Coronavirus (COVID-19)

That's the UK Global Health Insurance card arrived this morning with a huge union flag in the background of it, actually all they're missing is the bulldug to complete the narrative.

Other than that, it's almost identical to the EHIC and expires Jan 2026.

That's the UK Global Health Insurance card arrived this morning with a huge union flag in the background of it, actually all they're missing is the bulldug to complete the narrative.
Other than that, it's almost identical to the EHIC and expires Jan 2026.
Probably expire before borders are fully reopened !!!

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

NS is talking about a slow down in supply coming

Prestwick vaccinations moved to Ayr Citadel, apparently due to Phizer use instead of AZ, don't know the reason. 

8 minutes ago, Paco said:

61,300 vaccines done yesterday!

Shit the bed.

That is an absolutely outstanding effort. Jesus Christ. Granted numbers might drop a wee bit this week because of the snow, but if we can be doing 60k+ a day throughout February and March then we'll be flying. 

Good to see the number of people in hospital dropping a fair bit too, even if the positivity rate remains a bit higher than I'd hoped.

It'll be a complete heads gone from me if the lazy vaccinators are not working on Feb 29th and all the way through Smarch.

I'll have no option but to vote Tory in May.
This lousy Smarch weather might see the numbers drop for a few days.

20 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

Incredible number. The snow is really bad today so might affect it but that’s some start to the week

Snow much worse in the north of Scotland yesterday and we still got fantastic numbers so no great evidence that it is putting too many people off

I only wish that they did 40,000 yesterday and saved the 21,000 for Sunday....these GP's etc are getting far too much time to laze about....c'mon do all the jags on a Sunday !!

ONS surveys have shown that 92% of adults in the UK would take the COVID vaccine.  In the over 70s the acceptance rate is 99% in this survey.  Very high acceptance rate in the 50-79 age group as well.

Very encouraging.

24 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That is an absolutely outstanding effort. Jesus Christ. Granted numbers might drop a wee bit this week because of the snow, but if we can be doing 60k+ a day throughout February and March then we'll be flying. 

Not likely as once the over-70s are pretty much complete (Feb 15), they say they'll have to start  conserving supplies as they need to also focus on delivering second doses. They have already started for the people who were vaccinated in December, but there's more and more people being vaccinated, so they'll all need their second doses too.

Supplies will also dip for a spell (partly due to the temp Pfizer factory closure but AstraZeneca supply was also due to drop for a period in Feb before ramping up again in March & this is UK wide), but they say that they're still on track to vaccinate all the priority groups by May (depending on supplies).

Edited by s_dog

Assuming supplies keep up, it should only keep going up - albeit they need to slow down first doses soon for the 2nd doses but I know that Ravenscraig, which was on the mass centre list released, is coming online from Monday.

I imagine, supply permitting and more of these sites coming on, we must be going to get close to 80k per day shortly.

Assuming supplies keep up, it should only keep going up - albeit they need to slow down first doses soon for the 2nd doses but I know that Ravenscraig, which was on the mass centre list released, is coming online from Monday.

I imagine, supply permitting and more of these sites coming on, we must be going to get close to 80k per day shortly.

Unfortunately I’m not sure supply will support even 60k a day for too much longer and based on delivery schedules we may well struggle to ever get back to it. This strikes me as the probable high point, helped partially by unused stock from a week or two ago. Sturgeon warning of poorer supply corresponds with the now deleted document, deliveries for the next fortnight were always scheduled to be well down. That’ll have an impact.

Nonetheless, it’s magnificent to see and clearly we have the capacity to get back to 50-60k a day easily, and probably much higher, if deliveries allow. That’s about all we can ask of the government.

This is pretty off topic, however we were discussing yesterday about civil liberties and freedom of speech and I find this ruling to be absolutely terrifying.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that people should just stop using all social media, giving their honest opinion or posting anything that can be used to screw them over at a later date, even if it's by no means outrageous. Of course the fact I'm typing this on an internet forum does have a certain irony......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55981600