Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Nobody is disputing that education and the social aspect for kids (especially ones who are only children) is vitally important, it shouldn't be a trade off for every adult to put up with existing to work (that's if they even have a job left) and having nothing else to look forward to

It's shite but if it's going to be a staggered reopening then it's obviously going to be schools first. 

The pandemic seems to have turned some people into the male equivalent of the miserable auld hag that would stick a knife in your football. 

The same people bumping their gums about "incompetence" from Nicola Sturgeon - as she announced we had the highest vaccine rate in Europe last week - were only a few weeks ago complaining about government "incompetence" because the government had quite rightly prioritised care homes.     

I understand the frustrations on here from certain posters about not having a beer with friends.   But you can still meet with a pal outside and play all day long and have a beer when you come home.    

There will be a point after vaccines are complete where the level of government control we're currently under won't be accepted by the population - but that's a few months away.    

Nicola Sturgeon gets a A- for me for her performance during this, and is miles ahead of Boris, DRoss et all.    I look forward voting SNP/GREEN in May for the good guys. 

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I've got to laugh that the wee precious cherubs of primary 1-3 can go back to being in classes of about 30, yet the big bad gyms, salons, clothes shops and sports stadia are still consigned to the bin and will probably remain there for weeks/months yet. Covid above all and schools above all 🙄

No idea why you'd laugh at that.   

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's shite but if it's going to be a staggered reopening then it's obviously going to be schools first. 

The pandemic seems to have turned some people into the male equivalent of the miserable auld hag that would stick a knife in your football. 

After a year of this shit that was supposed to be "3 weeks to flatten the curve and prevent the NHS being overwhelmed, I'm not suprised. 

27 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
1 hour ago, super_carson said:
I sense an opportunity here, I’m going to open a pub in my school’s gym hall.  That way you can all have some delicious pints and a shot on the ropes at the same time. 

Ice packs and a call home if you get pished and bump your head.

3 pints of lager and half a dozen burpees please.

Burps, surely?

48 minutes ago, Michael W said:

This is an outrage. 

Essentially, we will be locking down vaccinated people so that they can avoid other vaccinated people. Meanwhile, those that haven't been vaccinated will be protected from significantly reduced chances of infection as a result of herd immunity. In which case, you're within your rights to ask why we've fucking well bothered with the vaccination programme. 

It is appalling that they are getting away with saying this shit unchallenged. 

There’s f**k all chance of it happening after furlough has been binned. It would take one monumental f**k up, and a complete vaccine failure for us to be anywhere near needing a lockdown next winter. 

Nobody is disputing that education and the social aspect for kids (especially ones who are only children) is vitally important, it shouldn't be a trade off for every adult to put up with existing to work (that's if they even have a job left) and having nothing else to look forward to
Today's announcement isn't a trade off though. We are nowhere near being able to reopen gyms and it was 5-7yo kids returning.

Interesting you use that analogy as I was thinking that very thing reading some of VTs school rants earlier. Exactly the type of cantankerous cretin that would stick a knife in the kids ball if it went into his garden.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
25 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Interesting you use that analogy as I was thinking that very thing reading some of VTs school rants earlier. Exactly the type of cantankerous cretin that would stick a knife in the kids ball if it went into his garden.

I had the same experience.

He's a weird combination of eternal undergrad and raging pensioner. 

There’s f**k all chance of it happening after furlough has been binned. It would take one monumental f**k up, and a complete vaccine failure for us to be anywhere near needing a lockdown next winter. 
Exactly this. Think about it logically if there is no furlough there will be no businesses ordered to close. After April any support will be very targeted to specific sectors.

All this hysteria about business closed until summer, unless Sunak decides that's needed it cant and wont happen. Add in an election in May and it's nowhere near as difficult to see through Sturgeons doom and gloom as most seem to be making out.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Exactly this. Think about it logically if there is no furlough there will be no businesses ordered to close. After April any support will be very targeted to specific sectors.

All this hysteria about business closed until summer, unless Sunak decides that's needed it cant and wont happen. Add in an election in May and it's nowhere near as difficult to see through Sturgeons doom and gloom as most seem to be making out.

Less than an hour ago you were claiming that the phrase “for summer” meant that any easing of restrictions wouldn’t be permanent.  You’re all over the place.

44 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Just noticed within the criteria to skip the vaccine queue.  All the Fat Cants on here are in luck.

Risk Group 6

Clinical conditions list:

• are seriously overweight (BMI of 40 and above)

Out of my way!
493950175_YeSCQwxFNA_0W8MA9yEjY4tyXI8.gif.a5e7085a6257f2d5682439f945add98f.gif

Edited by RiG

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If furlough ends at the end of april as many predict then how does NS propose to provide support to the hospitality, travel and culture sectors? 
When is the ‘adult conversation’ going to happen? Will Leitch admit he fucked up spectacularly

There’s zero chance of that happening.  Indeed, he’s more likely to get a regulator slot on Sportsound telling everyone how great he is.

Not really been keeping in touch closely with how things are going in the U.K. or this thread for a while.  A question, My 88 year old mother got her initial vaccine in mid January, the expectation was that she would receive the second dose in three weeks. She is now telling me it will be 12 weeks before she gets the second jab. WTF?! If what was promised was three weeks is now twelve weeks, does this mean that there will be a reduction in the efficacy of the vaccine? P.S. she contracted COVID a few months ago and survived. She's a tough old gal.

Can't wait to pay a higher rate of tax for the rest of my life to pay for the furlough scheme whilst the government persist with building a high speed railway into London no one will use or housing nuclear weapons nobody wants costing billions.