Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Tomorrow's headline in the Sun.
Outrage as lags get jags...
Followed a quote of indignation from Kelly-Marie whose 82 year old maw still husnae hid the jag or heard fae anyone but they're getting it...
Later it will be discovered that said lady either didn't go for it or isn't actually registered with a practice.
Brian Booth (Chairman - West Yorkshire Police Federation) was harping on about this the other day - why are the police unions just full of right wing scumbags?

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
57 minutes ago, Tynierose said:
Followed a quote of indignation from Kelly-Marie whose 82 year old maw still husnae hid the jag or heard fae anyone but they're getting it...
Later it will be discovered that said lady either didn't go for it or isn't actually registered with a practice.

Brian Booth (Chairman - West Yorkshire Police Federation) was harping on about this the other day - why are the police unions just full of right wing scumbags?

Probably want all the prison staff to get Covid..  not tough enough on the scumbags the polis got locked up.  They let them watch tv and stuff.  Shocking.

1 hour ago, stuart87 said:

It’s going to seem ridiculous when we get to June and there’s hardly anyone in hospital and no one dying and no one is allowed to attend these games.

Just look at Australia, the entire state of Victoria has a total of 12 cases and they've not only suspended fans at the Tennis but they've also put the population back into a full lockdown !!!

11 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

I think the answer might be in the question...

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Just look at Australia, the entire state of Victoria has a total of 12 cases and they've not only suspended fans at the Tennis but they've also put the population back into a full lockdown !!!

They haven’t vaccinated their population.  We pretty much will have by June.  Totally different situation.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

They haven’t vaccinated their population.  We pretty much will have by June.  Totally different situation.

You think ?

Not from what I'm hearing.

18 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

As long as I can remain comatose on a sofa in front of Strictly Celebrity Factor on Ice every Saturday, I'm all for it!

That is truly remarkable. I can only assume that a large portion of the 76% would fit into the “tougher restrictions... except for me” category. I just cannot fathom 76% of the population being happy with not getting near their family for another 6+ months, and assume a lot of those saying they want the restrictions would be breaking them anyway.

I do think there are a lot of people who have absolutely bought into Project Fear from the government and media. Spoken to a few people in their mid-twenties saying that when things do open back up, they’ll give it “a few months extra” before going back anywhere “just in case” who I genuinely do really pity as it’s like they’ve been brainwashed into thinking they are at huge risk of dying by the constant negativity.

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

That is truly remarkable. I can only assume that a large portion of the 76% would fit into the “tougher restrictions... except for me” category. I just cannot fathom 76% of the population being happy with not getting near their family for another 6+ months, and assume a lot of those saying they want the restrictions would be breaking them anyway.

It's the suburban wankers driving that, social distancing until Autumn is way to far. Especially at things like funerals, we need to start being pragmatic folk might catch it yes but they have been vaccinated now let's get on with easing things up, I hope they start a measured campaign to get people the feel it's safe to move around freely I don't think an eat out to help out thing works but there needs to be something to encourage people to venture out in the late spring early summer.

It’s a pretty shit question to be fair. No real follow-up of the implications of what ‘keeping social distancing’ means - don’t visit other households, don’t meet a group of friends in the pub, don’t expect to go to weddings/funerals/family events, no cinema/theatre/football games/concerts without masking up and spacing out. The only things mentioned in the question are face masks and keeping 2m apart.

I couldn’t really care if they keep facemasks in shops. Or even to go for a piss in the pub, I don’t like it but I’ll get over it for this summer at least. Nor do I care if supermarkets still ask you keep apart from other people.

But I’ll be spitting feathers if I’m still not allowed to visit parents or friends, as a vaccinated person visiting vaccinated people. It’s fucking lunacy. So I might say I ‘support’ keeping facemasks and social distancing, but I definitely don’t support the implications of keeping social distancing.

Surely once hospitalisations and deaths are minimal, both Govts will be under immense pressure to be back to normal? I just can’t picture us all still sat happily at home whilst the NHS is under no pressure from Covid and deaths are significantly lower. 

The 76% are fucking morons. Maybe it’s just my friends/family, but I don’t know one person who can wilfully fathom another 6/7 months of this pish. 

Maybe they’re just back to using Facebook data with all those auld c***s who still have the stay home sticker in their profile picture from last March

If I’ve got this wrong then apologies, but my understanding is that the entire package of restrictions we have endured for nearly one year now - lockdowns, wash your hands, cover your face, work from home, 2m distance, the works, everything - was designed to ensure the NHS would not be driven to collapse through the sheer number of Covid cases. If the NHS collapsed, this would result in people dying from Covid, who need not have died from it. Have I got this right? It was not to try and eradicate Covid, it was to protect the NHS, and stop un-necessary excess death. It wasn’t to get cases to zero and give New Zealand a run for their money.

Another thing I think I’ve picked up over the last eleven months is that the way out of this was a vaccine. We have a vaccine. It is being rolled out as fast as possible. As more and more people are vaccinated - running alongside this, get the restrictions to fcuk. Everything. 

Anyone who thinks we should have restrictions in September or into 2022 just to be sure. Fine, stay indoors, keep wearing a mask, don’t see your family, don’t buy a concert ticket, don’t go to a football match, don’t go to a barber. Keep washing your hands and carry on just as you are right now. For as long as you fcuking like. No-one will force you to go out on the lash, hug your mates, pile into a fitba’ match and go for a curry at the weekend.

Edited by pozbaird

19 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
34 minutes ago, Left Back said:

June ???

Bad wording on my part.  The vulnerable will be vaccinated.  A good chunk of the remainder as well.  The point still stands that in June we’ll have a completely different risk profile to Australia right now (and Australia in June for that matter)

Edited by Left Back