Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Funny that cases have plateaued with nothing being reopened to explain it. I know there is a bit more open just now than March but I wonder if more people are just getting fed up sticking to the rules.

Purely anecdotal, but I've seen several things through social media of people having folk round, but nothing like massive house parties. Being kept apart from friends and family is taking its toll and it's hard not to understand why (particularly young folk) are going against restrictions, albeit at a low level.

I think it kind if shows that we have almost reached the limit of the effectiveness of lockdowns. They are only effective if there is sufficient buy-in from everyone, but that will naturally fall away the longer they go on. It might explain the fear being pushed by government, but over time that will just become whitenoise.

It's interesting. I've seen very high levels of compliance around where I live however I had to go to London yesterday (essential journey) and I would say about 30% of folk on the tube either weren't wearing masks or had them pulled down below their nose or round their neck. I don't place a massive amount of faith in masks tbh but it was a bit of a surprise and a contrast to my experience more locally here in Norfolk. 

7 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Funny that cases have plateaued with nothing being reopened to explain it. I know there is a bit more open just now than March but I wonder if more people are just getting fed up sticking to the rules.

Purely anecdotal, but I've seen several things through social media of people having folk round, but nothing like massive house parties. Being kept apart from friends and family is taking its toll and it's hard not to understand why (particularly young folk) are going against restrictions, albeit at a low level.

I think it kind if shows that we have almost reached the limit of the effectiveness of lockdowns. They are only effective if there is sufficient buy-in from everyone, but that will naturally fall away the longer they go on. It might explain the fear being pushed by government, but over time that will just become whitenoise.

We are still testing circa 20,000 cases per day.  That was even as high as 25,000 on the 15th & 16th February. So it kinda figures with these numbers it is getting harder to get sustained daily falls until that positivity rate dips sub 5%.   NHS areas Forth Valley at average 7.6%, Lanarkshire at 7.2%, Ayshire 6.4% and Greater Glasgow at 5.9% over latest measured 7 days is not helping.   In comparison Grampian is at 2.4% and Tayside 3.3%

22 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

N. Ireland will be well vaccinated by then. A few tourists should make little / no difference.

I would hope we can open up before we approach 50% vaccinated though will almost be impossible on the Isle of Ireland also because Ireland have been in perma lockdown they will have low levels of immunity from natural exposure.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm guessing you're not an accountant 

2 hours ago, red23 said:

based on?? i exaggerate the £200 it's actually £130

Probably is an accountant...

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56141128
Is Joe Bloggs 'allowed' to visit family members in hospital? I've no idea what the current 'rules' are.

If it is ‘near the end’ care they can visit. My mother in law was in hospital a couple of weeks ago because her dad was just receiving end of life comfort care and they allowed a couple of visits before he passed away.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

N. Ireland will be well vaccinated by then. A few tourists should make little / no difference.

We'll just put police on the border to turn back day trippers - like the republic did.

12 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Is Joe Bloggs 'allowed' to visit family members in hospital? I've no idea what the current 'rules' are.

It’s allowed if it’s end of life. Maximum of two people. My gran was put in end of life care this week, who I’ve only been able to visit 3 times since March last year due to restrictions. Can’t even get in to have one last chat as my Dad and Uncle are the only 2 allowed in. Pure shite. 

11 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

If it is ‘near the end’ care they can visit. My mother in law was in hospital a couple of weeks ago because her dad was just receiving end of life comfort care and they allowed a couple of visits before he passed away.

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
17 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I don't think hospital visiting has been a thing for a long time. Possibly in an end of life situation, not sure.

3 minutes ago, Scosha said:

It’s allowed if it’s end of life. Maximum of two people. My gran was put in end of life care this week, who I’ve only been able to visit 3 times since March last year due to restrictions. Can’t even get in to have one last chat as my Dad and Uncle are the only 2 allowed in. Pure shite. 

So they can justify it before auld Phil makes a miraculous recovery in the next week or two...