Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I'm noticing a lot of folk who are now concerned about how long elderly folk are having to wait are the same folk that three months ago were wanting them locked up for half a year "to protect them" so that the pubs could open.

8 minutes ago, PWL said:

Whilst in no way wishing to defend Mr Hancock and his Government - I would suggest such punitive measures are designed to discourage people travelling in the first place as opposed to being realistic threats to those who do.  IE the Dubai instagram influencer set. 

I see why they're doing it, but it's disproportionate when measured alongside other serious offences that earn you less time at the leisure of Her Majesty. 

A more suitable punishment would be to jail Brits for perhaps six months and fine them heavily and deport non-residents and have them subsequently banned from entering the UK (maybe for 10 years) . No need to be dishing out a decade in jail, that's nuts. 

20 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I'm firmly on the side of the lawyers here.  

On an unrelated note @The Moonster was involved in planning 9/11.  In my opinion.

He couldn’t have because he’s an idiot.

(What you said is actionable, what I said isn’t apparently).

54 minutes ago, RiG said:

My folks have received a text message offering them their first vaccination at the very suspicious sounding "Vaccination Bus" that will be at their local GP surgery.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/22d760e883f641f695b8b6229cd7c1e7/tenor.gif?itemid=13335403

Edited by Gaz

If he'd posted "I didn't like the service I got" there would be no issue. The fact that he's posted they're a "scam" is quite clearly defamatory. Maybe if you don't want to get sued for calling a business a "scam" don't do it to a fucking law firm?

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Find me one company with "reviews" which doesn't have any negative / defamatory statements about them, ultimately it's your opinion based on your own experience and going by what the bloke said

He's claimed they were scam lawyers. That's getting pretty close to a statement of objective fact. If he'd just said their service was terrible, they'd have nowhere to go.

46 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Wee Willie said:
There is a local taxi firm (A&B) who are taking auld folk for their jag and waiting for them then taking them back home again.
This morning they picked me up, took me to my GP surgery then took me home again. All free of charge.
Kudos to them.
My vaccine was the AstraZeneca one and I was given a note which said that I would be
contacted by the practice to arrange my 2nd vaccination in approx. 10 weeks time.
ps. I'm 78 years auld

That is a superb gesture

It certainly is 🙂

35 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

"What you in for?"

"Murder...should be out in 8 or 9 years though......you?"

"Got a 10 year stretch........sneaked out of my hotel room one night to meet a pal"

The whole effing system is wrong..

if the judge sentences you to 10 years in jail then you should do 10 years.

A few years ago a judge sentenced a guy to 10 years for a crime which the judge said was horrific.

He should have continued and say but if you keep your nose clean you will be out in 5 years.

What's the point of the sentencing. They are mostly false.

1 minute ago, Wee Willie said:

It certainly is 🙂

The whole effing system is wrong..

if the judge sentences you to 10 years in jail then you should do 10 years.

A few years ago a judge sentenced a guy to 10 years for a crime which the judge said was horrific.

He should have continued and say but if you keep your nose clean you will be out in 5 years.

What's the point of the sentencing. They are mostly false.

Mostly because the current thinking in the criminal justice system is that punitive punishment doesn't work.  Criminal justice is geared towards rehabilitation because in the main people that go into prison will one day come out of prison.

52 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Wee Willie said:
There is a local taxi firm (A&B) who are taking auld folk for their jag and waiting for them then taking them back home again.
This morning they picked me up, took me to my GP surgery then took me home again. All free of charge.
Kudos to them.
My vaccine was the AstraZeneca one and I was given a note which said that I would be
contacted by the practice to arrange my 2nd vaccination in approx. 10 weeks time.
ps. I'm 78 years auld

That is a superb gesture

Mob round our way doing the same. My mate taxis for them.

Plastering it all over Facebook constantly, offering free fares as well to every 100th customer as long as they take a selfie and stick it on their fb page. 

Anyway, the woman that runs the taxi firm is a lockdown sceptic, and hasn't yet realised that bragging about how much you're doing for the old yins for their vaccines seems pretty pointless when your personal public fb page has posts of you and your mates having cocktail nights in throughout lockdown. 

A weaker man than me would have grassed her by now. 

44 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Any journalist reading, feel free to ask Nicola when I'm getting my vaccine cause I've still no heard anything 😭

I phoned the number yesterday cos I don't have my letter either. They gave me my app (which is next Wed) and said I should get my letter imminently. 

Depending on which nhs region you're in there's a number to call. 

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/invitations-and-appointments/rearrange-or-opt-out-of-your-coronavirus-vaccination-appointment

Screenshot_20210209-143020_Chrome.jpg

Edited by madwullie