Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

I was reading an article earlier about an ex nurse who had a breast cancer diagnosis at the start of the pandemic. Her treatment was put on hold and now its spread to her brain. She was basically saying how it's the National Health Service and not National Covid Service. As I've said before its Covid uber alles these days, fck everything else 

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

It was probably a bit too risque. But i stand by the now deleted points that pretty much most of whats gone wrong in the world is down to religion. 

I personally have no time for religion (as I stated when that discussion kicked off on here a few days ago).  That’s a lot different to trampling all over someones religious beliefs because they contradict how you think people should live their lives though.

24 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I'd argue that since  the reduction in contact is entirely down to decisions made by the UK government it's essentially the same as denying care.

Current government policy guarantees these outcomes. 

No it doesn't, that's just gross hyperbole. GPs were and are always open and the referral pathways for urgent care were and are too. I don't deny that routine care has been significantly affected and will be for some time.

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I was reading an article earlier about an ex nurse who had a breast cancer diagnosis at the start of the pandemic. Her treatment was put on hold and now its spread to her brain. She was basically saying how it's the National Health Service and not National Covid Service. As I've said before its Covid uber alles these days, fck everything else 

See, I don't doubt that there are some cancer patients that have slipped through the cracks, however, it is unfair to say this is the norm. I am going to sound harsh here, but brain metastases do not appear in a couple of weeks/months from diagnosis. I suspect her cancer was significantly more advanced at presentation.

What do you expect us to do? How could we possibly have continued to provide the same routine services when hospital capacity rose massively and staff were redeployed? It's not as if we have a massive reserve of trained staff just lying around and huge areas of real estate lying empty. We ran with little reserve capacity at the best of times.

There is a huge amount of work going on at board level to plan recovery of services. A return to some form of normality will take years. There will be huge changes in how services will be delivered, both elective and emergency.

Edited by Cyclizine

My only crusade is to get out of this shit.  We are nearly a year into this(and are going to comfortably meet the year mark and then some) and yet you are trying to justify delaying that cos you want to let a minority of our population do whatever the f**k they want?   That’s  madness.
Yea I have a disagreement generally with religion,  but normally it’s a case of live and let live,  if they are choosing to sing hymns and I choose to go to the pub then what the hell, let’s be civil.  If you go beyond that and are being a c**t to the detriment of society then expect to be called out on that.
Correct me if I'm wrong(and I'm atheist btw) , but it's not the mainstream religions that are antivax is it? It's more the fundamentalist loonies, 5G conspiracists, etc (which includes all the Facebook wackjobs)

If we remain locked up for one minute longer than necessary because of a group of wackjobs refusing to vaccinate because of their batshit mental religious beliefs I will be apoplectic with rage.

23 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I personally have no time for religion (as I stated when that discussion kicked off on here a few days ago).  That’s a lot different to trampling all over someones religious beliefs because they contradict how you think people should live their lives though.

Well i’d kinda be ok with that argument if for example people didnt use their religious beliefs to undertake actions which impact quite heavily on other people. Look at Blair and Bush’s justifications for iraq, the aids epidemic in africa being spiked by lies about condoms, the orthodox jewish and other conservative religious communities refusing to engage largely with covid restrictions leading to massive spikes in infections in the areas they live within which in turn mean lockdown etc lasts longer. 
If people want to believe that the bible isnt made up lies or the book of mormon will actually deliver them to another planet where jesus lives or that god would rather people contracted hiv than had protected sex then thats absolutely up to them more power to them. But when their views impact on how secular people live their lives then no. That religious congregations are stated by clownshoes to be the second biggest priority for easing restrictions is an absolute disgrace. Religion is an absolute cancer. 

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Well i’d kinda be ok with that argument if for example people didnt use their religious beliefs to undertake actions which impact quite heavily on other people. Look at Blair and Bush’s justifications for iraq, the aids epidemic in africa being spiked by lies about condoms, the orthodox jewish and other conservative religious communities refusing to engage largely with covid restrictions leading to massive spikes in infections in the areas they live within which in turn mean lockdown etc lasts longer. 
If people want to believe that the bible isnt made up lies or the book of mormon will actually deliver them to another planet where jesus lives or that god would rather people contracted hiv than had protected sex then thats absolutely up to them more power to them. But when their views impact on how secular people live their lives then no. That religious congregations are stated by clownshoes to be the second biggest priority for easing restrictions is an absolute disgrace. Religion is an absolute cancer. 

The aids epidemic in Africa has no relevance to the point at hand and any religious group or community in the UK ignoring covid restrictions should be subject to the full force of the law.  Go wild.  Fine them, lock them up or inflict whatever punishment can be meted within law.

the point being discussed was excluding people from society because of a religious belief that bars them from being vaccinated.  That exclusion is a dangerous road to go down, especially when it is against the law.