Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Glastonbury just binned to reinforce the point events can still be cancelled.

Won't be the only one. 

The olympics won't go ahead, and EURO 2020 will be a one country tournament with no crowds.  There'll be no Lions tour to South Africa, and anyone expecting full crowds at sporting events any time this year will be disappointed I suspect. 

Just now, Left Back said:

Glastonbury just binned to reinforce the point events can still be cancelled.

Indeed (and I never said that they couldn't).

In all honesty I think the London marathon in October will be cancelled, but its certainly thought provoking that they feel, at this point in time, a 50k mass participation event will proceed.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Aye because nobody at all can drink on a train without ruining everyone else's trip.

If you're going to ban anything, ban hen do's on trains, or full stop. 

And the main thing that makes these more annoying than any random collection of females is...?

Is he standing in Moray for Holyrood in May after promising what a great deal Brexit would be for everyone? Must be shitting himself.
Can you stand for a constituency as well as being on the list?

He wouldn't risk doing just the former I would have thought.

He'll be guaranteed a seat one way or the other.

Really sad story in the papers of a guy from dorset who was required to work at an anti-covid protest, has caught covid as a result of it and is now in hospital. Kinda sums up that the police essentially can’t really refuse to go and deal with something and have been given pretty much no protection. Front line health workers and the very vulnerable should undoubtedly be front of the line but there has to be consideration to other emergency services. I know a lot of police officers who are carers for elderly relatives etc and its causing a lot of anguish as they see every day at work as a risk of transmitting the virus to their family. 
I have that very scenario within my family. It's a constant concern.

That utter dick of a man Ross allowed free reign on BBC every single day to make random claims about vaccination targets being missed, without his allegations being properly scrutinised. 

The main man P.Harvey was very quick to call him out, for the slevering idiot that he is.

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, Billy Jean King said:
5 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:
That utter dick of a man Ross allowed free reign on BBC every single day to make random claims about vaccination targets being missed, without his allegations being properly scrutinised. 

His claim today that he knows there are "hundreds of thousands of doses sitting in Scottish warehouses" is bound to be scrutinised. He also accused an SG appointed contractor of being responsible for the delay in distribution. These are specific issues that certainly haven't been raised before but as usual with the BBC he wasn't pressed on the source etc and Harvey immediately after seemed to rubbish it.

He's a complete khqunt. 

He's got the hard neck to talk about 'let's not politicise the vaccinations', after spending 5 minutes desperately trying to politicise the whole thing. He alluded....with no basis in reality....that the SG are sitting on hundreds of thousands of vaccines. 

It's all garbage and lies, but he knows that doesn't matter. This is a golden opportunity for the Scottish Tories to get a daily dig in at the SNP over something that is the vital issue of the day. 

The truth doesn't matter to the Tories (it never has). All that's important to them is a getting a perception out there that some how the SG are failing to administer vaccines. 

19 minutes ago, PWL said:

Taking this thread down another path I know (as if it wasn't already).... but Ive always thought BTP must be one of the worst jobs ever. A constant stream of drunks, suicides and fannies trying to avoid their fares. 

Nah, best kept secret in Policing, you have a lot more responsibility in investigating crimes, more freedom to patrol ie not stuck in a small area, good gaffers generally and most of all paid more 😂

If there had been a blanket policy of arresting pished folk on a train not many oilmen would have made it home and the Aberdeen to Glasgow train on a Friday would have been regularly cancelled. 

Edited by tamthebam

6 minutes ago, budmiester1 said:

Nah, best kept secret in Policing, you have a lot more responsibility in investigating crimes, more freedom to patrol ie not stuck in a small area, good gaffers generally and most of all paid more 😂

You forgot getting the luxury of having the other police attend things first because ‘BTP are 40 min away, could a local station attend first’ 😛 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You forgot getting the luxury of having the other police attend things first because ‘BTP are 40 min away, could a local station attend first’ 😛 

Not that often funny enough and what a lot of people forget is that BTP deal with crime outwith the Railway. I've personally done a few drunk drivers and serious assaults out on the streets. The public, quite rightly, don't care what force deals with an incident whilst its happening 👍

1 minute ago, budmiester1 said:

Not that often funny enough and what a lot of people forget is that BTP deal with crime outwith the Railway. I've personally done a few drunk drivers and serious assaults out on the streets. The public, quite rightly, don't care what force deals with an incident whilst its happening 👍

I know i know, good guys the BTP! 

Ban alcohol for the peasantry in 2nd class. 

First class folk can relax with a cheeky wee Chardonnay. 

The fact that we usually travel with a couple of rail employees and get a buckshee upgrade has nothing to do with this observation. 

Won't be the only one. 
The olympics won't go ahead, and EURO 2020 will be a one country tournament with no crowds.  There'll be no Lions tour to South Africa, and anyone expecting full crowds at sporting events any time this year will be disappointed I suspect. 
Best tell UEFA that then cause that's the last resort apparently.