Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, super_carson said:

4% positivity, and hospital levels under the peak from last spring. Certainly good news on that front, although I didn't catch the vaccine number.

Nearly below the pre Covid ICU capacity as well which is good.

2 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Great news and an amazing achievement considering the weather.

Frustratingly it sounds like the next couple of weeks will see a dip as the production issues from Pfizer filter through but it shows how high we can go.

Hopefully able to rest some staff next week or have shorter days, when supply is down I hope we can do something to prevent burn out

15 minutes ago, 101 said:

There are still regular flights to London which has onward connection for pretty much everywhere.

I was meaning you can still get there for funerals, the cost isn't ideal but I'm not sure the tax payer should be covering the cost either. 

I think it's far more likely that the EU will lessen restrictions as a bloc, we are no longer part of said bloc so who knows what to expect. 

They will lessen restrictions, at least in the short to medium term, by allowing people who have been vaccinated to free movement, with workarounds for those who cannot be vaccinated.

The Scottish Government, which apparently claims to be pro-EU and seeks integration back into the bloc, should therefore do the same, when that time comes. Us not being a member anymore is irrelevant once EU countries are permitting travel from Scotland/the UK.

Just now, Elixir said:

They will lessen restrictions, at least in the short to medium term, by allowing people who have been vaccinated to free movement, with workarounds for those who cannot be vaccinated.

The Scottish Government, which apparently claims to be pro-EU and seeks integration back into the bloc, should therefore do the same, when that time comes. Us not being a member anymore is irrelevant once EU countries are permitting travel from Scotland/the UK.

I don't think we should follow the EU in the removal of restrictions they have messed up the vaccine roll out and we should be domestically at least miles ahead of them.

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

Gonna be a hefty shiter when they start letting folk travel but only those who are vaccinated. 20 somethings like myself having to lock themselves in the house for a year to protect the old and infirm, then us being stuck in the UK when those same folk are away to the Dominican on their SAGA cruises.

Just now, Big Fifer said:

Gonna be a hefty shiter when they start letting folk travel but only those who are vaccinated. 20 somethings like myself having to lock themselves in the house for a year to protect the old and infirm, then us being stuck in the UK when those same folk are away to the Dominican on their SAGA cruises.

Choice between Costa del fife and a saga cruise I'm picking fife everytime. But your point is an important one none the less but they are yet to publish the plan for vaccinations for the under 50s once we see that we will have a better idea of what's to come

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

I don't think we should follow the EU in the removal of restrictions they have messed up the vaccine roll out and we should be domestically at least miles ahead of them.

I agree, but it will be a different story come summer as more vaccines are approved and manufacturing continues to increase.

2 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

True, though I am optimistic about when all Scottish/UK residents will be vaxxed.

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Fantastic input! You must be privy to when the Scottish Government will end their current insane position?

I just think that, like, you're being ridiculous, man, and going from "there's travel restrictions because of a global pandemic" to "THEY'RE LIFTING THE DRAWBRIDGE FOREVER" is a weird leap of logic.

A bit like yesterday's "but what even is the economy lol? it's a philosophical construct invented by Adam Smith" take from that Rangers fan. It's a wee bit ludicrous.