Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:
12 minutes ago, Elixir said:
Are the Serbians putting it in their water supply?

Not in the EU and big friends with both Moscow and Beijing

Tongue in cheek comment, and I believe their data has just been updated after a full week, but they're certainly benefitting from having fingers in many pies.

3 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
12 minutes ago, Elixir said:
Are the Serbians putting it in their water supply?

Noticed from that thread that South Africa are using the J&J vaccine which is a single shot. Are we using that one anytime soon?

I believe it's going before regulators in the US next week, so it would be surprising if we're not far behind. We should start seeing Moderna doses within the next couple of months too.

Also seems like there is a dilemma, however, because despite being a single dose vaccine, some smallscale testing suggested it is even more effective after two, like the others.

200.gif&key=a2cf94ef68c31facc8203e97ad2184cfbc99955a6be7351359fc1fa4c86f4e28
Was also asked to put a face covering on (which I did). When I said I didn't realise it was required (the station isn't indoors) the polis replied "why do you think we're wearing them?"

Was very tempted to respond with "Because your commanding officer ordered you to?" but shat it and decided I'd rather just get home without hassle.

4 hours ago, red23 said:

Lassie at my work agreed to go down to a 4 day week temporarily when work dipped, now things have recently really picked up again so asked her if she can return to 5 days a week. 

Her response? no, i'm quite enjoying doing the 4 day week and i want to make the most of lockdown because my husband is on furlough. (which he has been since March 2020)

From what i know about the relationship they will be sitting watching tv laughing at each others farts.

Good for the "lassie". Better ways to spend your 90 (if you're lucky) years on a rock hurtling through space than working five days a week until you're 65/67/70/75/whatever the pension age will be in thirty years' time.

Edited by HibsFan

24 minutes ago, Markka said:

Was also asked to put a face covering on (which I did). When I said I didn't realise it was required (the station isn't indoors) the polis replied "why do you think we're wearing them?"

Was very tempted to respond with "Because your commanding officer ordered you to?" but shat it and decided I'd rather just get home without hassle.

You can obviously bite your tongue a lot more than I can! I'd have said to them that it was outdoors, there was nobody within 2 metres of you (I assume) and that they're wearing them because they're in a car with someone they dont live with (again I assume) 

Any idea when we're likely to see hairdressers/barbers open again? My hair is getting to that angsty stage again [emoji58]
During the first lockdown I ended up having recurring dreams about getting my haircut. Not quite at that stage yet but it can't be far away.

Buckingham Palace trying to justify Charles visit by saying its a private hospital.  Charles made a round trip of 90 miles to visit the hospital. They are basically saying if you have money or a Royal the rules don't apply to you.

Add in the fact that Charles and others came from London to Balmoral at the start of the first lockdown despite it being against the rules its a big f**k the rest of you, we will do what we like from the Royals

5 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Buckingham Palace trying to justify Charles visit by saying its a private hospital.  Charles made a round trip of 90 miles to visit the hospital. They are basically saying if you have money or a Royal the rules don't apply to you.

Add in the fact that Charles and others came from London to Balmoral at the start of the first lockdown despite it being against the rules its a big f**k the rest of you, we will do what we like from the Royals

@Wee Willie and @Carnoustie Young Guvnorwill have spontaneously combusted.

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You can obviously bite your tongue a lot more than I can! I'd have said to them that it was outdoors, there was nobody within 2 metres of you (I assume) and that they're wearing them because they're in a car with someone they dont live with (again I assume) 

You wouldn't though.