Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Not logged on for a while. The last few pages feels like screaming into the void by people who can’t read beyond a headline.

If you think that booking a non-refundable holiday for this summer is a good idea, launch right ahead. I want a holiday too, but I might just go for the refundable option, just in case.
My favourite is the guy going to Spain and not telling anyone as he wouldn't be quarantining.

Not as if there would be flight records, bookings and passport scans that would show entry and exit that they could use to check up on any travel if they deemed it necessary.

My favourite is the guy going to Spain and not telling anyone as he wouldn't be quarantining.

Not as if there would be flight records, bookings and passport scans that would show entry and exit that they could use to check up on any travel if they deemed it necessary.
No c**t is checking up on folk m9. They weren't in summer by their own admission. Not telling anyone means my work wouldnt be able to treat me to 10 days unpaid leave.

51 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That might make sense if nearly every country on earth hadn't banned travellers from the UK.

Mainland Europe will open up in summer.

43 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Didnt realise there had been a travel ban for a year 

The measures right now effectively are.

1 minute ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

You know that word association game? If somebody said 'global pandemic' to me I doubt the first thing I'd come back with would be 'international travel'.

Or people are talking about in 6+ months time. If things aren't significantly better, at least in Europe, when vulnerable groups are vaccinated and it's summer, then what is the point?

54 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I can’t think international holidays would be good during covid. 
Where are you desperate to go?

Speak for yourself.

Was in Turkey in late September and, apart from being a bit quieter in the hotel than it would usually be, it was essentially normal.

14 days of miles better than anything I've done here for 10 months.

Edited by Todd_is_God

12 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Everyone agreed though that governments moving forward can never ever be allowed to cut the NHS funding ever again? This has shown that we need massive investment in healthcare, more doctors, more nurses, more research. Healthy population = less crime, less poverty, less days at work missed? Why dont the dickhead tories get it? Absolutely f**k the tories. Anyone who votes tory is a p***k, anyone, zero redeeming factors, vote tory = p***k. 

When were the previous times that the NHS had its funding cut?

Why did the dickhead SNP increase NHS funding less than the dickhead Tories?

Edited by strichener

17 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Any guesses as to which 5 million people in Israel aren't being vaccinated?

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jgqbv8/israel-is-vaccinating-everyone-besides-these-5-million-people

I saw reports that quite a large chunk of Palestinians wouldn't take vaccines directly from Israel. Also good luck trying to get things back to normal when you have 5 million people nearly a 3rd unvaccinated living in unsanitary conditions with regular visits from Israeli troops. It will be good to see just how much protection the vaccine gives you as troops going in and out of the camps will be exposed to the virus.

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Speak for yourself.

Was in Turkey in late September and, apart from being a bit quieter in the hotel than it would usually be, it was essentially normal.

14 days of miles better than anything I've done here for 10 months.

Multiple posters here were frantically trying to locate you the entire time

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Maybe I should invest in a flat in Saltcoats if there's going to be international travel bans.

Saltcoats. It's the new Tenerife.

No offence intended to anyone, but Saltcoats is a shithole IMVVHO

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

18 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
18 hours ago, hk blues said:
You don't agree then that until we are all safe, nobody is safe? 

You have lost me a bit. We will be as safe as we can be once everyone over 18 has been vaccinated is what I'm saying. After that it requires us paying heed to how the virus behaves. Can't really see any other way to deal with it once we reach that stage.

I was more meaning the idea that until the bulk of the world is vaccinated we are still all at risk to some extent.  In other words, we may be an Island but no man is an island.

18 hours ago, Left Back said:

Think he’s talking about the wider world.  We can be as safe as we like but we’d possibly be locked up on our own wee island until the world is vaccinated and would be at risk of importing vaccine resistant strains.

Exactly.