Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 hours ago, Elixir said:

Bill Gates trolling the anti-vaxxers into oblivion. heh.png

Bill Gates can now track himself with an implanted microchip wherever he goes. Scary.

9 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Was going to say the same, big difference between having over 100k people in a field for a week with no social distancing, people from various parts of the UK and little sanitisation at a place like Glastonbury than 20 folk in a pub with protocols in place. The two are completely different.  No one expects everything to just open again instantly but we certainly shouldn't accept being locked in the house for another year either.

Depends what you mean by protocols. You mention social distancing and sanitisation but the evidence is becoming clear that aerosol spread is the main method of transmission. This means that staying 2m away from people and clarting your hands with sanitiser in an unventilated, enclosed space is pretty useless. Being outside is a far better guarantor of safety. Proportionally the 100k at Glastonbury might be at less risk than the 20 sitting in The Vaults.

The point about people from all over the UK mixing is probably a stronger reason not to have Glastonbury. I’m assuming people don’t travel from hundreds of miles to go to the Vaults.

15 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

So we have a professor of virology saying that we need to keep the lockdown in place.
Can we have an QAnon, anti-covid bam saying it's all fake to balance it out?

She might be a virologist, but she's not an economist and she's certainly not a psychologist, as much as she seems to think a bit of sunshine will keep spirits up. Of course someone looking purely at how to stop a virus is going to say lockdown. I think everyone agrees the best way to supress a virus is to isolate but there comes a point when the economy needs restarted and we need to watch the population doesn't start topping themselves like Lemmings. Sridhar doesn't have a solution for the economy or peoples mental well being in the meantime. Both are becoming critical.

8 hours ago, Elixir said:

Bill Gates trolling the anti-vaxxers into oblivion. heh.png

Need more content like this. 

Best way to break at least a fraction of these fucking idiots is to mock them directly. Bill Gates has done this not because he thinks that the public at large want to know if he's been vaccinated, he's done it with one group of people in mind. That's why his photo has him with what looks like a shit eating grin under his mask and no needle in sight. 😂

20 years ago before the advent of the internet, anyone sitting in a pub spouting the shite the anti vaxxers or flat earthers do, would have been roundly and soundly laughed at for their pish and that would have been that. 

Now though, they find each other easily and with each other comes safety and validation in numbers.

A big old fashioned round of pointing, laughing and going 'enjoy your night mate' is definitely what's needed with them. No point in trying to deny, engage or reason with them. So may as well laugh at them. 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Need more content like this. 

Best way to break at least a fraction of these fucking idiots is to mock them directly. Bill Gates has done this not because he thinks that the public at large want to know if he's been vaccinated, he's done it with one group of people in mind. That's why his photo has him with what looks like a shit eating grin under his mask and no needle in sight. 😂

20 years ago before the advent of the internet, anyone sitting in a pub spouting the shite the anti vaxxers or flat earthers do, would have been roundly and soundly laughed at for their pish and that would have been that. 

Now though, they find each other easily and with each other comes safety and validation in numbers.

A big old fashioned round of pointing, laughing and going 'enjoy your night mate' is definitely what's needed with them. No point in trying to deny, engage or reason with them. So may as well laugh at them. 

And as if by magic. 86 year old wheelchair bound man who has been in care for several years, got covid vaccine 2 weeks ago and later dies peacefully in his sleep. 

BRUH!! 

As I say, best to just point and laugh at these fucking moon-howlers. 

Screenshot_20210123_090148_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.eb9e0169cb811d043d31cdc4702c4532.jpg

11 hours ago, Fullerene said:

I worked in one place where a colleague sometimes left 5 minutes early to beat the traffic.  This was spotted and he was told to stop.

So he stopped leaving early.  He also stopped arriving early to unlock the gates so everybody could get into the car park.

Somehow I think that matter got resolved. 

Who locked the gates at night?

You are right, but i've got zero confidence that, even in the scenario you describe, the SG will adopt such a laissez faire attitude.
I've got every confidence we will be among the, if not the, last (certainly in Europe) to be restriction free, and will not make this move until after England do so.
Given the vaccination supply issues now surfacing in the EU with both AZ and Pfizer, the UK will be vaccinated long before the majority of Europe. Spain's PM already publicly saying they will not be welcoming overseas tourists before September based on 70% coverage.

Given the vaccination supply issues now surfacing in the EU with both AZ and Pfizer, the UK will be vaccinated long before the majority of Europe. Spain's PM already publicly saying they will not be welcoming overseas tourists before September based on 70% coverage.
Personally not looking at an overseas holiday until October - but more to do with our personal situation right now.

5 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

There's been a lot of debate about anti-Vaxxers lately.
I am now coming forward to stand up and say I'm firmly in the anti-Vax camp. There, I've said it!
I have my reasons, like many anti-Vaxxers, but it's important that everyone approaches this sensitive topic armed with the information THEY know to be true. I know my truth and I have first hand experience that backs me up.
I had a Vax once and it was the noisiest ,shitiest vacuum cleaner ever! I will never buy one again. All these experts have clearly never experienced the disappointment of having to go over the same piece of carpet again and again to pick up the same piece of fluff!!
I am firmly in the Shark camp and I will not be told otherwise

Unlike most of you sheeple I've actually done my REESURCH and the Gtech AirRam beats all comers, mainly because of the flashing lights.