Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Lads I think some of you are overthinking this vaccine requirements stuff,

If there are 2000 people at a standing gig at the barras jumping and dancing around together and 50 of them haven't had the vaccine. it won't matter .   it's not that likely by that point that 1 in 50 people will have covid and if they do it's not likely that all 50 of them would be huddled together and if they were. well who cares because it's hardly going to put the NHS into a crises if 5 of them need to go to hospital.

TL'DR if enough people are protected ( not everyone just enough to keep it at low levels) then it really is  over as a public health crisis

I understand what you mean but you're explaining why we'll be free from restrictions in the UK. If some vaccines provide sterilising immunity and some don't, there will be pressure to restrict foreigners without it from getting in, even if the risk is minimal.

Guest Bob Mahelp
12 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

She's an utter choob!

Does she honestly think ANY authority is intentionally slowing a life saving process ?

Citing individual over 80s as not having been given a date when they will be jagged when it's public knowledge that the majority seem to be getting about 2 or 3 days notice is utterly futile and a waste of the precious little time she has.

I said that earlier. The vaccination process is going to very quickly become a major political and constitutional issue. 

The Tories see it as a way of eroding confidence in the Scottish government, and they're going to use it as much as possible. 

It's a very tricky issue for Sturgeon and the SNP, especially with elections coming up. The very last thing they want are daily headlines about the vaccination process being handled badly. 

I for one think we’d be doing a lot better in the pandemic and have a lot more people vaccinated if we didn’t have a different government and were simply just led by Mr Boris Johnston and the UK government. 

Ruth Davidson on point again today. Sturgeon must be shaking in her boots
Shut up.

4 minutes ago, bendan said:

I understand what you mean but you're explaining why we'll be free from restrictions in the UK. If some vaccines provide sterilising immunity and some don't, there will be pressure to restrict foreigners without it from getting in, even if the risk is minimal.

aye I also know what you mean,but lets say a country has vaccinated 85% of it's citizens with a sterilising immunity jab, in that case why should they be worried about a handful of people coming from abroad who have had a lesser one, their own people are protected regardless? 

7 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

aye I also know what you mean,but lets say a country has vaccinated 85% of it's citizens with a sterilising immunity jab, in that case why should they be worried about a handful of people coming from abroad who have had a lesser one, their own people are protected regardless? 

Children won't have been vaccinated, nor some people with severe allergies or those who are very frail. Obviously most kids are not seriously affected but there might be the odd one with health vulnerabilities. Rationally, you're right that it's an insignificant risk, but the whole covid response has been pretty irrational. It will take a while before common sense prevails.

9 minutes ago, bendan said:

Children won't have been vaccinated, nor some people with severe allergies or those who are very frail. Obviously most kids are not seriously affected but there might be the odd one with health vulnerabilities. Rationally, you're right that it's an insignificant risk, but the whole covid response has been pretty irrational. It will take a while before common sense prevails.

common sense isn't common, that's the biggest problem relying on it.  The worlds biggest failure of this pandemic has been our inability or rational thought

31 minutes ago, FireStarter said:

Ruth Davidson on point again today. Sturgeon must be shaking in her boots

Aye right enough. Davidson is such a smooth operator she is unlikely to up sticks to don an ermine robe away from any further democratic scrutiny. Oh wait.

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Aye right enough. Davidson is such a smooth operator she is unlikely to up sticks to don an ermine robe away from any further democratic scrutiny. Oh wait.

If Ruth Davidson was FM then this country and this pandemic wouldn’t have went as far south as it has done. 

47 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's a very tricky issue for Sturgeon and the SNP, especially with elections coming up. The very last thing they want are daily headlines about the vaccination process being handled badly. 

Perhaps she shouldn't have placed the most critical vaccine rollout in history in the hands of a minister swanning into retirement with no culpability attached then.

11 minutes ago, FireStarter said:

If Ruth Davidson was FM then this country and this pandemic wouldn’t have went as far south as it has done. 

Utter nonsense. You have based that on absolutely nothing she has never held office above MSP and even then she dodges her constituents. She is as equipped at being first minister as I am during what is probably the hardest time to lead a country. I wish Baroness Davidson would slink off to Westminster she has no currency in public political scrutiny and is depriving Scotland or an legitimate and competent opposition.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

Utter nonsense. You have based that on absolutely nothing she has never held office above MSP and even then she dodges her constituents. She is as equipped at being first minister as I am during what is probably the hardest time to lead a country. I wish Baroness Davidson would slink off to Westminster she has no currency in public political scrutiny and is depriving Scotland or an legitimate and competent opposition.

Won’t be long till your bowing to our FM Ruth Davidson

25k yesterday is verging towards reasonable status (for now). It should get the over 80’s, care homes and NHS staff done without much fuss by Feb 1st.*

What it still doesn’t really do is make much inroads into the mid-Feb target of over 70s. Still very much in line with the published government targets though - no more, no less.

*as a caveat to that, there will - obviously - be some individuals who couldn’t make their appointment or were ill or their GP fucked up or they aren’t registered anywhere or they just moved etc etc. I can already see the tabloid headlines as governments (Scotland and UK) declare the target met but Mrs Smith in Lochmaben hasn’t had hers yet.