Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Paco said:

Mark Drakeford strikes me as a bit of an idiot but there’s no way he’s dreamt this up. Clearly advice he’s receiving, which is mostly the same as the rest of the UK, is that there will be a third wave.

Drakeford also said in the same interview he doesn’t see normality this year.

What are we missing here?

There almost certainly will be a third wave (and a fourth wave and a fifth wave and so on), it's just that you've got to hope and assume that the vaccines will make it essentially barely noticeable. My guess is that this has been communicated to them and there's a whole "but what if the vaccines aren't enough" worst case scenario which has been modelled.

Saw that one earlier. At least it’s not a beached whale this time, but when the extent of it was “I felt energy drained” it again actually seems to be pushing the opposite message to what I think they’re aiming for. 
I feel energy drain with a cold tbh, so I fail to see how that sets the benchmark for all the businesses across Scotland being torched. 
What an embarrassment from the Scotgov pearl clutchers. 
I'd rather have had the fever, cough and headache for twice as long rather than walking about nearly a month after diagnosis feeling like I'm at around 30% battery charge. It's fucking horrible, and yet, for me at least, not severe enough to take time off work. Worst of both worlds, if you like.

This is Blair's suggestion, apparantly.

In purely Scottish terms, that would only allow hospitality to open when cases drop below 77 new cases per day.

The no restrictions until there are zero known cases part is genuinely chilling; It's almost certain that we'll never get there, not to mention genuinely impossible as NS is planning to expand testing, and there will always be false positives

20210219_111328.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

This is Blair's suggestion, apparantly.
In purely Scottish terms, that would only allow hospitality to open when cases drop below 77 new cases per day.
The no restrictions until there are zero known cases part is genuinely chilling; It's almost certain that we'll never get there.
20210219_111328.thumb.jpg.a8c5997f144f83ae888164427f321e7b.jpg

Probably a reasonably fair proposal..... if we didn’t have a mountain of working vaccine.

3 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I'd rather have had the fever, cough and headache for twice as long rather than walking about nearly a month after diagnosis feeling like I'm at around 30% battery charge. It's fucking horrible, and yet, for me at least, not severe enough to take time off work. Worst of both worlds, if you like.

Doesn’t sound fun, but realistically if we get to a stage where that’s the worst it gets then it’s happy days and everything open.

I think we'll need to wait for Sunak' budget to see if there's anything sinister that we're not being told, even Boris' on Monday won't really tell us much that's worth noting as he flip flops all the time. 

29 minutes ago, Paco said:

Mark Drakeford strikes me as a bit of an idiot but there’s no way he’s dreamt this up. Clearly advice he’s receiving, which is mostly the same as the rest of the UK, is that there will be a third wave.

Drakeford also said in the same interview he doesn’t see normality this year.

What are we missing here?

He is hopeless. Old c**t can't even get his suits to fit properly. Even the architect of lockdown, Neil fucking Ferguson, has said that this one will be the last.

Seriously though, even if/when we get to the stage when all restrictions are binned and taken out of law, what is to stop the fear of the re-introduction of future measures such as this whenever the virus continues to mutate in a vaccinated population, as influenza does?

You can practically already see media headlines a few years from now of 'NEW CORONAVIRUS MUTATION EMERGES, WILL IT MEAN A RETURN TO LOCKDOWN RESTRICTIONS?'

I truly despair.

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Cheap and ignorant posting..  Almost as bad as the idiotic posting over on the politics thread wherein the Natter Massive were speculating over the reintroduction of capital punishment.

No wonder that a failed and morally bankrupt administration in Holyrood gets so much credit for its incompetence when we have pish like this.

Even many English call them "hang em and flog em gammons".

So you would know about cheap and ignorant posting.

17 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:
45 minutes ago, 101 said:
Didn't go so well the last time.Screenshot_20210219-105600.thumb.jpg.6d5209956ea3b0a086ad5e98ef887fd2.jpg

How does she manage to still have that smug grin on her face when she's just been sacked. Uber c**t.

By plotting her revenge

Just to balance up the Drakeford comments, there also appears to be quotes from him saying personal services and non essential retail could reopen in three weeks as well as certain types of staycations for Easter. 

Given their infection levels are pretty similar to ours it will be very interesting to see how that develops. 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Just to balance up the Drakeford comments, there also appears to be quotes from him saying personal services and non essential retail could reopen in three weeks as well as certain types of staycations for Easter. 

Given their infection levels are pretty similar to ours it will be very interesting to see how that develops. 

Agreed it will be interesting, but it was just three days ago NS said they were unlikely.

I appreciate she can't predict the future, but I don't think constant flip flopping on what might happen would be particulary useful either.