Coronavirus (COVID-19)

There needs to be more accounts like Covid Fact Check
image.thumb.png.6d9c8df4476426a594bfc14a1bc67310.png
That and "Coronavirus Good News" are the only accounts I pay any real attention to.

I've said before but if my only source of news came from the mainstream media I'd have topped myself months ago.

The mainstream UK media are fucking arseholes. Knowing that the lowest common denominator lap up everything they tell us and that 70% of us will be dead from COVID within 18 months.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The mainstream UK media are fucking arseholes. Knowing that the lowest common denominator lap up everything they tell us and that 70% of us will be dead from COVID within 18 months.

I thought that was Granny Danger that did that.

So wait....WHAT?

The new variant doesn't appear to kill more people that it hospitalises. The mortality rate of those in hospital are the same.

But it kills 30% more people that it infects.

But we've only looked at a few cases so we don't know for certain yet.

I mean I know the fucking answer but why even put that info out there?!

Edited by djchapsticks

25 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

That and "Coronavirus Good News" are the only accounts I pay any real attention to.

I've said before but if my only source of news came from the mainstream media I'd have topped myself months ago.

Are these two accounts verified as being good sources run by people who know what they're talking about? It's important that just because the media are scaremongering people don't fall into the trap of believing anyone who says things to the contrary - that's what made "Professor" Karl Sikora prominent for a wee while.

The £500 for isolating seems like a good idea but will be hard to execute.
Maybe better to give the money to a local team who can distribute medical stuff, food and help with bills or talk to employers?

Or sort out sick pay whereby people dont feel the need to lie about having symptoms.

2 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Whitty and Vallance definitely don't seem to believe the change is really a significant one.

Of course it'll now fuel the media hysteria just nice enough.

'There's no evidence.....there's no real evidence.....we don't know for certain.....these are preliminary'

Both seem very keen to distance themselves from sensationalism but appear to be having to go with it to toe the party line of 'obey, obey, obey'.

6 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

By all means tell the public if the virus is becoming more deadly but can they at least wait until they have the actual evidence to prove it, rather than this anecdotal bullshit

It's not just that it will scare people for potentially no reason, foreign governments will react to this as well. Expect those lorry queues to return as the French decide to close the border to risk assess the situation again.