Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

3) Your final point is stupidly dismissive and I wouldn't have been surprised if Granny Danger wrote it. I don't think "it's a bit shit to watch it at home"; it really depresses me that something that I've waited my entire life for will be reduced to just another few games on the TV. What will the difference be between our triple headers in October and November and the tournament itself? Having something that probably would've been one of the best experiences of many of our lives become the football equivalent of Love Island or I'm A Celebrity isn't "a bit shit". 

I've got tickets to Scotland's two games and will be absolutely fuming if I can't go. It's still not a reason to scrap the tournament though, and that was the point I was making.

If you wanted to make that argument, then being at the games in normal circumstances would hardly be far off one of the triple headers either, given that we'd have two games at Hampden and one away game. The reason it won't feel like that is the same reason a league decider or a derby match in the league doesn't feel like every other run of the mill game - there's proper jeopardy involved and we all know it.

18 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm tired of hearing this line tbh. Either we weren't "nearly finished" when it was first used, or we're flapping about getting through whatever amount remains.

Wasn't the care homes quoted by NS as being "95% complete". So by now we should be making big inroads onto the 80+ group. But it would seem we're not.

Where is this "Ramp Up"?

37 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's amazing. Even when confronted with black and white facts, cult members just cannot bring themselves to acknowlege SG failings.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you? Why the need to try to characterise people who don't adopt the same stance as yours in such stark terms? It was 'second wavers' previously (you were wrong about that incidentally just as you were completely wrong about the public health crisis being over) now people who don't follow your chosen narrative are 'cult members'. 

I don't know if right now we in Scotland are falling behind on the vaccine roll out or simply adopting a different approach to elsewhere. I do know that I'm down for my vaccine next week well ahead of when I was anticipating getting it. Don't know what that says about the roll out. Maybe nothing but until targets are being missed with no credible explanation then I'm keeping an open mind. 

43 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Fairly large Doctors Practice in North Fife only been able to scratch the surface of it's large population of over 80s. 

Received just over 100 Vaccine doses.

Does seem really odd.

Another load of 12 Community Vaccine Centres Kick off in Fife on 1st February.  Subject to getting any vaccine.

Yep, my wife’s practice have received less than half of what they need with no clear delivery structure to get the vaccines out and plan. The heath board has also just taken their vaccination site off them as a mass vaccination venue causing further delays. 

42 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Given that the vaccines are literally available, the only reason we can't have done more outside of care homes at the same time as what we have done inside them is because we weren't prepared for doing so.

That could be down to a lack of vaccinators, a lack of sites, or not having contacted people to arrange an appointment.

All 3 of those reasons represent a lack of preparation.

Or it could just be that we’ve absolutely fucked it and have a bunch of fucking morons leading the vaccine roll out? 

7 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

Why the need to try to characterise people who don't adopt the same stance as yours in such stark terms?

What word would you rather I used to describe people so subscribed to an ideology that they refuse to see any shortcomings?

I remain hopeful this is going to be a Biden v Trump style thing, with England racing ahead with their vaccine numbers in the first instance but the plan coming to fruition as time goes on...

But it’s starting to look a bit bleak.

By my count this is the state of play:

Target 1 - middle of Feb to complete priority groups 1 & 2 by Feb 1st. 19,400 per day needed. Should hit it. There is an extra bit of wiggle room in that they Sturgeon said in Parliament ‘start of Feb’. I could get over the 3rd or 4th.

Target 2 - 44,600 per day (target 1 plus 25,200 per day) to complete groups up to over 70’s by Monday 15th Feb. Sturgeon committed to ‘middle of Feb’ in Parliament this week.

I think Target 2 is now too big to be met. We aren’t doing 44k per day right now, which is needed. We’re barely doing half. So it climbs every day and will be into impossible territory by the middle of next week.

