Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

So there appears to be another Bojo U turn with all news channels now reporting his roadmap WILL now have indicative dates rather than data lead relaxation as he has persistently told us. That said two households only being able to meet outdoors by Easter is grim.

Aye, I'll put it off for a bit, just to be on the safe side.

44 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Florida with 21 million people recorded 6000 cases yesterday with zero restrictions
Meanwhile the ukinlockdown got 12k with over 3 times the population
So yeah they are higher than us per head but not 4 times higher or any of that nonsense

There are better states to use. Florida's covid stats are about as trustworthy as Belarus'

So there appears to be another Bojo U turn with all news channels now reporting his roadmap WILL now have indicative dates rather than data lead relaxation as he has persistently told us. That said two households only being able to meet outdoors by Easter is grim.
He obviously got his words mixed up.

Dates not data.

29 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

How much was your cut for producing it?

Not enough, hoping for an Oscar to raise my profile.

25 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You're told to wait 15 minutes after your jag whenever you clock in. It's also on your appointment letter/will be mentioned in your appointment phone call.

When my wife got hers we f***** off to the dump to get rid of rubbish, and then waited the other 10 minutes in the laybye outside, if needs be we would have been back at the surgery in 2 minutes.

When myself and our daughter got ours we waited in the car in the practice car park.

People are totally wrapped in cotton wool nowadays and need to be led by the hand like toddlers.

Considering its the elderly and most vulnerable getting done first I think it's completely right to set out exactly what is going to happen. 

21 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Seasonal....dropping in Sweden....in MID February !

There is seasonality to it but the likes of the UK and Sweden are still firmly in Winter.

Bog-standard flu epidemics peak long before mid-February most if not all of the time. The seasonality comes from the start of the colder season leading people to spend more time indoors and makes them more susceptible to illness. By February enough acquired immunity is kicking in so that the epidemic burns out.

If we were relying on warm, dry weather alone then the Scottish flu season would be all fucking year round. It is still a seasonal epidemic though.

Edited by vikingTON

5 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

It is terribly odd that despite rushing to stockpile as many vaccines as possible, Sputnik V has continued to be completely ignored as an option by the West even after being shown to be completely safe.

It's almost as if none of them are above the same petty nationalism and outrageously irresponsible undermining of faith in vaccines in general as Macron and von der Leyen have been guilty of over AZ.

It's fine to be Russophobic and it's Putin worship to push back on it at all.

Just now, MP_MFC said:

Jason leitch on off the ball there giving us an update on the figures in the DRC. All looking good there.

He has a mole in the thread imo.

Haven't the Congolese suffered enough without that welt taking an interest

5 minutes ago, madwullie said:

There are better states to use. Florida's covid stats are about as trustworthy as Belarus'

😂

I admire your desire to discard any and all figures which don't support your view as "lies"

Unfortunately it makes discussion with you impossible.

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

It is terribly odd that despite rushing to stockpile as many vaccines as possible, Sputnik V has continued to be completely ignored as an option by the West even after being shown to be completely safe.

It's almost as if none of them are above the same petty nationalism and outrageously irresponsible undermining of faith in vaccines in general as Macron and von der Leyen have been guilty of over AZ.

There is a difference between ignoring and actively rubishing something.

Anyway, I thought the UK had plenty vaccine? Maybe the EU could use Sputnik  V.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You've pretty much backed me up here. The report shows what would happen if a more transmissive new variant took hold - one expert is scaremongering about it on that basis, but the article says that various provinces are still planning to open up.

At least we agree the graph is absolute nonsense which would simply never happen.

27 minutes ago, 101 said:

Not enough, hoping for an Oscar to raise my profile.

Considering its the elderly and most vulnerable getting done first I think it's completely right to set out exactly what is going to happen. 

Just because you're old and/or vulnerable doesn't mean your common sense has been drained out of you.

39 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

😂

I admire your desire to discard any and all figures which don't support your view as "lies"

Unfortunately it makes discussion with you impossible.

Wot? 

They fired someone for refusing to manipulate the data to back up the governor's plan to open up last year. She ultimately set up her own dashboard that's considered a mile more trustworthy than the state's. They are in the process of using heavy handed tactics to suppress her. They have regularly refused to release data eg for schools when it looks like it will cast unfavourable light on their policies. 

I clearly said that there are better states to use, meaning their data is a million miles more trustworthy and their current restrictions are similar to those in Florida ie similar conclusions can be drawn. 

BTW if you think lockdowns don't work, why have you spent the last couple of months on here agreeing we should wait for certain data points to be reached before opening up? 

I see there’s talk of furlough being extended. My view will probably go down like a lead balloon, but I don’t see why high earning folk could potentially be getting 80% of £2500 a month for over a year just to sit and stuff their face watching Netflix all day. Obviously it’s not their fault that they can’t work but should they not be put onto Universal Credit until all this blows over and they can get back to work?