Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

15 minutes or less until somebody puts the fire out?

Why? I’ve not been aggressive to anyone? Because I don’t like the same party as everyone else then that means I’m not allowed to be on here? 

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Dumfries and most of the border dwellers have had a history of Unionist fawning.

And proud 

Why is NS hiding (Behind this confidential bulllshit) when questioned about the huge stocks of unused Pfizer we have.

I know the Healthcare rollout and the carehomes were Pfizer.   If they have decided GPs are AZ then where the fuckk is all this Pfizer gonna go.

Waiting for the larger Vaccine hubs ?

Even Willie Thicko Rennie has worked out she is at it.

She repeats that she is not allowed to discuss the numbers of vaccines available and says there is also a restriction with the Pfizer vaccine.

broken record blah blah

Edited by superbigal

7 minutes ago, FireStarter said:

Why? I’ve not been aggressive to anyone? Because I don’t like the same party as everyone else then that means I’m not allowed to be on here? 

Of course not, discussion is welcomed. Terms like fuhrer, not so much.

Edited by The Skelpit Lug
Sp

Why is NS hiding (Behind this confidential bulllshit) when questioned about the huge stocks of unused Pfizer we have.
I know the Healthcare rollout and the carehomes were Pfizer.   If they have decided GPs are AZ then where the fuckk is all this Pfizer gonna go.

She repeats that she is not allowed to discuss the numbers of vaccines available and says there is also a restriction with the Pfizer vaccine.
Could be. Got the Pfizer one today at one of the hubs in Dundee

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

An article in the Herald, ONS statistics show that1 in 11 people in Scotland over 16 years old had COVID-19 last month, 8,9% of the population. That is a lot of people.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19021819.coronavirus-scotland-one-11-scots-infected-december-says-ons/

Does it not say by the end of last month, not in the last month? 

In my opinion ScotGov is extending lockdown because they simply  can get away with it due to the doom and gloom in England.

Yeah, nothing at all to do with the record number of Covid patients in hospital that’s still rising. Just pointlessly extending it for funsies.

I quite like your daily rundown of the 7 day averages but it isn’t the only indicator out there. Today’s have a pretty clear lag as well, only 13k tests reported. We’ll see a bit of a jump in the coming days.

24 minutes ago, Elixir said:

She adds: "We do now have hope, more so than at any time since the start of this pandemic, of a path to much greater domestic normality - something that all of us crave.

'Greater domestic normality' does not fill me with much hope whatsoever.

This all needs to end once deaths and hospitalisations remain at normal historic levels. Why can they not just fucking say so?

Here's the thing for me. I raised concern that the covid plan the SG released last year made no mention of, plan for, or give any indication what the criteria for "normal" would be.

I was told it was nothing as we would need a vaccine for that.

Now we have a vaccine, there is still, seemingly, no plan for allowing "normal" and NS is very deliberate in her use of "greater normality" at all times.

It's one thing to say "awch we will get there eventually, don't worry" but literally no one seems to be suggesting it is something they are even trying to achieve.

Am i jumping the gun and reading too much into it? Maybe, but politicians etc must surely understand the impact their specific choice of words will have on people who are being asked to make such drastic changes to their way of life, for what is looking increasingly like closer to at least 21 months than the original "3 weeks" 

People aren't necessarily looking for a guarantee that life will be back to normal (i.e. no restrictions) by a specific date, just that getting to that point is actually possible, and something that our leaders are actively working towards.

I'm assuming that type of questioning is probably not going to be on the table until at least well into the summer, but that length of wait is far too long for those who will already be suffering mentally as a result of that uncertainty.

35 minutes ago, superbigal said:

broken record blah blah

Last week when the sg published the vaccine plan it had to be taken down and as the ukgov said it went against national security and wanted the sg health minister sacked for it......this week is slightly different 

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

Last week when the sg published the vaccine plan it had to be taken down and as the ukgov said it went against national security and wanted the sg health minister sacked for it......this week is slightly different 

Was that not largely because Freeman revealed the storage site?