Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's amazing. Even when confronted with black and white facts, cult members just cannot bring themselves to acknowlege SG failings.

Beyond the setting up and logistics of storing the vaccines what is the SGs role? NHS are jabbing folk and the UK are procuring the supply. If the ground work is there then Freeman has done her job I think the issue now lies with the different NHS boards are seem to be doing their own thing. Fife seem to be well organised which is good to see after their poor handling of the flu vaccine roll out. I agree Freeman should have the CE of the NHS boards on a short leash she has to take action before the numbers slip any more.

My neighbour had his first on Wednesday he's 83 and was done at the local GP surgery which is said was efficient but the woman jabbing him said they were running low. If it's a problem getting them from Scottish hubs to their destination then that needs sorted ASAP if England are re-prioritising other areas of England, as they have form for, then it will be the end of the union.

It's pish like this that result in people getting called out.  Are you suggesting for one minute that the problem lies outside of Scotland?  How come Wales and Ireland are managing to vaccinate more than Scotland?
There is absolutely no evidence that this is anything other than our own incompetence.
No.

I am saying that if the deadline is not met it will either be down to the Scottish Government not administering the 560,000 vaccines given or that they haven't been given 560,000 in time. The same would be true for later deadlines.

However, I am somewhat suspicious when I see news stories in England where vaccines allocated for one area have been diverted to another area.

We've seen enough bullshit from Hancock et al to know that they don't always tell the truth - remember when they told us they'd meet their testing target - only to discover that they had included mailed tests that hadn't been returned. Then they told us we would have 10 million Pfizer vaccines by the end of January - only for it to be put down to 2 million.

We then see the Scottish Government being told to pull their vaccine schedule on the spurious pretext of business confidentiality - personally I think that's bullshit - it's everything about vaccine targets not being met if UK government does not deliver those doses.

The cynical in me trusts no-one here. I can't remember who said it here regards this being a political football - but they are right.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The cynical in me trusts no-one here.

Except that you've already fallen hook, line and sinker for the SG's 'we meant that we would have jabbed 1 million people but supplies!!!11!!' crock of shit excuse, so that's not actually true though. 

6 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

England is going for low hanging fruit and vaccinating easy targets for the numbers while not giving a single f**k about deaths.

Scotland is taking care and vaccinating care homes to save lives.

Only total bams think otherwise.

I'll just about buy it for now. But still expect big increases over the next week or so, if that's the truth in the lag.

Except that you've already fallen hook, line and sinker for the SG's 'we meant that we would have jabbed 1 million people but supplies!!!11!!' crock of shit excuse, so that's not actually true though. 
Out of interest - do you have the actual document that quotes a 1 million target?

I looked and couldn't find it - the only reference to a 1 million was in terms of capacity to deliver - in Freeman's original statement.

I'm no fan of Freeman - I think she is out of her depth - but in this instance I can understand if I don't agree with what was done. Personally I wouldn't have put a capacity figure out based on dogshit vaccine figures from Hancock. It just leaves you a hostage to fortune.

6 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

England is going for low hanging fruit and vaccinating easy targets for the numbers while not giving a single f**k about deaths.

Rather than comparing what we are doing to what England is doing, we should be asking why we cannot be doing what we are doing as well as doing more.

The vaccines are there, so its either a lack of desire, or a lack of planning to ensure an adequate number of vaccinators were in place. Neither is acceptable tbh.

The total bams are those willing to overlook this purely because they like what NS stands for.

Rather than comparing what we are doing to what England is doing, we should be asking why we cannot be doing what we are doing as well as doing more.
The vaccines are there, so its either a lack of desire, or a lack of planning to ensure an adequate number of vaccinators were in place. Neither is acceptable tbh.
The total bams are those willing to overlook this purely because they like what NS stands for.
It's not just planning nationally but also what's happening at a local health board level.

I know they are meant to be independent but I genuinely believe that there needs to be more direct intervention by the Scottish Government if there are local issues.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

What word would you rather I used to describe people so subscribed to an ideology that they refuse to see any shortcomings?

I'd rather you didn't call anyone anything and just judged their argument purely on its merits or otherwise. 

If we are considering what to call people though what would you call someone who has been completely wrong about two absolutely fundamental issues surrounding the pandemic, who refuses to consider any argument other than their own and can't see that there are shades of grey? Simps? 

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It's not just planning nationally but also what's happening at a local health board level.

I know they are meant to be independent but I genuinely believe that there needs to be more direct intervention by the Scottish Government if there are local issues.

The SG are accountable for the overall performance of individual health boards, though.

The buck stops with them.

Fans of the Scottish government seem to resent any criticism of the snp whether its justified or not.

It gets abusive and nasty quite quickly and filled with anti English strawman arguements. 

All the uk response has been a joke from planning for pandemics to the present day. I can't see how anyone can argue that. The vaccine creation is a positive and thats about it. Sturgeon has presented a total failure well and deserves credit for being professional and giving a straight message but she's not been asked any tough questions or challenged really. 

It makes me wonder about the snp and future votes for them tbh. 

10 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

what would you call someone who has been completely wrong about two absolutely fundamental issues surrounding the pandemic, who refuses to consider any argument other than their own and can't see that there are shades of grey?

Neil Ferguson

Rubbish, Scotland has the supplies to hand to do care homes and much more.

The supplies aren't getting delivered quick enough or in large enough quantities. Underperforming and using care homes as an excuse for their poor performance.

Contrast and compare against Northern Ireland as well for further data to confirm the shambles taking place here.

To an extent yes, but it is worrying that the numbers aren't even seeing a gradual increase over the course of the last week. There does appear to be issues with not enough vaccines getting to GP's to allow them to get on with doing all the over-80's as quickly as possible. Not sure what the problem is, there weren't huge quantities of the Oxford/AZ vaccine last week, but there should have been ample supplies for this week, but the numbers aren't showing that yet. Hopefully next week, otherwise they've no chance of meeting their target for the over-80's. There should be a good number done this weekend at the NHS Louisa Jordan, but need to see as high as possible numbers done via GP's next week.
The actual date given for the first groups was Feb 5th. Mid-Feb for over 70's.

Our local practice have announced they are receiving enough vaccine to jab all it's over 80s on Monday however the plan to only do injections over 2 specific days over the next week. Surgeries are not vaccinating evenly or even daily. Every surgery makes it's own plan.

The local practice was told it have to complete it's over 80s by next weekend. They will do but it will only feed into the daily figures on the 2 days it plans to inoculate on. Daily figures look to be a mistake to me. Weekly would have made far more sense and stopped all this pathetic mewling weeks before target days.

1 million was not a target but a capacity IF vaccine levels promised by UKGOV were delivered.

Given that they then backtracked from a promised 10 million doses from Pfizer to 2 million (the amount that they contracted by that point) I think its only right that the actual figure to be delivered had to be revised.

If they don't deliver the 560k figure - this is a target and not a capacity - then clearly questions should be asked - not just of the Scottish Government's role but if there are any issues at a UK level.
He gets told this every single day yet him and VT continue to trot it out. He knows, he's at the wind up as per.