Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Taking everyone's critiques of removing your vote or writing a strongly worded letter as useless in the spirit it's intended and doing propaganda of the deed instead

None of the major parties have any noticeable differences on covid restrictions including labour abd the torries who as we know are in power in wales and England respectively. Actually come to think of it i think labour might actually be worse

3 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

None of the major parties have any noticeable differences on covid restrictions including labour abd the torries who as we know are in power in wales and England respectively. Actually come to think of it i think labour might actually be worse

There’s probably some obscure right-wing nut job Covid denier, anti-mask lot who will hold an alternate position.

Just a quick footnote.  Although I prefer to deal in 100% accurate numbers.  Up above i indicated a real slowing down of reduction in infection rates.  However having gathered the information I can.  I believe tomorrows update will show around a 3% drop to around 110 cases per 100K,  followed by a near 4% drop to around 106 cases per 100K.
With a following wind, (3 more days) to when I get to publish weekly stats on Monday, the day before the Lockdown Potential relaxation statement.
I believe we could be at the Sub 100 cases per 100K nationally.
Only another 50 to get to Jason's target then !

Is 50 per 100,000 the holy grail nationally that gets us out of this? I cannot get my head around how even with (seemingly) effective vaccines and reducing cases/hospital figures there’s so much caution being touted. In Grampian for example, we are a shade over 50/100,000, 6 in ICU (16 at peak, 15 first peak) & 61 in hospital (133 second peak, 99 first peak). All this coupled with us coming to the end of winter where hospitalisations should and tend to take a turn for the better in normal years. Surely there will come a point where there is enough of a lack of confidence that their hands are forced to act and ease things. 

Edited by The Woolshed

3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I'll not name any posters in particular but it's just my opinion that you can carry off the whole "Deal with it" routine with a bit of credibility only when you haven't spent the last year carpet bombing the forum with tear-stained rants.

Shitebag

2 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

Is 50 per 100,000 the holy grail nationally that gets us out of this? I cannot get my head around how even with (seemingly) effective vaccines and reducing cases/hospital figures there’s so much caution being touted. In Grampian for example, we are a shade over 50/100,000, 6 in ICU (16 at peak, 15 first peak) & 61 in hospital (133 second peak, 99 first peak). All this coupled with us coming to the end of winter where hospitalisations should and tend to take a turn for the better in normal years. Surely there will come a point where there is enough of a lack of confidence that their hands are forced to act and ease things. 

They said they were "looking at it" but it's not hard coded into anything, and there was no inclination as to what degree of relaxation it alluded to.

3 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

Is there normal winter pressure on the NHS?  Think I read that flu was down something like 95% because of social distancing.  If so this won’t be easing in the spring and suddenly emptying hospitals surely?

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Fine. But they aren't hinting at that (quite the opposite in fact) following the majority being vaccinated.

That is why people are angry.

What good does that do? Going daft on a forum day after day. Like BOJO plans COBR meetings around pie and Bovril? 
Utterly pointless whining.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Is there normal winter pressure on the NHS?  Think I read that flu was down something like 95% because of social distancing.  If so this won’t be easing in the spring and suddenly emptying hospitals surely?

Unsure but with cases dropping and the 2/3 week lag, it’s fairly easy to see that pressure will continue easing. Coupled with more vulnerable people at less risk it just seems crazy that the talk seems to be getting more and more negative around this year. 

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

What good does that do? Going daft on a forum day after day. Like BOJO plans COBR meetings around pie and Bovril? 
Utterly pointless whining.

It’s a shite talking football forum m8. Don’t think anyone thinks they’re changing the world here.  

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s a shite talking football forum m8. Don’t think anyone thinks they’re changing the world here.  

This thread is basically some kind of venting therapy for extremely frustrated people.

I include myself in that.

Edited by renton

Community testing for anyone living/working in Cowdenbeath open this week.   Interesting given how well fife as whole is doing.    NHS fife seem to be talking like this will be an ongoing thing, with more centres to open and have them moving about depending on what areas are highest prominence.
Is this part of national policy?
Been doing it in South Ayrshire for weeks. Girvan seems to be the prime target.

What? I was expecting my well thought out proposals to be brought up at the daily meetings!

Since I’m not privvy to real decision making my guess is that once thr vaccines ramp up and cases keep falling ( due to the lockdown). They have to be reasonable confident they know what’s going to happen with the A R number and B what that means for serious illness and pressure on the health service. In order to do this it’s going to have to be done in small increments where they still have overall control. I think they’re terrified about having to dail back restrictions a second time after last year’s opening up looked like it was going well for the first couple months.
It’s not really in anyone’s benefit to keep this going in the long term

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

f**k off mate. You're entire post history is whining.

The difference is you were in a position to change what you were whining about.

So it’s ok to whine about certain things because everyone else is going through it but if you’re on your own then it’s annoying.

Typical selfish mentality. I called it early on this thread, the uk is too self centred, selfish and financially ruined to deal with any emergency.

People planning for holidays during a pandemic, thousands in debt and live a life of disguising it all by drinking themselves stupid every weekend. A nation built on debt and self interest and me me me culture. What goes around comes around. 

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

So it’s ok to whine about certain things because everyone else is going through it but if you’re on your own then it’s annoying.

Typical selfish mentality. I called it early on this thread, the uk is too self centred, selfish and financially ruined to deal with any emergency.

People planning for holidays during a pandemic, thousands in debt and live a life of disguising it all by drinking themselves stupid every weekend. A nation built on debt and self interest and me me me culture. What goes around comes around. 

Oh Shut up!