Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, charger29 said:

So that's Belgium, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Sweden and Poland all recommending not to give the Aztrazeneca vaccine to the over 55/65s due to a lack of data.
What was the reason for not including more people aged 65+ in the trials? Given that's where the vast majority of the deaths are coming from and the main aim is presumably to stop deaths it sees rather silly to only have 10% of trial participants above that age (and that's being very kind).

The EU won't be needing all those AZ vaccines, then... 

Seems like there was an oversight on the trial and that's about it. They had 1 case in the control group and 1 case in the vaccinated group, so the data doesnt say much. 

26 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Ha I'm doing Saturday again to help out, incidentally we all received an email earlier asking for more availability due to increased requirements follwing changed SG guidelines.  I presume that change is to ramp up the numbers which is good.

This is going to pay for my new bathroom, the covid suite.

Do you know what the story with administering the AZ vaccine is? Is it the same as Pfizer etc. where you talk folk through it, give them the shot then monitor them for anaphylaxis, or is it a bit quicker than that?

On 02/02/2021 at 14:30, superbigal said:

Todays Headlines   The current Lockdown will remain for another minimum 4 weeks. 

The real headline.  Glasgow drops below 200 level.  Now down to one  council  over 200 that being North Lanarkshire. 

In Infection News and cases per 100K over the most up to date 7 days.

England 294.2 to 281.9 down 4.18%,  Wales 153.0 to 142.4 down 6.93%, Northern Ireland 225.5 to 212.8 down 5.71% All nations now below where Scotland peaked.  Looks like the Welsh will surge past us in next few days.  We really seem to have "stalled our" progress compared to other home nations.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan    

Yesterdays figure 24th Jan to 30th Jan was 133.5

Todays figure for 25th Jan to 31st Jan is 132.9   Another  single Day drop of 0.60%. Infections have dropped every day (now TWENTY SEVEN days in a row) since the aforementioned peak.  Total drop is now 55.98%

Council 24 hour progress below

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

North Lanarkshire  213.0 to  216.5   Not great when your worst area has any daily rise

Glasgow City 205.2 to 199.3  Another through the 200 barrier

South Lanarkshire  194.1 to 189.1

North Ayrshire 187.0 to 183.3

West Dunbartonshire 170.9 to 175.4

Falkirk   164.7 to 174.0    

East Renfrewshire  172.7 to 172.7  

Renfrewshire 173.1 to 172.5

East Dunbartonshire  169.4 to 169.4

East Ayrshire 162.3 to 166.4

Clackmannanshire  159.1 to 153.3 

Inverclyde 145.2 to 147.8

Stirling   130.6 to  142.2 

West Lothian  140.4 to  142.0  

Dumfries & Galloway 136.4 to 131.0  

South Ayrshire  128.8 to 129.7

Dundee City 110.5 to 123.9  Unfortunately kicked off a little again.  Fintry Shams and Kirkton Hu ns probably been battling.

Midlothian   112.5 to 114.6 

Perth & Kinross   115.8 to 113.2  

Angus 129.9 to 110.2   Down a great 15% Lose Forfar and in real good shape.

Moray   91.8 to 89.8

Argyll & Bute  73.4 to 85.0

Scottish  Borders  77.9 to 83.1

Fife  83.5 to  82.7  

Aberdeen City  79.6 to 75.7

Western Isles  74.9 to 74.9

East Lothian 70.0 to  74.7 

City Of Edinburgh   70.1 to 70.7 

Aberdeenshire  71.2 to 68.9  

Highlands 69.5 to 66.1 

Orkney Island  22.5 to 18.0 

Shetland Islands  4.4 to  4.4  Dave the Crofter will be personally responsible if this rises from 1 case. Lockdown.

Edited by superbigal

The drop in cases per 100k seem to have plateaued which is a shame. With the restrictions we're under is this a sign that people have just got fed up and chucked it? Not having a go if that's the case but we were making good progress until this week.

15 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Exactly

I do the same for Scotland games but do leave it late, but its just me and a mate 

Big groups need a lot of planning , we sold most of our 2021 rooms in 2020 and all the requests just now are for 2022 and 2023 (a few for Christmas this year)

Been lucky I only book things a few months in advance, usually go to a different place year on year too.

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

There was a reference to the good news about the AZ vaccine impact on transmission too, just for the folk who believe she is always deliberately doom and gloom to control us.

There was indeed a fleeting mention.

Alongside a few mentions of "we don't know about transmission yet"

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Clap for Tom tonight at 6 according to Herr Keunsberg.

I'll be flying this as a mark of respect.

Barbados Flag GIF | All Waving Flags

#youcanbemyhero

The trident the Devil used to pierce Sir Captain Colonel Tom's soul just happens to be on the flag of Barbados. Pure poetry.

GP staff would be underutilised? 

7 days a week is fine if we are rotating staff.

With GP practices doing their normal work during the week, there is a real,danger of burn out if you expect them to work every weekend as well.

Luckily, as we move down the age bracket, they will be less needed (although will have to do the same again for the second jags)

Id heard rumours but as you know they tend to "shut up shop" Do you know if all the companies are still sticking to the 3 days in a hotel with a negative test afore you fly?I know we do 

Total policy is 48 hours in the hotel. Shell aren’t bothering a f**k, my mate gets a temperature check at CHC and that’s it.

10 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Total policy is 48 hours in the hotel. Shell aren’t bothering a f**k, my mate gets a temperature check at CHC and that’s it.

Mental that theres more checks/measures in west africa than there is in the developed world