Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Amazing how Scotland has excelled at Football and rugby without crowds. Probably mere coincidence but makes you wonder if less pressure without supporters.

The football team no longer get embarrassed at the site of drunken middle aged fannies in kilts and gelngarrys everytime the look at the stand
Would be quite off putting

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Are you not entitled To some time in school for the kids? 

Our oldest gets four days a week because we kicked up a fuss. The local council initially gave us five days. After she'd been back a day they then said she wasn't getting any - this was after we'd sent her back for a day. She thrives on routine. So we kicked up a fuss and they offered her two days. We said that wasn't enough, so we got 4. We're not entitled for the middle one and the youngest is only 1.

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Aye that's exactly what stopped us qualifying for 20 odd years !

Anyway I jinxed the rugby, as you were .

Only absolute oddballs care about rugby anyway so don't worry about it

Are we any closer to getting a route map? I’m guessing not with Leitch having Sturgeon’s ear.
It's going to be as you were on Tuesday with Bozo not making any announcement until 22nd so I fully expect it to be announced on Tuesday that our roadmap out with Schools will be at the next review on 2 March so the week after England.

Looking forward to seeing what ridiculous token measures the SG adds on to the UK's plan, in order to symbolise that they're 'taking the virus more seriously'. Leitch has already set a pretty fucking high bar with that music ban during the summer but they're nothing if not creative in dreaming up back of a fag packet nonsense. 

19 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

It's a bit of a double-edged sword tbh. On the upside there's a far better chance of landing a decent panel than pitching up at Dundee for a face to face hearing, on the downside we still all too often land one of the Dundee judges who is atrocious.  

I'm not convinced by some of the West Coast based panel's but  fortunately haven't had any Dundee based judges as I never enjoyed having to travel out of Fife to Dundee as I always seemed do poorly. Think I had better success with written submission only, maybe they didn't like the look of me! Then again I should remember not to get too dressed up!    

29 minutes ago, virginton said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56052692

It's almost as if those four months of making special exceptions for the infection factories were badly misguided!

They’ll now claim that measures are in place to ensure there is no spread in schools when they reopen and that increasing case loads aren’t caused by secondary schools. 

When in reality they’ve not been near a school in decades and have no fucking idea that it’s not practical for an entire school to socially distance when all chucked in at once. 

Future should be everyone vaccinated plus massive increase in testing and track and trace. 
Slow release of everything while this is happening. Anything else will just result in another lockdown. 
No excuses vaccination should not slow down and we need a proper test system and quick local shutdowns if required with mass testing rolling out straight away. Whatever this costs will be nothing compared to another lockdown.

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

They’ll now claim that measures are in place to ensure there is no spread in schools when they reopen and that increasing case loads aren’t caused by secondary schools. 

When in reality they’ve not been near a school in decades and have no fucking idea that it’s not practical for an entire school to socially distance when all chucked in at once. 

I've had this debate a few times with older folk I know.

"But schools should be safe, the pupils are all wearing masks and social distancing!"

When you point out that a sizeable chunk of teenagers aren't always the best at following instructions, either consciously or unconsciously, they are absolutely shocked.

9 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I've had this debate a few times with older folk I know.

"But schools should be safe, the pupils are all wearing masks and social distancing!"

When you point out that a sizeable chunk of teenagers aren't always the best at following instructions, either consciously or unconsciously, they are absolutely shocked.

When the schools reopened last year my local co-op was full of groups of what looked like 5th and 6th years, none of which were wearing masks and all walking around in groups of 4 and 5. 

Straight off the school bus, again full of school kids with no face masks and straight into the shop.