Coronavirus (COVID-19)

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Janssen are Belgian so will almost certainly favour EU distribution. 

It's due to go into mass production by late February. 

All the initial supplies of AZ and Pfizer came from Belgium too, hopefully AZ are fully up and running in Wrexham by now. Janssen is fully owned by Johnson and Johnson, so America will likely get first dibs on any uncontracted supply. 

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Don’t we have a load of Jansen on order?  Not seen anthing about J&J but remember something similar on the list.

Not sure about the UK's numbers tbh.

I forgot about Curevac - that's actually the third biggest EU contract. Developed in association with Bayer. Both are German companies.

The EU is every bit as protectionist as any country.

32 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

This is the journalistic equivalent of 'Am no a VL a got aff wae a lassie at ma grans bit, you wouldny know her'. 

Genuinely should be illegal for c***s to spew stuff like that without proper sources etc., that'll go along the grapevine regardless of whether it's true or not and put the fear of god into pensioners getting their AZ jab. Pathetic stuff from this German mob.

13 minutes ago, G51 said:

True. I think the EU are already pretty heavy into that one - I think it's the fourth biggest contract behind Pfizer, AZ and Sanofi (lol).

The EU bought almost none of the Moderna vaccine.

See this well loved meme? 

shakeee.jpg.bfda3986a4219f2a6efa7392cde8dac6.jpg

GSK and Sanofi are the polar opposite of that. 

Imagine two wee weasley slimy withered hands in a limp pathetic wet flannel of a handshake. That's the very embodiment of a GSK and Sanofi collaboration. A pair of complete and utter basketcases that are run behind a wall of scripted responses. Two companies that embody embracing automation whilst not actually understanding it and leaving a company chock full of semi trained incompetents. At least in the office level. 

The day I heard they were in the race I knew it was fucking pie in the sky. Both belong in the bin. 

Edited by djchapsticks

5 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Don’t we have a load of Jansen on order?  Not seen anthing about J&J but remember something similar on the list.

Janssen is J&J. 

Same company, Janssen make the medicines, J&J are all about the baby oil. 

I like Janssen, easy to deal with.  I wish their vaccine effort well! :lol:

5 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Genuinely should be illegal for c***s to spew stuff like that without proper sources etc., that'll go along the grapevine regardless of whether it's true or not and put the fear of god into pensioners getting their AZ jab. Pathetic stuff from this German mob.

Being reported all across Europe tonight. Everyone repeating it word for word.

They need to have some data to back this up. Undermining the entire vaccination effort.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Being reported all across Europe tonight. Everyone repeating it word for word.

They need to have some data to back this up. Undermining the entire vaccination effort.

Well if they don’t want it then it’s more for us to get the UK vaccinated quicker.

45 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Interesting that there doesn't appear to be a single medical source in Germany pushing that the vaccine has 8% efficacy in the elderly. All signs so far point to this being a policitally led claim. 

Boy from the FT saying one story is that 8% of the people in the trial were over 65.

Sounds like somebody has got their wires crossed. 

All the initial supplies of AZ and Pfizer came from Belgium too, hopefully AZ are fully up and running in Wrexham by now. Janssen is fully owned by Johnson and Johnson, so America will likely get first dibs on any uncontracted supply. 
Wockhardt in Wrexham is essentially a bottling plant. They make it at various manufacturing plants around Britain and it's taken there in bulk for packing into individual doses. It's been running on two 'fills' per week for a while which could be up to a million doses each depending on which manufacturer it's coming from.

The telegraph now reporting that the EU will block Pfizer from exporting to make up for the shortfall from AZ and at best future supplies will be severely delayed.

Again, I expect it's nonsense, especially as its the telegraph reporting an anti EU story, but if it came to fruition could have a major impact on the vaccine strategy.