Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Steven W said:

I know what you're saying. But a copycat riot type thing can't be far off. (Granted, rioting is more of a summer sport)

Who is going to do this rioting? There are Covid deniers and lockdown sceptic protests all the time and hardly anyone goes to them. They happened all through the summer, yet it was BLM v the statue shaggers that was the big draw for the rioters.  I just don't think there is the strength of feeling out there that a few posters on here think there is. Most people just have a bit of a moan and get on with it.

9 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Britain is a country of subservient, doff-your-cap, bootlicking, craven lickspittles. If someone in a suit with a posh voice tells them to do something, they'll do it.

Case in point:

image.png.29c2a772632a133ecc4e1bf228ea3345.png

Baby P = A guy having his dinner with his son.

Dr. Matt would most certainly have given Jewish people away with nary a second thought.

Edit 

And to be fair - the c**t complaining about it is a massive, massive tory. Of course he is, check that twitter handle out.

Leopards eating faces party, etc. But still that level of logic in your bootlicking and the justification for grassing someone in for eating dinner with their son is absolutely terrifying.

Edited by djchapsticks

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah, going by his Twitter name, he’s a c**t.

Oh, he's absolutely a c**t. Someone I follow liked the tweet and I had a squint, and as I usually do out of habit, had a quick look at his timeline. Plenty of anti SNP and Labour rhetoric, nothing on the Tories.

There are no goodies in this story but it makes me massively uncomfortable to think we're at a stage that so many people think it's morally or socially acceptable to actually shop someone in for having a single visitor in their home. A chap at the door and a quiet 'just watch what you're doing' would suffice if you really insist that you MUST be an interfering fucker. 

Folk in the UK are so subservient to authority that it's genuinely unsettling. I'll never understand those who see this sort of behaviour as 'normal' and 'just doing my bit'.

Edited by djchapsticks

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Case in point:

Dr. Matt would most certainly have given Jewish people away with nary a second thought.

Edit 

And to be fair - the c**t complaining about it is a massive, massive tory. Of course he is, check that twitter handle out.

Leopards eating faces party, etc. But still that level of logic in your bootlicking and the justification for grassing someone in for eating dinner with their son is absolutely terrifying.

These are the same types of people who would have shopped neighbours for sheltering Jews from the Nazis.

Edited by Elixir

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Oh, he's absolutely a c**t. Someone I follow liked the tweet and I had a squint, and as I usually do out of habit, had a quick look at his timeline. Plenty of anti SNP and Labour rhetoric, nothing on the Tories.

There are no goodies in this story but it makes me massively uncomfortable to think we're at a stage that so many people think it's morally or socially acceptable to actually shop someone in for having a single visitor in their home. A chap at the door and a quiet 'just watch what you're doing' would suffice if you really insist that you MUST be an interfering fucker. 

Folk in the UK are so subservient to authority that it's genuinely unsettling. I'll never understand those who see this sort of behaviour as 'normal' and 'just doing my bit'.

Was quite interested to hear the boys in blue turned up at a house in Ayrshire and told the 8 or 10 getting bladdered to go home, no drama or hanging around, just a few words then offski. 

2 hours ago, EH75 said:

People were saying that months ago. UK public are shitebags. When was the last time there was large scale public unrest in this country? 

Fleg protests in Belfast maybe, but guess NI is a special case where state authority  is generally viewed with a healthy degree of skepticism. The moment you question all the over the top nanny state stuff there will be someone along telling us that Sweden got it disastrously wrong even though in reality their per capita cumulative mortality rate is probably still lower than the UK's quicker than you can say Sven Goran Eriksson. Somebody with a posh accent said it on the telly so it must be true.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

10 months on from the first lockdown started and we’re being told that ways to speed up vaccination roll out are “being looked at”. What a riot.

In their defence they need to go through due process. As we are aware, The Guys have to Take A Look at the very least.

11 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Fleg protests in Belfast maybe, but guess NI is a special case where state authority  is generally viewed with a healthy degree of skepticism. The moment you question all the over the top nanny state stuff there will be someone along telling us that Sweden got it disastrously wrong even though in reality their per capita cumulative mortality rate is probably still lower than the UK's quicker than you can say Sven Goran Eriksson. Somebody with a posh accent said it on the telly so it must be true.

In Scotland we had to wait till the English got hit by the Poll Tax before folk ran out in front of police horses etc. Not that I'm recommending it in this case.

39 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Case in point:

It's not that nobody reported Baby P's injuries, the authorities took the decision not to permanently remove him from the home where he was being beaten and abused.

Just now, ICTChris said:

It's not that nobody reported Baby P's injuries, the authorities took the decision not to permanently remove him from the home where he was being beaten and abused.

Compounded by the fact that the Doctor (Just like the good Doctor Matthew in question) failed to notice that the child had a broken back upon examination.