Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

What happened to your post calling me thick?

I edited it to give you the benefit of the doubt. It's fairly well known that viruses don't have political and planning sections hidden away.

6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Neil O’Brien, crusader for truth, justice and the scourge of people who tweet about “face nappies”.

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/politics/article/neil-obrien-covid-conspiracy

A lot of interesting articles on that site.

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I was just on wiki having a look. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

Four waves of the H1N1 virus

March 1918

August 1918

January 1919

April 1920

Possibly ran out of people to infect or blocked by herd immunity, never went away though, surfaced again in 2009.

Still around and some of us might have had it at some point.

Que?

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Didn’t watch it but this ‘announcement’ is scaremongering try and get more people to comply? 

For what's worth, my cynical view is that they are using this as an 'excuse' for being so badly caught out in the second wave. They'll say the reason for the excess deaths and infections down south is this deadly super strong variant. Not Boris and Co fecking around about the whole Christmas thing. 

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

As I posted the other day, that fucking worm has tried to pivot his entire position and acts as if this never took place. Vallance is the same.

Edit: and I think it is because they are shitting it at the prospect of a future enquiry and are scrambling to cover their tracks.

Edited by Elixir

With the vaccines looking as efficacious as they are, and such high proportions of the entire population - at least in the UK - saying they will get one, then is there not a fairly good chance that deaths from the 'rona could end up being fewer in number than from influenza in a situation where we are 'back to normal', given that the flu jab uptake is relatively low in people under the age of 60, and not as effective?

Edited by Elixir

12 minutes ago, Elixir said:

With the vaccines looking as efficacious as they are, and such high proportions of the entire population - at least in the UK - saying they will get one, then is there not a fairly good chance that deaths from the 'rona could end up being fewer in number than from influenza in a situation where we are 'back to normal', given that the flu jab uptake is relatively low in people under the age of 60, and not as effective?

I would suggest the answer to that would be yes.

Probably going to change the way people view health in general. A few years back maybe 5 or so i was in work with what started out as a cough but half way through the shift i felt like utter shite. Spoke about going home and was mwt with och dinny be such a poof it’s just the cauld!
Up until covid the attitude of employers was that you should come in unless physically unable to do your job

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I couldnt see the story as i dont do any other social media besides twitter, take it it was a bit of covidiocy? Did click on the page and saw quite a considerable wid though?

Deffo Wid. A lot of folk talking "Bill Gates" "Long term side effects" "fertility" utter bollocks the lot of them.

As much as it disappoints me, it doesnt suprise me that events like Glastonbury have been shelved and NS basically saying no big events will happen this summer. Everybody seems content to sit indoors and have no fun things like gigs, attending sports etc to look forward to. Folk are already writing off 2021 for anything like that, so really we could potentially be existing to work or watch Netflix for almost 2 years. What a depressing way to "live". Cant wait until a vaccine is out that will change things and allow us to do things like that again 🙄 🙄

12 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Probably going to change the way people view health in general. A few years back maybe 5 or so i was in work with what started out as a cough but half way through the shift i felt like utter shite. Spoke about going home and was mwt with och dinny be such a poof it’s just the cauld!
Up until covid the attitude of employers was that you should come in unless physically unable to do your job

Multiple sickies every year. 4U0m6pP.png

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

As much as it disappoints me, it doesnt suprise me that events like Glastonbury have been shelved and NS basically saying no big events will happen this summer. Everybody seems content to sit indoors and have no fun things like gigs, attending sports etc to look forward to. Folk are already writing off 2021 for anything like that, so really we could potentially be existing to work or watch Netflix for almost 2 years. What a depressing way to "live". Cant wait until a vaccine is out that will change things and allow us to do things like that again 🙄 🙄

Absolutely noone is content with that. This kind of chat is up there with you would kill a granny just to get a pint. Hyperbolic nonsense.