Coronavirus (COVID-19)

32 minutes ago, super_carson said:

After the chat yesterday about restrictions being eased even slower than last summer I thought it was worth trying to put together a sort of time line of restrictions for comparison:

23rd March - 44.9 case / 1.9 deaths (no mass testing at this point)

• Lockdown begins

10th May - 267 cases  / 40.9 deaths

• Once a day exercise limit lifted

29th May  - 78.3 / 12.3

• Two households can now meet outside

19th June - 20.9 / 4

• People living alone or single parents with children can form what is described as an "extended group" with one other household, including overnight stays
  • three households can meet up outdoors

22nd June - 19.6  /3/4

• The wearing of face coverings becomes compulsory on public transport
  • Dentists are allowed to reopen for patients in need of urgent treatment
  • Health services increased
  • Places of worship for individual prayer

29 June - 10.1 / 1.4

• Non essential retailers reopen in Scotland

9th July - 7.3 / 0.4

• Can now meet up indoors with two other households from 10 July, and also in extended groups outside of up to fifteen from the same day

10th July - 8.1 / 0.3

• wearing of face coverings becomes mandatory in shops in Scotland

13th July - 9.3 / 0.3

•  Shopping centres are permitted to reopen in Scotland
  • outdoor contact sports resume for children

15th July 9.1 / 0

• Hairdressers and barbers, pubs and restaurants, cinemas, tourist attractions, places of worship and childcare facilities reopen

17th July - 9.7 / 0.1

• Shielding can visit holiday accommodation, as well as outdoor markets and gardens

1st August - 14 / 0

• Shielding programme is paused for England and Scotland

5th August - 28.7 / 0

• Lockdown restrictions are re-imposed on Aberdeen

8th August - 43.6 / 0

• Face coverings required  in libraries, museums and places of worship

10th August - 47.6 / 0

• Care home visits allowed for three outdoor visitors per person from two separate households.

11th August - 51.7 / 0

• Schools reopen full time. 

24th August - 74.1 / 0.1

• Travel & indoor gathering bans in Aberdeen lifted.

26th August - 75.9 / 0.3

• Aberdeen bars and restaurants allowed to re-open.

31st August - 85.9 / 0.3

• Face coverings become mandatory for Scottish secondary schools
  • Gyms, swimming pools and indoor sports courts are permitted to reopen

1st September - 101.6 / 0.3

• Restrictions on visiting other households are reintroduced in Glasgow and the neighbouring areas of West Dunbartonshire and East Renfrewshire

7th September - 152.1 / 0.3

• Restrictions on home visits in the West of Scotland are extended to cover Renfrewshire and East Dunbartonshire

11th September - 166.6 / 0.4

• Households in Lanarkshire are banned from mixing from midnight

9th October - 906.6 / 2.6

• Bars and restaurants in the Central Belt must close from 18:00 on 9 October, the closure remaining in place until 25 October; licensed premises in other areas can remain open for outdoor service only.

2nd November - 1162.6 / 21.3

• Tier system reintroduced (tier 3 amended on 12th December to prohibit alcohol)

Added into this the 7 day case and death numbers for these dates.

For reference the last figures were 800.9 and 37.6.

Surely people don't think that NS hasn't already seen BJ's exit plan, or that her's isn't already written?

The only reason I can think she didn't extend the lockdown yesterday is because, rather than put a date on it ending yesterday, she is going to extend it until the conditions that she will set out on Tuesday are met.

There is absolutely no way that all of a sudden she is going to lift shielding, for example, at least one full month before England. That just doesn't tally with the extra cautious approach of the last 11 months.

5 minutes ago, madwullie said:

#metoo

That boy that was on life support in Vietnam for months was a good friend when we were younger. Bit older at 42 but he's a pilot so generally in pretty good condition, albeit it's possible he has some underlying thing I don't know about. 

I mentioned it on here a few weeks ago but I knew a young nurse who died of it, she was 27 and fit (knew her through CrossFit) and a woman in her 40’s, who was also fit and healthy.

I know it’s not the common outcome for fit healthy people but I don’t like that it’s completely dismissed as an outcome, or that people look to find ways that these people don’t count, because it can happen.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

All close contacts of anyone testing positive now to be tested as a matter of course rather than only needing to test if developing symptoms. Got to keep those positive test numbers up (although moot today's as back over 1100 without this change in policy)

I love the cynicism haha.

In all seriousness, though, why only do this now?

That would surely be more impactful when we had 10 cases per day, than 1,000?

No it hasn't, the two week waiting time target has been breached  continuously.  Yes people are being seen but not as quickly as previously and treatments have been delayed due to this. 
So although still a priority nowhere near as efficient and not as normal.
OK normally isn't the right word but treatment certainly hasn't been stopped is probably a better way of wording it.

You guys think Craig Tara is grim? You should be thankful it’s not the Butlins that was on the same site. That place was ten times worse [emoji51]

I watched Scotland being beat by Costa Rica as an 7 year old there. What was the name of the centre there? The galaxy centre or something? Wonderwest was alright, on saying that i was 7 when i went.

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

All close contacts of anyone testing positive now to be tested as a matter of course rather than only needing to test if developing symptoms. Got to keep those positive test numbers up (although moot today's as back over 1100 without this change in policy)

In all honesty a farce that this was never the case in the first place.

I love the cynicism haha.
In all seriousness, though, why only do this now?
That would surely be more impactful when we had 10 cases per day, than 1,000?
There was an explanation in so much as trying everything they can to "break the chains" as new cases appear pretty stubborn at the levels reached (today's fig disappointing)

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
13 minutes ago, Tynierose said:
No it hasn't, the two week waiting time target has been breached  continuously.  Yes people are being seen but not as quickly as previously and treatments have been delayed due to this. 
So although still a priority nowhere near as efficient and not as normal.

OK normally isn't the right word but treatment certainly hasn't been stopped is probably a better way of wording it.

Again though, it's broadly the case that any impact on cancer treatment is due to the presence of the virus, not lockdown. If we end all restrictions tomorrow, nurses, radiologists, and other staff will still be seconded to covid wards / duties, staff will still be vaccinating, oncologists will still be weighing up whether or not the risk of missing treatment is greater than the risk of catching the virus. 

He's been told this a dozen times already. 

The main cancer issue due to lockdown is people not wanting to bother doctors / scared to leave the house and therefore missing an initial appointment to check out a lump or such that then progresses beyond curable. Most other stuff the virus is to blame, not the lockdown. 

Edited by madwullie

Collected my box of tests this morning. Will be testing twice a week due to being in school Monday - Friday.

As more tests become available the actual numbers will possibly remain reasonably high, but as long as the overall percentage reduces and, has been discussed in great detail on here, the hospital figures and ICU + Death figures decline then we should be moving forward and using those as the benchmarks for success.

Collected my box of tests this morning. Will be testing twice a week due to being in school Monday - Friday.

As more tests become available the actual numbers will possibly remain reasonably high, but as long as the overall percentage reduces and, has been discussed in great detail on here, the hospital figures and ICU + Death figures decline then we should be moving forward and using those as the benchmarks for success.
What's the procedure if you get a +ve LFT , book a PCR for confirmation ?