by the government if it did happen and shouldn’t be a factor if there are no increases in hospitalisations.

4.  But variants

Confused Robert Downey Jr GIF

The purported leaks for the map out of England's lockdown seems to imply that the tier system is going in the bin and the measures will be England-wide. 

Not sure about that. Presumably discretion to apply a local lockdown will continue to be available if there is the need to do so. Either that or the whole of England gets held back due to a cluster of the new Blackpool variant as hundreds flock for a dirty weekend whilst Magaluf and Ayia Napa remain off limits. 

Edited by Michael W

3 hours ago, Scosha said:

Nightclubs in August would surely mean social distancing canned by then? I suppose that ties in with their aim to have every adult to be given at least one dose by end of July. 

Nope, there has been a leaked "how to club at a social distanced guide"

image.png.a683d095cedefc23d78302085d142767.png

Tiers can work but you can't localise them too much IMO. It was farcical in December time, you'd just get Mancs hopping on the train to Liverpool, Kent into London etc.

Do it by regions if you have to, but ideally there'll be no outbreak significant enough for it to matter.

1 minute ago, HibsFan said:

Tiers can work but you can't localise them too much IMO. It was farcical in December time, you'd just get Mancs hopping on the train to Liverpool, Kent into London etc.

Do it by regions if you have to, but ideally there'll be no outbreak significant enough for it to matter.

I kind of get your point but the same problem arises for people close to the edges of each region.  Wherever you draw the boundaries you’ll have people pushing them.

34 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I kind of get your point but the same problem arises for people close to the edges of each region.  Wherever you draw the boundaries you’ll have people pushing them.

I lost count of the amount of folk I know who couldn't understand why it was within the rules they could drive from Larbert to Limerigg but shouldn't be going to Plean Country Park.

The same should also apply to Sainsbury's, football stadiums and GP surgeries. No ID, no compliance with the medical advice on the vaccine? No admittance. For as long as people who aren't vaccinated pose a risk that is greater than those who are not vaccinated, and for as long as vaccinations are in fact available to them, they should not be allowed to take part in society.
So you are an illiberal now?

[emoji16]

Dundee, Angus and P&K was the classic example - folk literally walking into pubs in P&K and Angus when Dundee was moved to Tier 3.

No surprise that infection rates shot up in both council areas soon after.

The same would be true in other areas around the country.

6 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Roadmap for England apparently: 

March 8th: Golf/Tennis

Mid April: Gyms

May: Cinemas/Theatre/Indoor Pubs/Restaurants.

August: Foreign holidays/Nightclubs

Can see the SG doing similar.

No mention of barbers? Fcking hell 

* in with gyms I'm assuming? 

Edited by Thereisalight..