Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

AZ say the reports of 8% efficacy among over 65s are completely incorrect.

Interesting that there doesn't appear to be a single medical source in Germany pushing that the vaccine has 8% efficacy in the elderly. All signs so far point to this being a policitally led claim. 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Interesting that there doesn't appear to be a single medical source in Germany pushing that the vaccine has 8% efficacy in the elderly. All signs so far point to this being a policitally led claim. 

The German CMO was in the press last week praising the effectiveness of the AZ vaccine.

Because journalists are so incredibly irresponsible these days and just report any old shit some c**t tells them, it's good to have a healthy skepticism about anything you see published by a paper that's based on "an unnamed government source".

Let's wait and see how this plays out. The MHRA in the UK have called every big decision right so far, so I'm inclined to believe that it's highly unlikely they wouldn't have noticed that a vaccine is only 8% efficient in the people it's designed to protect.

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It looks a lot like the old Laura K annoynmous briefings that were all clearly made by Dominic Cummings. 

Very disappointing to see such nonsense being disseminated from Germany if it is indeed a load of shite. Why people can't realise the damage that lies like this do is beyond me - we all know there are problems with anti-vaxxers, and this sort of thing feeds them. 

Edited by Michael W

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

If it’s that shit don’t administer it.  There are no guarantees when you pre-order so pay up anyway Helmut.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

I’m not up to date with all the vaccines on the go.  Do the French and Germans actually have any in development?

Sanofi, but it's miles away. Hasn't even done a Phase II study yet.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I’m not up to date with all the vaccines on the go.  Do the French and Germans actually have any in development?

The Pfizer one was developed in conjunction with Bio Tech, a German company. 

Sanofi were developing one with GSK but I think they've gone back to the drawing board as the early results were not good. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

The Pfizer one was developed in conjunction with Bio Tech, a German company. 

Sanofi were developing one with GSK but I think they've gone back to the drawing board as the early results were not good. 

GSK! :lol:

If GSK tell you something is coming in a month, expect it in 9.

Easily my biggest bugbear at my work. And I only deal with their R&D facilties. Their vaccines division is a complete and utter shitshow all of its own. I don't even deal with them and was on phone today to them trying to get them to give us someone in their vaccine facility to get on the phone and they just plead ignorance. 

Horror show of a company. 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Janssen are Belgian so will almost certainly favour EU distribution. 

It's due to go into mass production by late February. 

True. I think the EU are already pretty heavy into that one - I think it's the fourth biggest contract behind Pfizer, AZ and Sanofi (lol).

The EU bought almost none of the Moderna vaccine.

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

True. I think the EU are already pretty heavy into that one - I think it's the fourth biggest contract behind Pfizer, AZ and Sanofi (lol).

The EU bought almost none of the Moderna vaccine.

Don’t we have a load of Jansen on order?  Not seen anthing about J&J but remember something similar on the list.