Pick 104 family members to die before you can get your pint 🤬🤬🤬

lol what

did you miss the bit where it said "none of the 20 were serious cases"

the 20 people didn't even get a fever.

edit: actually i've fallen for a bit, haven't i

Edited by G51

24 minutes ago, G51 said:

This is incredible.

We need to do all we can to get people a shot in the arm and end this nightmare for good.

Are the Israeli's going to vaccinate the Palestinians once all their "proper" citizens are done?

Just now, G51 said:

I have no idea what the apartheid state will do.

As scientists are not quite sure how long immunity will last it would seem (to me anyway) to be in the Israelis best interests to do so.

2 hours ago, EH75 said:

People were saying that months ago. UK public are shitebags. When was the last time there was large scale public unrest in this country? 

The things that get people agitated is statues, you would genuinely have a bigger protest if Winston Churchill's statue was taken in at night than you would if a curfew was set.

11 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

It’s in their interests the help them but can’t help but think they will use it as a weapon in a way.

I don't think the Palestinians wanted the Israelis to Jag them which is understandable.

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

Playing devils advocate here.

You can’t have a medical representative (giving advice the government are allegedly taking onboard) stand up and contradict what the government actually do.  Public health isn’t the only concern governments have to deal with.

if the public see the government ignoring medical advice then they’ll also ignore the medical advice.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1351608099942100996

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-jenny-harries-criticised-for-patronising-remark-about-exemplar-preparedness-11975652

Edited by dirty dingus

22 minutes ago, Paco said:

This is absolutely magnificent.

Seriously - the best news we’ve had since March of last year. Even better than the vaccines being announced. Better than Trump losing the election. Better than Raith beating Hearts on Saturday.

If that carries on we’ll be out of the worst of this by spring. All of it by autumn.

Assuming the Astrazeneca vaccine works like the Pfizer one.

20 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Not surprised the Red Cross or red crescent should do it,.

Problem will be is they be behind every single Government when it comes to procuring them, Israel should buy them for a charity to collect and distribute but I doubt they will.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
9 minutes ago, bendan said:
Assuming the Astrazeneca vaccine works like the Pfizer one.

Bear in mind though, we are doling out millions of Pfizer, millions of Moderna and various others yet to be approved on order. We aren't totally reliant on AZ.

Yes, it's going to be interesting to see how they all work in real life. 

It's always nice to have someone to look down on, though, isn't it?
To elect successive Governments who treat the socially and economically disadvantaged like animals is one thing. To then act surprised when they react like animals* is , frankly, reprehensible.
Unless we have some Landed Gentry among us (which I doubt), every single poster on here has more in common with the jakey begging next to the ATM than they will ever have to the cúnts running the country.
* By which I mean, for the vast, vast majority of your bogeyman "underclass", simply trying to survive in a society that has not only abandoned them, but blames them for the slightest inconvenience in the lives of those lucky enough not to be in their position.
Always baffles me people referring to "vermin", "scum", "tinks" etc being in the same places as they are. What does that make you then if you're in exactly the same place?

Just to address the similar point in these posts (and because i hate to see marshmallo baffled any more than he normal is) ...

I try hard not to judge folk, and certainly don't think I'm better than the average punter.

But if you're going to pretend that there's not an element of scummery in our society then i honestly don't know how to respond.

f**k knows where you're living. I live in Dundee, a city with huge problems of deprivation. I don't live in one of the wealthy pockets of the city, and therefore encounter these folk from time to time (usually at the chemist or the shops - but also through work).

The problems facing these families are numerous and complex, and can only be solved by a massive increase in government funding (something that i support but that all main parties run away from) - but as far as i can see their actions during this pandemic are part of the problem with community transmission.

4 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

So, as it stands, many violent and sexual offences arent punished with jail time but you are advocating a stint in the pokey for those who break social distancing?

Very. Good.

No, that's not what I said. 

I said "blatant and repeat offenders" such as those hosting huge house parties who just laugh in the face of the rules and decide that they don't need to abide by the rules. They've been warned on numerous occasions but don't care as they know that a couple of hundred quid fine means nothing.

So Yes, a criminal record is the least they should get.

To use your own analogy, we give people criminal records for facebook posts and name calling which in my book is a much less serious offence than potentially killing people.

4 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

What complete lawlessness are you talking about?! 

Jails are already overcrowded. Completely unnecessarily jailing people further adds to this. 

Jailing people, causing them to lose their home, income etc, simply adds to a cycle that increases the chances of someone returning there. Utterly pointless. 

We need some sort of deterrent. maybe a public flogging or caning is the answer or even a community payback order, but something needs done or people just ignore the rules as many are now doing.

Reports in Germany that they will only approve AZ vaccine for under 65s as the data apparently shows only 8(eight)% efficacy in the older age groups.

Surely that can't be right, it would surely have came out over here before now if that were the case?