Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

His post is trolling, of the brand he normally employs. Best ignore, especially if its causing you anxiety.

Dang. I fell for it.

Getting that all off my chest felt good mind you. Think every so often I just need to let a bit of a rant out the system.

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

Dang. I fell for it.

Getting that all off my chest felt good mind you. Think every so often I just need to let a bit of a rant out the system.

Yea, Cerberus is a lazy troll I wouldn't be fussed.

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

Cheers, I won't  be coming back to receive the vaccination. I was just think of 2 options.

1. contact the practice and tell them I don't need, therefore freeing up someone else. Gid c**t

2. Selling my spot in the queue . c**t, but a bit richer.;) 

eta we will finally get the vaccine here, by waiting after the street dogs have all been done or pay, which has been whispered to be around £500

Only one thing you need my brother

28 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

As do all politicians irrespective of party.   Granted the tories are the experts in being mendacious however they're all it.

They all twist the facts to suit their own agenda or take on things.  Its been the same since time began and nothing will change that.

Its like the old sketch, when do you know a politician is lying?  Easy their lips move...

Yes given how bad ALL politicians are I’m astounded there is not more of a concerted effort to do something about it.

I'm sorry to dig up a post from a few pages back, but this really got to me.
Losing out on a holiday doesn't bother me. I couldn't afford to go anywhere this year anyway, and I don't drink. So a pint isn't an issue. People need things to look forward to though, and at the moment it feels like there is nothing positive on the horizon.
I cannot stomach the restrictions in their current (or similar) forms continuing for a great deal longer. I've been able to visit my grandparents once inside since August. My Papa is going downhill with his memory and it's brutal having to talk to him through a window from the garden (which I technically shouldn't be doing anyway because he lives in a different local authority). My Granda lives on his own but was an active member of the bowling club and played 5s with his pals once a week - as well as using the pub to meet up with old work colleagues and so on. He hasn't been able to do that since Boxing Day and now spends six days a week on his own.
I don't have a massive social circle, but I've not seen any of my pals from football or who I went to Uni with (barring the guy who I co-comm for on SonsTV) for a year. 
My week consists of working, watching TV, going on a walk and sleeping. Every single day is the same - apart from the weekends when I'm not working, so just walk, watch TV and sleep. 
I didn't mind that at first, nor did I mind when my pay was cut for a few months, nor did I mind that I've lost out on overtime that used to make me a decent amount of extra money. But the idea of carrying on with this routine; week after week after week until at least Autumn fills me with a deep feeling of dread.
A few months ago my Granda phoned me to say he felt like he was "just existing, not living". That has stuck with me.
As soon as hospital numbers drop to more acceptable measures, restrictions should be loosened. As soon as everyone over 70 or with an underlying condition has received their second dose, restrictions should be loosened. And so on.
Apologies if your post was solely about international travel and I've just gone off on one here btw. Once I started typing I just couldn't stop!
Drop this into an email and send it to your MSP and CC NS in.

Losing out on a holiday doesn't bother me. I couldn't afford to go anywhere this year anyway, and I don't drink. So a pint isn't an issue. People need things to look forward to though, and at the moment it feels like there is nothing positive on the horizon.
I cannot stomach the restrictions in their current (or similar) forms continuing for a great deal longer. I've been able to visit my grandparents once inside since August. My Papa is going downhill with his memory and it's brutal having to talk to him through a window from the garden (which I technically shouldn't be doing anyway because he lives in a different local authority). My Granda lives on his own but was an active member of the bowling club and played 5s with his pals once a week - as well as using the pub to meet up with old work colleagues and so on. He hasn't been able to do that since Boxing Day and now spends six days a week on his own.
I don't have a massive social circle, but I've not seen any of my pals from football or who I went to Uni with (barring the guy who I co-comm for on SonsTV) for a year. 
My week consists of working, watching TV, going on a walk and sleeping. Every single day is the same - apart from the weekends when I'm not working, so just walk, watch TV and sleep. 
I didn't mind that at first, nor did I mind when my pay was cut for a few months, nor did I mind that I've lost out on overtime that used to make me a decent amount of extra money. But the idea of carrying on with this routine; week after week after week until at least Autumn fills me with a deep feeling of dread.
A few months ago my Granda phoned me to say he felt like he was "just existing, not living". That has stuck with me.
As soon as hospital numbers drop to more acceptable measures, restrictions should be loosened. As soon as everyone over 70 or with an underlying condition has received their second dose, restrictions should be loosened. And so on.
Apologies if your post was solely about international travel and I've just gone off on one here btw. Once I started typing I just couldn't stop!
The current restrictions will not continue for months regardless of current mood music. I'd focus on that.

On 12/02/2021 at 10:33, Granny Danger said:

If that happens we can hopefully cut social distancing to 1.5m and open the pubs for an hour a night by May.

Maybe better make it June to be on the safe side.

To be reviewed after a fortnight.

It's this sort of thing that makes me believe that there are powerful people out there who would like lockdown to continue indefinitely. It makes any grassroots political effort completely impossible and increases the influence of TV and social media on individuals as real social interaction is banned. 

It's this sort of thing that makes me believe that there are powerful people out there who would like lockdown to continue indefinitely. It makes any grassroots political effort completely impossible and increases the influence of TV and social media on individuals as real social interaction is banned. 
A bit of Labour party infighting makes you believe in a worldwide Covid19 lockdown conspiracy. That's some leap !

On 12/02/2021 at 10:49, Burnieman said:
On 12/02/2021 at 10:29, Ron Aldo said:
Aye but have they factored in the as yet undiscovered Acapulco mutation?

Why can't Scotland not have its own mutation? The Airdrie mutation deserves to be discovered.

I thought that was discovered long ago...

2 minutes ago, Erih Shtrep said:

Sydney Devine dies of Covid.  

Showbiz legend Sydney Devine has released a new song in tribute to the NHS while he fights a serious mystery illness in hospital.

Sydney, 81, was rushed to Ayr Hospital by ambulance almost three weeks ago after falling ill at home.

He is still seriously unwell with the chest and lung condition, which doctors have been struggling to diagnose. But his family have been assured he does not have Covid.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scots-showbiz-legend-sydney-devine-23485261

New Ayrshire variant being mentioned in three...

40 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Drop this into an email and send it to your MSP and CC NS in.

Theres no point writing to SNP politicians no matter how polite you are they ignore the correspondence. 

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
21 minutes ago, Detournement said:

A bit of Labour party infighting makes you believe in a worldwide Covid19 lockdown conspiracy. That's some leap !

It's just a very illustrative example of the way that lockdowns favour the powerful over ordinary people.  

32 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Theres no point writing to SNP politicians no matter how polite you are they ignore the correspondence. 

I wrote to John Swinney ten days ago about a particular issue COVID regulations were having on my sister’s business due to a misinterpretation by the council’s environmental health people. By the following Monday his office called me back having researched the query and found some potential solutions for us. First time I’ve ever written to a politician of any hue and I was surprised they’d got back to me that quickly.

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Busiest I’ve seen our Tesco and the high street for a long time today. Still didn’t need to queue to get in though. Probably busier because I’m usually out a bit earlier for the shop I think rather than any other reason. Amount of folk standing gassing at the aisles was infuriating though when trying to get to stuff on the shelves. 

I was at ALDI last night and there must have been five or six couples Pozbairding their way around like they didn't have a care in the world.