Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I noticed international travel was mentioned in the remaining restrictions after all adults were given their first injection. 

The other "restrictions" all seem what people would expect, such as social distancing. 

Social distancing, if still being employed, say Oct / Nov / Dec then football, concert venues etc is in for a very difficult year.

1 minute ago, RH33 said:

Schools shut until “at least mid feb”.

Fortnightly reviews on schools are shit, esp high schools, how f**k are they meant to plan. 

Based on my kids school, I don't think much planning has gone on anyway so won't make much difference. 🙈

3 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I noticed international travel was mentioned in the remaining restrictions after all adults were given their first injection. 

The other "restrictions" all seem what people would expect, such as social distancing. 

I feel unrestricted international travel will be restricted until an acceptable number of adults have had their second dose.

Level 0 restrictions domestically will likely be hanging around until then too.

I'm not going to get annoyed about it as it won't do me any good, so i'll divert my annoyance to the pace of the vaccine roll out if it continues to trundle along at an unacceptably slow pace.

23 hours ago, superbigal said:

So Scotgov live and extending the full lockdown for another 2 weeks.  No suprise but is it justified ?   

The UK stands at 487.1 cases per 100K Infections for the latest reported 7 day figure.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan

From 9th to 15th January we were down to  216.6

Todays figure for 10th Jan to 16th Jan is 210.5   Another single Day drop of 2.82%  and a drop from the peak of OVER 30%   We are now running at just over 43% compared to the UK.

In my opinion ScotGov is extending lockdown because they simply  can get away with it due to the doom and gloom in England. We actually only have 2 councils who fit the simple Tier 4 scenario for infection rate. Hopefully by the end of January extending the lockdown will look ludicrous. On current trajectory infections would drop to under 150 cases per 100K by Jan 31

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Glasgow City   334.5 to 324.1     The slow decline in the largest city no doubt not helping the rest of us. 

North Lanarkshire  328.7 to 313.4   

Renfrewshire    299.8 to 287.0  

North Ayrshire 285.0 to 275.3 

Clackmannanshire  263.9 to 265.8  One of very few councils climbing the charts

Dumfries & Galloway  267.4 to 264.7  Only Stranraer South now over 1000

Inverclyde   266.1 to 260.9

East Ayrshire  262.3 to 260.6

South Lanarkshire    255.5 to 252.1

East Dunbartonshire     259.6 to 243.9

West Dunbartonshire    242.9 to 237.3

Then onto the 1st North or East side of the Country appearance

Aberdeen City  241.0 to 234.0

South Ayrshire   230.0 to 229.1

Dundee City   225.0 to 218.3

Falkirk    223.8 to 213.8

East Renfrewshire  185.3 to 183.2

Fife   168.4 to 166.0

Perth & Kinross  171.8 to 162.6

Angus   163.5 to 157.5

Western Isles  108.5 to 157.2   Barra and South Uist now over 1000

Scottish  Borders    163.6 to 153.2

Aberdeenshire   144.3 to 147.8

Stirling   138.0 to 140.1

West Lothian  145.8 to 139.3

City Of Edinburgh   140.4 to 137.0

Highlands  146.7 to 132.3  Invergordon still over 1000

East Lothian   108.3 to 112.1

Midlothian  103.8 to 100.6

Shetland Islands 82.9 to 91.6

Moray  90.8 to 90.8

Argyll & Bute    78.0 to 69.9

Orkney Island 13.5 to 13.5

9 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I really dislike Ruth Davidson, but her first question was particularly good to the FM. She did not address why, if we have hundreds of thousands of doses, why they're not getting into folks arms at a much higher rate. Lot of bluster and blame placed at UK government, and I think she kind of accused the UK government massaging the figures a bit in terms of how many doses have been delivered but I may have misinterpreted...

That would hardly be a first.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Stop saying "a path back to greater normality" please.

An end point of "greater normality" is unacceptable.

I am fairly relaxed about timelines just now (or not putting any energy into worrying about it) but there definitely needs to be more acknowledgement that these restrictions are not normal and must end. The constant open ended language is quite frustrating, like they're reserving the right to hold restrictions indefinitely.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I feel unrestricted international travel will be restricted until an acceptable number of adults have had their second dose.

Level 0 restrictions domestically will likely be hanging around until then too.

I'm not going to get annoyed about it as it won't do me any good, so i'll divert my annoyance to the pace of the vaccine roll out if it continues to trundle along at an unacceptably slow pace.

The roll out pace seems to be very deliberate with staged increases. We need 20k a day to get through groups 1 and 2 by end of January and lo and behold they are doing 20k daily. No more, no less.

1 minute ago, PWL said:

Based on my kids school, I don't think much planning has gone on anyway so won't make much difference. 🙈

In fairness my kids school is teaching core maths and literacy via seasaw. Teachers recording and posting for the week on a Sunday night and goes live Monday 8am. They’re also adding two optional tasks a day along with sumdog Renfrewshire maths comp and sumdog spelling. Plus encouraging reading and the tracking website they use.

The head has pointed out that between the videos and the materials there isn’t anything that kids shouldn’t be able to complete fairly independently and they don’t get 1:1 in class so not to worry. The staff are working really hard.

I found last week that my middle one could knock out the core tasks and sumdog in couple hours. My son could too if he stopped picking his nose and scratching baws half the day.

I’d change the WiFi password get some off Xbox but they need access to do the work 🙈

4 minutes ago, renton said:

The roll out pace seems to be very deliberate with staged increases. We need 20k a day to get through groups 1 and 2 by end of January and lo and behold they are doing 20k daily. No more, no less.

I've said it before so I don't want to go round in circles, but my view is that, given how serious the situation is presented on a daily basis, we should be going as quickly as resources allow.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

https://www.covidfaq.co/Anti-Virus-The-Covid-19-FAQ-1ca4c698449f4b498393add4cf56279e

New website created by a few people who’ve I’ve found useful on Twitter.

Interesting that according to that, Yeadon first suggested covid was over as a public health crisis in October, whereas Todd was a true visionary, proclaiming it done mid August 

20210119_150229.jpg

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

Interesting that according to that, Yeadon first suggested covid was over as a public health crisis in October, whereas Todd was a true visionary, proclaiming it done mid August 

20210119_150229.jpg

😂 that made me laugh tbf

Edited by Todd_is_God

13 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Schools shut until “at least mid feb”.

Fortnightly reviews on schools are shit, esp high schools, how f**k are they meant to plan. 

Fortnightly reviews are shit for absolutely everyone in planning every aspect of our lives, but I don't see what the easy alternative is. I'd certainly prefer fortnightly to monthly if it means we get some restrictions lifted two weeks earlier.

12 minutes ago, renton said:

I noticed on the lunchtime news that there are rumblings about vunerable groups being missed out down south 

Edited by doulikefish

8 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I found last week that my middle one could knock out the core tasks and sumdog in couple hours. My son could too if he stopped picking his nose and scratching baws half the day.

To be fair, you could be describing me and my ability to WFH right there.