Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

I thought this was a place for posting opinions, not a contest. Weird.

To post your opinion once is acceptable.

To continue to post the same opinion regardless of negative feedback is decidedly lacking in self awareness.

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Interesting 

Not ideal that the lockdown in Israel isn't set to end for another few days and schools haven't even gone back. Could really do with Israel really going for it so we know what the level of infection and hospitalisations we can expect in a vaccinated full open society. 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/health-ministry-expected-to-seek-week-long-lockdown-extension-as-virus-rages-on/

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Interesting 

This guy has been literally miles out for most of the last 12 months TBF 

Not discounting what he's saying here as I've not properly read it, but if he told me my username on P&B was madwullie I'd definitely check a few times just in case. 

Edited by madwullie

4 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Well I look forward to all the free speech warriors rallying round this man the same way they did Count Dankula or whichever multi-millionaire that Tumblr teens have cancelled

What, like this?

39034882-9237235-image-a-45_1612805132032.jpg

41 minutes ago, madwullie said:

This guy has been literally miles out for most of the last 12 months TBF 

Not discounting what he's saying here as I've not properly read it, but if he told me my username on P&B was madwullie I'd definitely check a few times just in case. 

Yeah, he's been a covid denier, an anti-masker and now he seems to have gone full on anti-vax. (probably one of the most sensible corona-coaster theory journeys tbh (sensible as in it makes sense why someone could go through all those moonhowling viewpoints in the last year one by one)) 

Actually quite interesting from a sociological viewpoint the wild and varied groups people have had to try to attach themselves to to justify their viewpoints throughout the last 12 months. 

Even on here we've had lockdown "sceptics" and it's just the flu-ers who've now had to become full on champions of big pharma, flag waving tories clutching Princess Diana dolls, and many people (not so much on here but they're out there in the Internet jungle) who were full on lockdown supporters are starting to flirt with anti-vax influencers. Obvs plenty of shift amongst those groups too. 

All because they can't bring themselves to admit that some arbitrary position they took in August last year might be wrong. The Internet is fucking mental. 

Bit like proper free the weed hippies pivoting into full on trumpers through being poisoned by Q-Anon. 

Edited by madwullie

4 hours ago, super_carson said:

All joking aside, whatever was said may well have been in poor taste but I can't imagine a situation whereby it was bordering on anything approaching hate-speech.  Charging folk for saying or cracking jokes that are in bad taste is an extremely worrying trend.  

It would certainly make The Dead Pool thread boring...

I think I'd better just hand myself in now...

34 minutes ago, 101 said:

Not ideal that the lockdown in Israel isn't set to end for another few days and schools haven't even gone back. Could really do with Israel really going for it so we know what the level of infection and hospitalisations we can expect in a vaccinated full open society. 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/health-ministry-expected-to-seek-week-long-lockdown-extension-as-virus-rages-on/

Couple of interesting points in that article

First that they had given people who were vaccinated a bye from having to quarantine, but they've decided to stop that for now. Just, it seems, because the transmission rate in general is so high its better to be on the safe side, although they do think it stops transmission. 

Also that (as image) illness rates have risen in children recently and they attribute it to the good old UK strain 🇬🇧. There was a lot of noise about that possibility when the strain was first discovered (and I felt at the time contributed to the decision to finally close the schools). Not heard much about it since then - surely we must have data on that by now - I'd assumed that NS' decsion (and Wales) to open the school had meant that this has not turned to be as much of a problem as it was thought it might be. Anyone seen anything about that? 

20210208_224933.jpg

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

To post your opinion once is acceptable.

To continue to post the same opinion regardless of negative feedback is decidedly lacking in self awareness.

It's called debating an issue on an internet forum.  Seriously weird behaviour that people think it's some kind of contest with winners and losers.

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

It's called debating an issue on an internet forum.  Seriously weird behaviour that people think it's some kind of contest with winners and losers.

The only one talking about a contest and winners and losers is you.

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

The only one talking about a contest and winners and losers is you.

You're implying it.  So what if there was "negative feedback" of my opinion, been there done that and bought the hat. Chill out.

Just now, Burnieman said:

You're implying it.  So what if there was "negative feedback" of my opinion, been there done that and bought the hat. Chill out.

No I'm not.

Take your own advice.