Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

All legislation of the Scottish Parliament can be attacked as ultra vires if it can be shown to be incompatible with the ECHR.

Given lockdown restrictions are some of the clearest breaches of convention rights imaginable, albeit justifiable as necessary and proportionate to date, it would be expected that you would start to see some challenges later in the year depending on how they are relaxed.

So you agree with the point I made in my post “If there were any challenges to any restrictions in Scotland or rUK it would need to be shown that the governments had acted beyond their powers.”?

So you agree with the point I made in my post “If there were any challenges to any restrictions in Scotland or rUK it would need to be shown that the governments had acted beyond their powers.”?

I'm pretty confident any proceedings that requires them to present their evidence for the ongoing restrictions would leave them on very shaky ground.

50 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

33 identified cases in nearly 3 months. Isn't this also basically the same as the "Bristol variant" that Hancock was talking about last week? 

Anything to keep driving fear. 

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

While I highly doubt any festivals will be happening this summer anyway - even in the unlikely event that the governments allow live music to be back in the form of normal gigs with no distancing by June, I don't think they're going to allow tens of thousands of mostly younger people to pile into fields and camp for days in generally unhygienic conditions before they've had two doses - Glastonbury don't really have a choice with the sheer size of their site.

While they all may have other reasons for cancelling much further in advance, in terms of site infrastructure alone a big festival like Reading & Leeds could probably make the decision whether to go ahead or not a month in advance, and something much smaller in capacity or non-camping like TRNSMT could be even shorter notice because they don't need to start building the site up until so close to the start of the festival.

Obviously they'd all make the decision much earlier than that anyway because of the impact on ticket sales, contracts with suppliers etc, but Glastonbury takes so long to build the site that even if they wanted to they don't have the option to wait until May to see what the state of restrictions is before deciding.

Image result for covid gig

Mind this absolute shit show last year, pitching a tent on the scaffolding is the new normal.

19 minutes ago, Michael W said:

33 identified cases in nearly 3 months. Isn't this also basically the same as the "Bristol variant" that Hancock was talking about last week? 

Anything to keep driving fear. 

There's no evidence that it is any more harmful.  It's reckless reporting.

23 hours ago, superbigal said:

Todays summary     Back to the daily grind as I post alongside the Scotgov statement.  EDIT LOCKDOWN CONTINUES FOR ANOTHER MINIMUM 2 WEEKS !!!

The "Saturday" figures i was bothered about have been "clarified" which leads to good news.  

My Headline Aberdeen City & Dundee City combined population close to 400,000 have 134 Covid Infections.   Yes only 134 !!!

Daily infections have now dropped for 40 days in a row since the peak on 4th January. The total drop being 66.58%. Total cases are 5,512 and the positive test rate is down from  5.7% to 5.5% 

The top 4 (We should exclude Serco East Ayrshire) are still not covering themselves in Glory.  However just look at the Councils already below 100.  Sustained huge falls for South Ayrshire, D&G, East Dunbartonshire, Moray, East Lothian, Angus and pride of place for Dundee City with a total of 52 cases.

England 167.5 to 157.5 have dropped 5.97% in last 24 hours.  Wales 100.9 to 96.8 have dropped 4.06% in last 24 hours and beat Scotland to 100 barrier , Northern Ireland 140.6 to 133.8  have dropped 4.84% in last 24 hours.   UK Average is now 149.7 

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan    

Yesterdays figure for 6th Feb to 12th Feb was 103.8

Todays figure for 7th Feb to 13th Feb is 100.9   Another single Day drop of 2.79%. 

Council progress in last 24 hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

East Ayrshire 310.6 to 303.3  That Kilmarnock Prison area now 7,601 cases per 100K

West Dunbartonshire  217.0 to  227.1   Yet another bad day.

Clackmannanshire 221.2 to 219.2

Falkirk  192.1 to 193.3  

THEN A LARGE GAP

West Lothian  143.6 to 159.5    Privately run Prison sending Breich Valley to 1,670 cases per 100K and rising.

Stirling 146.5 to 158.2  Another bad day in Stirling 3 weeks worth  

Renfrewshire  152.4 to  154.7

North Lanarkshire  158.2 to 147.1    

South Lanarkshire 142.0 to 142.9  

Glasgow City  141.5 to  131.9  Great drop in the big City of 6.78%

North Ayrshire 135.8 to 130.6   

THEN ANOTHER GAP

East Renfrewshire  112.0 to 103.6  Terrific 24hours down 7.5%

Inverclyde  99.0 to 96.4

Midlothian   94.1 to 91.9

Western Isles   82.3 to 82.3  

South Ayrshire  83.5 to 76.4 Outstanding 10% drop on the day   

Dumfries & Galloway  84.6 to 72.6  Great daily drop of over 14% 

Argyll & Bute 78.0 to 71.0  

East Dunbartonshire   76.4 to 67.2  Brilliant 12% drop on day

Moray   74.1 to  66.8  Another 10% plus drop.

East Lothian  71.0 to  58.8   Sensational 17% drop in 24 Hours

Perth & Kinross    59.2 to 57.9

Highlands  53.9 to 57.2 

City Of Edinburgh  58.7 to 56.2

Fife  52.7 to 54.6   

Angus   56.8 to 50.8  Another 10% drop 

Aberdeenshire 45.9 to 44.0

Aberdeen City    36.7 to 35.9  

Dundee City 37.5 to 34.8  Another great drop from such low levels  

Scottish  Borders   27.7 to 30.3

Orkney Island  26.9 to 26.9

Shetland Islands  4.4 to 4.4

Edited by superbigal

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I just read that schools in England were at 25% capacity last week.

At the end of the article it said Schools in Scotland are closed except to vulnerable children and those of key workers.

What are Enlgand doing that schools are running at 25%?

Parents purposely twisting their jobs to be defined as "key worker" to get the weans out the house so they don't have noise in the background of conference calls.

I just read that schools in England were at 25% capacity last week.

At the end of the article it said Schools in Scotland are closed except to vulnerable children and those of key workers.

What are Enlgand doing that schools are running at 25%?

A ridiculously wide definition of “key worker”

My company has been WFH since last March, but senior individuals have got their kids in school because “high value business leaders” count as key workers

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

A ridiculously wide definition of “key worker”

My company has been WFH since last March, but senior individuals have got their kids in school because “high value business leaders” count as key workers

Also aresholes who bleated about opening schools after about 2 days like isabel oakeshott are classed as key workers.