Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

If you’re seeing that type of rant, you probably want to look at the people you follow on social media.

They are not reflective of real life.

I dont follow iamchloedee.x but i've still seen her story...

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

responsibility shifting to the individual

Including liability?

If so I wouldn't be comfortable with that as it would likely end in a lot of civil prosecutions my friend who died of Covid could probably have easily identified the person who gave him Covid but I think it's more bad luck that it proved fatal rather than someone's fault as they could be bankrupt by his loss of earnings.

Sure I remember somewhere the NFL Franchises letting fans in make them sign a waiver accepting that they will not present any legal claim if they catch Covid whilst attending the game.

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Including liability?

If so I wouldn't be comfortable with that as it would likely end in a lot of civil prosecutions my friend who died of Covid could probably have easily identified the person who gave him Covid but I think it's more bad luck that it proved fatal rather than someone's fault as they could be bankrupt by his loss of earnings.

Why liability? Your family can't sue someone if you catch any other virus (e.g. flu) and then die. Why should covid be treated any differently?

Being able to sue people for passing on a virus (unless it's a deliberate, malicious act like with HIV) is definitely not a route i'd welcome going down.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

My work has a policy that seems to be we don't care how little/much you do but if you arrive 1 Minute late then you're worse than Hitler.

They also have this crazy approach to people caught going away a few minutes early. As I say they don't actually ask how much you did in the middle part.

I worked in one place where a colleague sometimes left 5 minutes early to beat the traffic.  This was spotted and he was told to stop.

So he stopped leaving early.  He also stopped arriving early to unlock the gates so everybody could get into the car park.

Somehow I think that matter got resolved. 

4 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I wonder if the SG may step in for the Euros? If we’re not at the point where things are near enough normal by then, there’s no doubt crowds will gather outside/in Glasgow regardless for the Scotland games. 

I will probably be going to London regardless even if it's just a booze up in our rented house.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Generally when the government alludes to stories such as 'more deadly variant', and 'vaccine 50% less efficient on XXXXX variant', you just know that it's building up for another 6 month lockdown followed by tight tier restrictions. 

None of this is a positive outlook. 

Just now, PWL said:

No idea what he's done now but worthy of a Greenie on sentiment alone. 

I just stumbled across some pishy radio show he was on waxing lyrical about how his daughter has had enough of lockdown and thinks it will go on for ever. f**k off you long haired ugly annoying p***k. No one is enjoying this, you’re not unique. Fucking w**k that he is. 

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I just stumbled across some pishy radio show he was on waxing lyrical about how his daughter has had enough of lockdown and thinks it will go on for ever. f**k off you long haired ugly annoying p***k. No one is enjoying this, you’re not unique. Fucking w**k that he is. 

Probably trying to get her a job writing for a newspaper like Gove and Vine did for their daughter.

Well, that and keeping his name in the spotlight. The odious shit of a man.

Edited by The Skelpit Lug
Sp.

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

He was upset by the state when he is the reason we are stuck with the shit show dragging us behind. 

Just now, The Skelpit Lug said:

Probably trying to get her a job writing for a newspaper like Give and Vine did for their daughter.

Well, that and keeping his name in the spotlight. The odious shit of a man.

I’d punch him until my arm fell off, honestly. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

In honesty, we suspected that this year would be a bit in limbo as we waited on large swathes of society being vaccinated. 

I hate that we're in this shitty situation but I'm now looking with one eye at the point when restrictions are lifted... When they are, it must be with a degree of finality. There will be absolutely no appetite in a fully vaccinated population to tighten again whatsoever. 

I would accept no large events or gatherings this year but definitely not keeping the population locked down and businesses closed a fucking second longer than they have to be closed. There is a marked difference between no having 80000 folk at a weekend long music festival and preventing people from going to a pub, cinema or restaurant without restrictions, fear or guilt. 

Easy to accept that when it isnt your line of work. This will be the second summer of fck all events work 😔

46 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Sure I remember somewhere the NFL Franchises letting fans in make them sign a waiver accepting that they will not present any legal claim if they catch Covid whilst attending the game.

Trump did that for his first (?) rally(ies?) back after the initial lockdown. No idea if NFL did this too