Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 hours ago, Scosha said:

You would think so but the mindset of management is very old school. Thankfully there's a few fresh faces that have come in since last year which should bring a more modern approach. I've never really understood the argument against home working. As long as you get your work done on time who really gives a f*ck where and when you do it? 

My work has a policy that seems to be we don't care how little/much you do but if you arrive 1 Minute late then you're worse than Hitler.

They also have this crazy approach to people caught going away a few minutes early. As I say they don't actually ask how much you did in the middle part.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

As much as it disappoints me, it doesnt suprise me that events like Glastonbury have been shelved and NS basically saying no big events will happen this summer. Everybody seems content to sit indoors and have no fun things like gigs, attending sports etc to look forward to. Folk are already writing off 2021 for anything like that, so really we could potentially be existing to work or watch Netflix for almost 2 years. What a depressing way to "live". Cant wait until a vaccine is out that will change things and allow us to do things like that again 🙄 🙄

In honesty, we suspected that this year would be a bit in limbo as we waited on large swathes of society being vaccinated. 

I hate that we're in this shitty situation but I'm now looking with one eye at the point when restrictions are lifted... When they are, it must be with a degree of finality. There will be absolutely no appetite in a fully vaccinated population to tighten again whatsoever. 

I would accept no large events or gatherings this year but definitely not keeping the population locked down and businesses closed a fucking second longer than they have to be closed. There is a marked difference between no having 80000 folk at a weekend long music festival and preventing people from going to a pub, cinema or restaurant without restrictions, fear or guilt. 

7 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Absolutely noone is content with that. This kind of chat is up there with you would kill a granny just to get a pint. Hyperbolic nonsense. 

Hyperbolic or not, just how much of our lives will we waste living like this? Especially now that the goalposts seem to be shifting constantly despite the vaccines.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

In honesty, we suspected that this year would be a bit in limbo as we waited on large swathes of society being vaccinated. 

I hate that we're in this shitty situation but I'm now looking with one eye at the point when restrictions are lifted... When they are, it must be with a degree of finality. There will be absolutely no appetite in a fully vaccinated population to tighten again whatsoever. 

I would accept no large events or gatherings this year but definitely not keeping the population locked down and businesses closed a fucking second longer than they have to be closed. There is a marked difference between no having 80000 folk at a weekend long music festival and preventing people from going to a pub, cinema or restaurant without restrictions, fear or guilt. 

Ryan Christie IN TEARS during emotional interview as Scotland qualify for  Euro 2020 - 'We've been through it so many years'

Accept f**k all.   We're gonna win euro 2021. 

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The mainstream UK media are fucking arseholes. Knowing that the lowest common denominator lap up everything they tell us and that 70% of us will be dead from COVID within 18 months.

You're obviously not using GrannyDanger's calculator

ETA: @djchapsticks See the source image

Edited by Jacksgranda

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

We should move to a model similar to what Sweden were doing last summer, i.e. typical epidemic mitigation measures, once the vaccine starts rolling out to the wider population, with draconian legislation being fired into the sun and responsibility shifting to the individual. The mewling about the impact of vaccines on transmission should also be in the bin by the time this happens - and this transition can then lead back to mass gatherings going ahead once the rollout has had time to be offered and taken up by the remaining population.

21 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

As much as it disappoints me, it doesnt suprise me that events like Glastonbury have been shelved and NS basically saying no big events will happen this summer. Everybody seems content to sit indoors and have no fun things like gigs, attending sports etc to look forward to. Folk are already writing off 2021 for anything like that, so really we could potentially be existing to work or watch Netflix for almost 2 years. What a depressing way to "live". Cant wait until a vaccine is out that will change things and allow us to do things like that again 🙄 🙄

When it comes  I hope you keep us posted of all the fun stuff you get up to.

My work has a policy that seems to be we don't care how little/much you do but if you arrive 1 Minute late then you're worse than Hitler.
They also have this crazy approach to people caught going away a few minutes early. As I say they don't actually ask how much you did in the middle part.
^^arrives 15 minutes late and leaves 15 minutes early

32 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Either way I absolutely cannot wait for the "its discustin that peepul are stull goin for pints when 2 peepul ur diein from covids every day. Have sum respect 🤬🤬" type rants once we do reach that acceptable, manageable, stable level and are living normal lives again.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, PWL said:

For what's worth, my cynical view is that they are using this as an 'excuse' for being so badly caught out in the second wave. They'll say the reason for the excess deaths and infections down south is this deadly super strong variant. Not Boris and Co fecking around about the whole Christmas thing. 

We share the same views on the Christmas nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

The Euros are going to be cancelled, aren't they?

I'd say if anything they are more likely to be played in one country than cancelled. And that country would quite likely be the UK due to the number of games already scheduled here.

Be a bit rich playing the Champions and Europa League to a finish, then cancelling the Euros due to travel concerns.

ETA that's before even considering the impact it looks likely the vaccine will have.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'd say if anything they are more likely to be played in one country than cancelled.

1 minute ago, PWL said:

Or moved to Germany and played behind closed doors. 

Maybe. Either way, they're going to be absolute horseshit.

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

Maybe. Either way, they're going to be absolute horseshit.

They will certainly be a bit of a let down after waiting 23 years to get to one.

But I don't have tickets anyway. Providing I can watch it in a pub or outdoor fan zone (socially distanced, of course) i'll absolutely make the most of it.

I’ve got tickets to one Scotland game so I’ll be devastated if I can’t go. If I had to guess, I reckon they’ll have some games with reduced capacity, some with no crowd, but all played in the stadiums they’re slated to be played in. 

Either way I absolutely cannot wait for the "its discustin that peepul are stull goin for pints when 2 peepul ur diein from covids every day. Have sum respect 🤬🤬" type rants once we do reach that acceptable, manageable, stable level and are living normal lives again.

If you’re seeing that type of rant, you probably want to look at the people you follow on social media.

They are not reflective of real life.