Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Isnt there also considerably more effective interventions including steroids which in most cases preclude hospitalisation?
There's a whole load more treatments along with the vaccines and a better understanding of the virus overall.

I genuinely can't understand these experts who forecast that we'll be in a worse position than last year.

15 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Someone might want to tell her there's multiple vaccines.

Doesn't matter a jot to her. She would never change her standpoint, what with being a fully fledged member of the Communist Party of Great Britain.

The suffering of private businesses as a result of lockdown isn't an unfortunate but necessary evil, it's a fucking mandate!

I see there’s talk of furlough being extended. My view will probably go down like a lead balloon, but I don’t see why high earning folk could potentially be getting 80% of £2500 a month for over a year just to sit and stuff their face watching Netflix all day. Obviously it’s not their fault that they can’t work but should they not be put onto Universal Credit until all this blows over and they can get back to work? 

I am unable to work as my place of work has been closed. I am self employed and have been on the self employment scheme for much of this. I don’t earn £2500 a month but I have been on 80% of my earnings for much of this. Universal credit wouldn’t cover my rent, my bills and my food for myself and my family.

9 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I see there’s talk of furlough being extended. My view will probably go down like a lead balloon, but I don’t see why high earning folk could potentially be getting 80% of £2500 a month for over a year just to sit and stuff their face watching Netflix all day. Obviously it’s not their fault that they can’t work but should they not be put onto Universal Credit until all this blows over and they can get back to work? 

A quite ridiculous point of view. 

Without actually looking at figures I doubt they'll be that many people getting the full whack available or anything close to it. 

Being on Furlough is an utter shite state of affairs, you're literally being told that what you do isn't that important, and I'd assume your chance of redundancy and unemployment in the future is higher as companies re-evaluate their expenditure and work force. 

1 minute ago, stuart87 said:

I am unable to work as my place of work has been closed. I am self employed and have been on the self employment scheme for much of this. I don’t earn £2500 a month but I have been on 80% of my earnings for much of this. Universal credit wouldn’t cover my rent, my bills and my food for myself and my family.

It was the £2500 earners I was getting at. Just find it crazy they’ll have earned about £24,000 in furlough soon 

18 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Someone might want to tell her there's multiple vaccines.

It blows my mind that people like that are seemingly in a position of influence.

A certified communist in 2021 Britain ffs, who just happens to be a psychologist. You genuinely couldn't make it up. She's probably pally with Freeman.

2 minutes ago, gc_smfc said:

A quite ridiculous point of view. 

Without actually looking at figures I doubt they'll be that many people getting the full whack available or anything close to it. 

Being on Furlough is an utter shite state of affairs, you're literally being told that what you do isn't that important, and I'd assume your chance of redundancy and unemployment in the future is higher as companies re-evaluate their expenditure and work force. 

I imagine being on furlough would be ten times better than being on Universal Credit tbf 

Because in many instances their capital would exclude them from qualifying. 16k max is the qualifying threshold.

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

In more positive news Sadiq Khan wants Scotland’s fans to be at Wembley. Also in the article Hugh Pennington says transmission rates outside are 20 times less than indoors. Maybe someone should ask why “300” was the magic number for test events  in 22,000 seater capacities like Pittodrie 

Because it was a PR exercise.

There's a whole load more treatments along with the vaccines and a better understanding of the virus overall.

I genuinely can't understand these experts who forecast that we'll be in a worse position than last year.
Vaccines have managed in 2 months to go from the end game, the route out to just another tool to suppress the virus. It really has been a very odd turnaround since their euphoric launch.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
31 minutes ago, mizfit said:
If furlough is being extended it’ll be to cover specific industries like travel and hospitality.

That ain't the rumours, it's looking like a full min 6 months extension surprisingly.

It makes sense based on what it was meant to be used for when it was originally extended last year. Which was to allow businesses to retain staff as restrictions were eased as there would be an initial reduction in trade. 

It makes sense based on what it was meant to be used for when it was originally extended last year. Which was to allow businesses to retain staff as restrictions were eased as there would be an initial reduction in trade. 
But an unfortunate side effect is the ability to keep businesses closed for longer.

7 minutes ago, red23 said:

Lassie at my work agreed to go down to a 4 day week temporarily when work dipped, now things have recently really picked up again so asked her if she can return to 5 days a week. 

Her response? no, i'm quite enjoying doing the 4 day week and i want to make the most of lockdown because my husband is on furlough. (which he has been since March 2020)

From what i know about the relationship they will be sitting watching tv laughing at each others farts.

Good for them.

18 minutes ago, red23 said:

Lassie at my work agreed to go down to a 4 day week temporarily when work dipped, now things have recently really picked up again so asked her if she can return to 5 days a week. 

Her response? no, i'm quite enjoying doing the 4 day week and i want to make the most of lockdown because my husband is on furlough. (which he has been since March 2020)

From what i know about the relationship they will be sitting watching tv laughing at each others farts.

They sound a lot happier than you do