Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

10 months on from the first lockdown started and we’re being told that ways to speed up vaccination roll out are “being looked at”. What a riot.

I'm confused. Either the plan is in place or it isn't.

10 months on from the first lockdown started and we’re being told that ways to speed up vaccination roll out are “being looked at”. What a riot.
I'm not quite in the heads gone camp with regards to vaccine numbers yet but it does make you wonder what they've been doing for the past 10 months. It's not as if the vaccine came completely out of the blue.

6 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Jenny harries is a sleekit lying fucker

She's a c**t, I remember at the time she said we shouldn't close the borders she was a stooge then and still one now. It  wasn't a public  health choice but a government decision she was pushing.

Why the f**k is he spouting better together nonsense?

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:
30 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I'm not quite in the heads gone camp with regards to vaccine numbers yet but it does make you wonder what they've been doing for the past 10 months. It's not as if the vaccine came completely out of the blue.

Obvious what they’ve been doing.  Focusing on independence and brexit.

Just now, dirty dingus said:

She's a c**t, I remember at the time she said we shouldn't close the borders she was a stooge then and still one now. It  wasn't a public  health choice but a government decision she was pushing.

She said you should only close borders and test and trace when the numbers are lower but never did anything when they were and said large crowds and facemasks didn't make any difference.

She's a mouthpiece for the tories.

40 minutes ago, Left Back said:

When did Hancock get out of isolation?  Doesn’t seem like 10 days ago he had to isolate.

ETA 6 days ago from what I can make out.

It’s 10 days since when you had your close contact with the person who tested positive.  I know someone who was told to self-isolate for the remainder of the day!

11 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Playing devils advocate here.

You can’t have a medical representative (giving advice the government are allegedly taking onboard) stand up and contradict what the government actually do.  Public health isn’t the only concern governments have to deal with.

if the public see the government ignoring medical advice then they’ll also ignore the medical advice.

12 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

She said you should only close borders and test and trace when the numbers are lower but never did anything when they were and said large crowds and facemasks didn't make any difference.

She's a mouthpiece for the tories.

It's pretty much what all of SAGE and clownshoe Leitch were saying until they shat the bed.

3 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

what we call poverty in this country is simply not having the disposable income that the majority of people do, absolute poverty where your income is not enough to cover the most basic essentials , food, clothing, electricity /gas, communications , shelter & tax  ( the last 2 are most often waived by means of benefits and credit in cases where the persons situation warrents applying for help) is very rare in the uk, it does exist but it is not as widespread as people make out.

There are a number of factors why someone might slip through the cracks and fall from standard first world poverty to genuinely struggling to feed themselves and keep the lights on, the most common of which is when people with severe vulnerabilities are treated as tho they are any other person and just need to pull their socks up when they are in fact not capable of handling budgets and responsabilitys

On paper the uk welfare system should make absolute poverty non existant , but it needs to be properly managed

This is just nonsense.

13 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It’s 10 days since when you had your close contact with the person who tested positive.  I know someone who was told to self-isolate for the remainder of the day!

Yep I was told to isolate for a day just after Christmas.

That's the first elderly family member to be booked in for their jag this coming weekend.

Forgot to ask if it was in a blue envelope or not.

Anyway, hopefully that's the care homes more or less finished? Anyone got the latest figures on that?

1 hour ago, EH75 said:

People were saying that months ago. UK public are shitebags. When was the last time there was large scale public unrest in this country? 

I know what you're saying. But a copycat riot type thing can't be far off. (Granted, rioting is more of a summer sport)

4 minutes ago, Steven W said:

I know what you're saying. But a copycat riot type thing can't be far off. (Granted, rioting is more of a summer sport)

Definitely no riots. A mass grumbling event probably which will lead to have the folk in the mass grumble complain to the polis because 'there are too many folk here and they're no social distancing'.

8 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Britain is a country of subservient, doff-your-cap, bootlicking, craven lickspittles. If someone in a suit with a posh voice tells them to do something, they'll do it.