Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Some people are seem to be absolutely seething about things that haven't happened. Folk wanting to write to their MSP based on a half quote from Jason Leitch, others refusing to vote for particular parties because they're going to have us locked down until 2022, despite there being no evidence of that. Those who appear most mentally impacted seem to spend an awful lot of time looking at various social media and news sites for any covid story going. 

A  Scottish route map will be published in the not too distant future. If the one published last May or whenever it was is anything to go by, it will be fairly detailed. You may or may not like the time line. Wet your knickers then if you're not happy but the nick people are getting themselves into at speculation is a bit embarrassing. 

Edited by Am Featha Taigh Nan Clach

I see BJ has said that boosters will be needed in Autumn "to deal with variants"

I find this an extremely interesting choice of language, given that no variant to date has been shown to be resistant to the vaccine.

What is he saying here, that we will spend the next 6 months vaccinating people, just to have to do it all again? Then what, boosters in the Spring "to deal with variants" again?

Annual boosters, btw, are fine, but they need to be targetted at the most vulnerable only, and not used as a reason for maintaining restrictions until they are completed.

Edited by Todd_is_God

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I see BJ has said that boosters will be needed in Autumn "to deal with variants"

I find this an extremely interesting choice of language, given that no variant to date has been shown to be resistant to the vaccine.

What is he saying here, that we will spend the next 6 months vaccinating people, just to have to do it all again? Then what, boosters in the Spring "to deal with variants" again?

Annual boosters, btw, are fine, but they need to be targetted at the most vulnerable only, and not used as a reason for maintaining restrictions.

Confidence in the availability of a booster should be yet another on the fucking enormous pile of reasons to remove restrictions tbh. Stop filling the papers with utter bullshit about variants and let the scientists work.

38 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not always.

In the workplace you can't ridicule anyone because of their religion (or lack of religion).

I do get a bit fed up o of workplace blogs that promote diversity being handed over to the religious.

I don't really want to know about the sect you've aligned yourself with and how being a Hoverian Carmalite or whatever informs your life choices and enhances your work performance. So I won't be coming to your Zoom coffee morning, because I'm too fucking busy.

If I was Sturgeon the last thing I'd do is give out too many dates or criteria for opening things up and to what extent, that's a no win game in Scottish politics for the SNP. 

FWIW, I'm pretty confident I'll be eating and drinking out before August is finished, if it happens earlier I'll be delighted and if it happens later then I'll worry about it then, not convinced that the order of opening up will be the same as the last time. 

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

If I was Sturgeon the last thing I'd do is give out too many dates or criteria for opening things up and to what extent, that's a no win game in Scottish politics for the SNP. 

FWIW, I'm pretty confident I'll be eating and drinking out before August is finished, if it happens earlier I'll be delighted and if it happens later then I'll worry about it then, not convinced that the order of opening up will be the same as the last time. 

There's absolutely not a chance that gyms and five a-side football should be getting left behind basically every other area to reopen again this time.

I do get a bit fed up o of workplace blogs that promote diversity being handed over to the religious.
I don't really want to know about the sect you've aligned yourself with and how being a Hoverian Carmalite or whatever informs your life choices and enhances your work performance. So I won't be coming to your Zoom coffee morning, because I'm too fucking busy.
Notice that it also covers the non-religious.

8 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Why is it a no win game?  Surely it’s a chance to show true leadership.

1 minute ago, David W said:

There's absolutely not a chance that gyms and five a-side football should be getting left behind basically every other area to reopen again this time.

I don't think they will, think the house party crew might push pubs back a bit in the queue, will probably depend on how it all plays out in their election planning, it shouldn't but I'm quite sure that it will be in their considerations. 

Annual boosters, btw, are fine, but they need to be targetted at the most vulnerable only, and not used as a reason for maintaining restrictions until they are completed.
It's exactly how we tackle flu so not sure what your mewling at here. Your the very one that says we need to treat it like we do flu yet now your reversing from that position. It's wholly understandable that we will need an ongoing ever changing vaccine to maintain protection levels.

48 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Some people are seem to be absolutely seething about things that haven't happened. Folk wanting to write to their MSP based on a half quote from Jason Leitch, others refusing to vote for particular parties because they're going to have us locked down until 2022, despite there being no evidence of that. Those who appear most mentally impacted seem to spend an awful lot of time looking at various social media and news sites for any covid story going. 

A  Scottish route map will be published in the not too distant future. If the one published last May or whenever it was is anything to go by, it will be fairly detailed. You may or may not like the time line. Wet your knickers then if you're not happy but the nick people are getting themselves into at speculation is a bit embarrassing. 

The one that got binned fairly soon after it was released you mean?

Also they didn’t give a timeline then, and won’t this time.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Why is it a no win game?  Surely it’s a chance to show true leadership.

Because our MSM and opposition parties are a bunch of b*****ds.

I wouldn't give out much that they could hold me to account with. 

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
43 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's exactly how we tackle flu so not sure what your mewling at here. Your the very one that says we need to treat it like we do flu yet now your reversing from that position. It's wholly understandable that we will need an ongoing ever changing vaccine to maintain protection levels.

I'm assuming you read all my post, so i'm confused with this reply.