Target 3 - There’s also the looming 280k for over 65’s by the start of March, which would be an additional 7.5k per day if starting today (they’re not). 20k per day if we give it a fortnight. In isolation, probably fine - but with the expected backlog from Target 2, I don’t see us making it either.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you? Why the need to try to characterise people who don't adopt the same stance as yours in such stark terms? It was 'second wavers' previously (you were wrong about that incidentally just as you were completely wrong about the public health crisis being over) now people who don't follow your chosen narrative are 'cult members'. 
I don't know if right now we in Scotland are falling behind on the vaccine roll out or simply adopting a different approach to elsewhere. I do know that I'm down for my vaccine next week well ahead of when I was anticipating getting it. Don't know what that says about the roll out. Maybe nothing but until targets are being missed with no credible explanation then I'm keeping an open mind. 
I have to agree with this.

It's the actual targets that matter not day-to-day comparisons.

If they don't reach their 1 February target then it's fair game to question the reasons why.

18 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Once the vaccine is bedded in, the only reason you should test positive for Covid is because you are ill enough to be in hospital, or at least require medical assistance. Like we do with flu.

Post vaccine roll out we cannot continue to test, trace and isolate everyone with symptoms mild enough to be still out galavanting.

By all means stay home and off work if you are ill. But there will be no routine testing like there is now.

I'm not so sure. I was doing some work at one of the drive through test centres and its lease was until June or July but they're seemingly extending it to the end of 2021

11 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If they don't reach their 1 February target then it's fair game to question the reasons why.

Of 1m?

Or the revised 560k?

Given we will have over 1m doses available by then, why should we not be asking why we couldn't achieve close to the original 1m?

I don't understand the willingness to accept poor performance simply because the SG couldn't be arsed planning accordingly to do more.

Edited by Todd_is_God

30 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

It was 'second wavers' previously (you were wrong about that incidentally

"Second wavers" was in reference to the Sturgeon Tears™️ types who proclaimed in May that all we had to do was "wait two weeks" because some people did a conga, went to the beach, or had the audacity to go to the pub.

They were spectacularly wrong. 

There was a "fact check" in the national today about the vaccine stuff. Only skimmed it really, because it is the national after all, and they're hardly going to come out and say Ruth was right, but there are some figures in it I hadn't seen before so I'll post it if anyone hasn't seen it:

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19031995.fact-check-ruth-davidsons-claim-vaccines-arent-reaching-gps-quickly-enough/

13 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

To an extent yes, but it is worrying that the numbers aren't even seeing a gradual increase over the course of the last week. There does appear to be issues with not enough vaccines getting to GP's to allow them to get on with doing all the over-80's as quickly as possible. Not sure what the problem is, there weren't huge quantities of the Oxford/AZ vaccine last week, but there should have been ample supplies for this week, but the numbers aren't showing that yet. Hopefully next week, otherwise they've no chance of meeting their target for the over-80's. There should be a good number done this weekend at the NHS Louisa Jordan, but need to see as high as possible numbers done via GP's next week.

The actual date given for the first groups was Feb 5th. Mid-Feb for over 70's.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, Elixir said:
Pish. Freeman must walk.

Are you hiding here because Hearts lost again?

Mate, Hearts could get pumped rotten in every single game from now until the end of time if it meant getting our lives back.

Of 1m?
Or the revised 560k?
Given we will have over 1m doses available by then, why should we not be asking why we couldn't achieve close to the original 1m?
I don't understand the willingness to accept poor performance simply because the SG couldn't be arsed planning accordingly to do more.
1 million was not a target but a capacity IF vaccine levels promised by UKGOV were delivered.

Given that they then backtracked from a promised 10 million doses from Pfizer to 2 million (the amount that they contracted by that point) I think its only right that the actual figure to be delivered had to be revised.

If they don't deliver the 560k figure - this is a target and not a capacity - then clearly questions should be asked - not just of the Scottish Government's role but if there are any issues at a UK level.

7 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If they don't deliver the 560k figure - this is a target and not a capacity - then clearly questions should be asked - not just of the Scottish Government's role but if there are any issues at a UK level.

It's pish like this that result in people getting called out.  Are you suggesting for one minute that the problem lies outside of Scotland?  How come Wales and Ireland are managing to vaccinate more than Scotland?

There is absolutely no evidence that this is anything other than our own incompetence.

Edited by strichener