Coronavirus (COVID-19)

23 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Well yeah, insanity. I always thought the same about upgrades to the Edinburgh-Glasgow line that were going to improve journey times by 6 minutes or whatever it was. There's a train every 15 minutes, get the earlier one.

And if you get the earlier one after the upgrade is complete you'll have saved 12 minutes.

Thread from former Mp nick Boles I think explains a lot of the doomerism on here and elsewhere

Aye hes not wrong. The amount (or lack of) sunlight we've had through this lockdown is a factor as well, I'm sure of it.

Just checked and it sounds well dodgy...
On 17 September 1988, 5 year old Stephen McKerron vanished from the camp whilst on holiday with his aunt and uncle. This led to the largest ever missing child hunt by Scottish Police, as 200 officers searched the camp and a six mile (10 km) radius from the camp. On Sunday 2 October Stephen's body was found outside the search area by Lady MacLehose, the wife of retired diplomat and former Governor of Hong Kong Lord MacLehose of Beoch, who lived nearby. Despite a fatal incident inquiry finding Death by Natural Causes questions (as to how Stephen was able to walk so far by himself and whether he may have been transported by some unknown third party) remain.[6]
I recall at the time the wee boys mother was convinced there was more to it as when he was found his socks were missing and his shoes were back on with the laces tied. She was adamant he was unable to tie his shoe laces.

6 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

That's sacrilege. Bultins was the first place I ever got drunk, went with a mates family and bumped into a guy who was a few years above us at school who kept going up and getting us pints of cider and blackcurrant while we hid behind the foliage in the beachcomber bar.

See the source image

9 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
13 minutes ago, ICTChris said:
Thread from former Mp nick Boles I think explains a lot of the doomerism on here and elsewhere

Aye hes not wrong. The amount (or lack of) sunlight we've had through this lockdown is a factor as well, I'm sure of it.

Just generally sitting about all the time is bad for you and if you don't get a decent amount of activity during the day sleeping will be shite. 

2 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Thats it, there’s no other news now not even brexit. A watched pot never boils so they have to keep filling time with shite

It's awright, Phil the Greek about to sort that out over the next few days...hopefully. 

2 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Devi sensing her TV time will be coming to an end now that her beloved Zero COVID (“hey it is just a name”) approach is being increasingly ridiculed.

‘Oh when i say zero-covid, obviously I don’t mean zero-covid’

Fascinating to observe these goal posts beginning to move.

‘Oh when i say zero-covid, obviously I don’t mean zero-covid’
Fascinating to observe these goal posts beginning to move.

She’s not saying anything different here than she was saying in the summer. She’s always a said zero-Covid means suppression rather than total eradication.

Also it’s dawned on me that the constant doom and fear in the media is just a news symptom of the monotony of just now
There is no news, we’re still going to be in lockdown for a wee while longer, covid is still happening and the vaccine rollout is progressing
Thats it, there’s no other news now not even brexit. A watched pot never boils so they have to keep filling time with shite
Just wait until Mr Widsor kicks the bucket

9 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

She’s not saying anything different here than she was saying in the summer. She’s always a said zero-Covid means suppression rather than total eradication.

That’s just not true. As recently as last month, rightly or wrongly,  she advocated  elimination over suppression.

7 minutes ago, George Parr said:

That’s just not true. As recently as last month, rightly or wrongly,  she advocated  elimination over suppression.

It's also ridiculous to call it #ZeroCovid, as she knows fine well people will equate "zero" to... well, zero.

#ZeroCovid zealots trying to have their cake and eat it.

I still think a lot of the vaccine rhetoric was assumption although it's not hard to see why given the triumphal way it was (rightly from a purely scientific achievement point of view) announced.

All the "back to full normality" talk from the unqualified media and the likes of the ERG basically drowned out the more cautious words from the medical fraternity. It's human nature in a situation like this to basically hear what you want amongst all the noise.

Vaccines are still the only end game but it's clearly going to be nowhere near as quick as everyone hoped or dreamt. It might yet accelerate hugely come the Spring but again building your hope's up that this will happen is only going to lead to even more angst and frustration if that doesn't happen. The media swings wildly from hope to despair on the tiniest snippets of news either positive or negative. That really isn't helping.