Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I agree with you on knicker wetting but a fingers in the ears 'industries just adapt' mentality is equally unhelpful.

I'm not saying my post was helpful but it is true, I shouldn't need to put meat on the bone just to keep people happy, too many on here are not willing to accept that things might not return to exactly what it was. 

5 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I would like life to return to normal quite quickly. I'm not going to claim it's for mental health reasons or wider economic reasons because I think that's a bit of a smokescreen people use to hide behind when really they just want their old life back. 

Come winter, more people than usual may die due to vaccinations not stopping all severe disease. I'm happy to admit that I see that as acceptable.

Yes.  I don't even go to the pub, I'm not a drinker.   I'm very much tired of all this pish as  I enjoy social interaction .

Death is a part of life.   it's not enough for us just to be alive , we need to live

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

I'm not saying my post was helpful but it is true, I shouldn't need to put meat on the bone just to keep people happy, too many on here are not willing to accept that things might not return to exactly what it was. 

Similarly, many will think you're far too accepting of the "new normal". Why should this be a case of just accepting what politicians and a small collection of scientists allow us?

More fantastic incompetence from the diddy cartel in the Scottish Government. warnock.png

Let's obliterate our aviation, travel, tourism, and associated supply chains to zero benefit, but just look at how seriously we are taking things!

Edited by Elixir

18 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

It's quite bizarre, some gadgie from the Airport knocks on his door and tells him he's free to go.

What actual difference is there between arriving in England or Dublin?  NS wants border checks if UKG don't quarantine those heading for Scotland, what is she going to do about Ireland, gunboats?  Needless posturing bites you on the bum eventually.

The Dublin Dodge is back in play.

You couldn’t make it up.  He must be the most chilled guy on the planet.  Nae bother lads, I’ll sod off in the morning ‘cos I’m a bit tired at the moment. 😂

i’d assume he got 90% of his money back.

ETA gunboats won't help here.  Anti-aircraft batteries in Dumfries and Galloway should do the trick.

Edited by Left Back

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I'd say fucked personally. Only restaurants would survive. Pubs would be gone completely.

Much as I have zero faith in either govt, they surely know this isnt workable. However, such scientific advice shouldnt be constantly getting bled into the public domain is no use. If some attention seeking clown wants to float this to govt fair enough, but we are only getting one side of it.

Let's have these idiots publicly rinsed please.

Vaccine passport? Not got. Don't get in?. Was there not talk of this for flying. 

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

It's quite bizarre, some gadgie from the Airport knocks on his door and tells him he's free to go.

What actual difference is there between arriving in England or Dublin?  NS wants border checks if UKG don't quarantine those heading for Scotland, what is she going to do about Ireland, gunboats?  Needless posturing bites you on the bum eventually.

The Dublin Dodge is back in play.

Amazed that a staunch Airdrie God-botherer like Leitch ignored the fact that ROI is an independent country tbh. 

Meanwhile... what? We close pubs forever? If one case of Covid is transmitted in a hospitality venue in future which might lead to some sniffles, what happens? What if influenza or norovirus is passed on?

Love the fighting comments from the Scottish Hospitality Group in the article towards these bullied-at-school clowns.

Edited by Elixir

The wet led pub was already in pretty serious decline but they will be completely wiped out if restrictions such as Social Distancing remain in place for much longer. My local was down to a capacity of 26 with the last set of restrictions, it's got some pretty hardened drinkers who will quite happily neck 3 pints in an hour so was still managing to turn a profit before finally being forced to close when the absurd restriction of having to eat came in before you could get a pint. Places like that will be fucked.

The sad thing is that you get the feeling that NS and the government would be extremely happy if the pubs where folk just go for a pint were closed indefinitely and all that was left were Hungry Horse, family friendly type places. In the same way that they would be quite happy if football and its fans became completely sanitised to the point of noone ever saying f**k inside a fitba ground.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Similarly, many will think you're far too accepting of the "new normal". Why should this be a case of just accepting what politicians and a small collection of scientists allow us?

I'll decide what I think when I know what's happening and I've read the required materials.

I've said my bit on here about Boris and Nicola, I was questioning Nicola a lot earlier than most on here. 

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

I'll decide what I think when I know what's happening and I've read the required materials.

I've said my bit on here about Boris and Nicola, I was questioning Nicola a lot earlier than most on here. 

Ah ok, so you have no opinion. Just want to criticise those who do.

That was a waste of time. Have a good day.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ah ok, so you have no opinion. Just want to criticise those who do.

That was a waste of time. Have a good day.

This is not about criticising this is about folk running to the worst case scenario every time, personally I don't see it being as disastrous as some on here. 

3 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Source: Serco Institute

I'm sure that survey is definitely 100% legit and not funded by a private body who would love to make a mint by monetising such a prospect.

I think that's why the traditionally free market Tories haven't been so quick to chuck restrictions, their pals can do what they like and their pals companies are getting shit rich, whilst other companies go to the wall meaning less competition, win win win :cheers

12 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

The wet led pub was already in pretty serious decline but they will be completely wiped out if restrictions such as Social Distancing remain in place for much longer. My local was down to a capacity of 26 with the last set of restrictions, it's got some pretty hardened drinkers who will quite happily neck 3 pints in an hour so was still managing to turn a profit before finally being forced to close when the absurd restriction of having to eat came in before you could get a pint. Places like that will be fucked.

The sad thing is that you get the feeling that NS and the government would be extremely happy if the pubs where folk just go for a pint were closed indefinitely and all that was left were Hungry Horse, family friendly type places. In the same way that they would be quite happy if football and its fans became completely sanitised to the point of noone ever saying f**k inside a fitba ground.

BASTURT!  You beat me to it ! 

I can imagine them sitting in their meetings going "ocht bloody football and alcohol I tell ye if we just shut them down and keep them shut  we'd sort this mess of a country right oot! "

when I was 5 years old I fell of my bike and skint both my knees, my hysterical maw wanted there to be "nae mare bike!" until my dad thankfully stepped in and telt her to simmer the f**k doon