Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Can’t we do the care homes and other people too? That’s what England are doing after all. This is a ridiculous failure by the Scottish Government.
What is odd is that Scotland has large stockpiles of the vaccine Pfizer. But you continually see GP's claiming no visibility of supply probably cause there geared for AZ. Clusterfuck.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So say you have 20 care homes and 10 vaccination staff, 50-70 residents to be jagged in each, give each staff member one for the morning and one for the afternoon. Would be the same as having 10 staff in a vaccination centre doing morning and afternoon shift. Not really getting the perception of logistical issues around this. Slightly more inconvenient but not really a staggering undertaking surely?

Both care homes and GP's (and any other small places) are much more time consuming.

They have the logistical problems of the vaccine having to be broken down into smaller packs, safely delivered and stored at each of these locations (obviously more of an issue with Pfizer, which is what has been used most to start with, as that's what we've got first). 
Then there is the practicalities of a smaller space to use to vaccinate people, so only so many can be done at any one time. GP surgeries are also having to still carry on their usual work, plus appear to have limited supplies of vaccines so can only arrange so many appointments each week.

Care homes will be able to do all their residents in one day (unless of illness), but it's still not just a quick whizz round, there will be a bit of organising, residents probably brought individually into an area (don't forget they've got to be monitored by nurse afterwards). There will be bed bound residents, those with dementia that can possibly be a bit difficult to vaccinate etc.

It's only once they move onto the over 70s when they start inviting them to larger scale vaccination centres rather than just GP practices that they'll be able to get through them a lot quicker.

33 minutes ago, coprolite said:

70 residents in a morning or afternoon (3.5 hours) gives 3 minutes per jab. That sounds like barely enough time to get between rooms and change syringes. I’d expect some time taken to ensure that the right person is sitting there, check notes for allergies or other relevant factors ( likelihood of flipping out etc), then fill in forms and then change PPE and thoroughly clean hands and equipment. I’d guess you’re talking more like 10 mins per jab.

There will be a lot of homes with fewer than 50 residents as well.

Only in nursing homes where there are some residents bedbound will they be giving them vaccines in their own rooms. They'll have an area or room set up and bring the residents to it. They've got to do all the checks and forms, cleaning & PPE etc like you say, but someone also needs to monitor the person who has just been vaccinated, so that all adds time. Not saying the same nurse giving the jag will be doing the monitoring & everything, but there is limited staff so it everything will add up.

I know of one over-80 who's already been to their GP practice for their jag. They'll all probably be doing it their own way, but in her case, there were 10 people in the surgery at the one time and all-in, from explaining the vaccine, possible side effects etc, checking their details and asking questions, getting the vaccine and then being monitored afterwards, it took 40 minutes.

Edited by s_dog

5 minutes ago, s_dog said:

There will be bed bound residents, those with dementia that can possibly be a bit difficult to vaccinate etc.

I can imagine it could take around 30 minutes to try and vaccinate some of these more difficult cases, with the staff trying to reassure the elderly person, the person perhaps being difficult through no fault of their own but due to the condition they have.

Those giving the vaccine will just have to have a lot of patience.

It will of course be so much easier when we get to large scale vaccination centres with people who walk in , get checked in get the jab, are monitored and then leave.

12 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Those giving the vaccine will just have to have a lot of patience.

It will of course be so much easier when we get to large scale vaccination centres with people who walk in , get checked in get the jab, are monitored and then leave.

Exactly, so far they've being doing numbers in the hundreds at various hospitals, but it's only the Louisa Jordan that they're doing 'mass' vaccinations of a couple of thousand or so most days (5000 on Saturday was their first big mass vaccination attempt), and these are all NHS/Social care staff attending them so far.

37 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

As if Lex or Glen give even the slightest f**k about this. If people dying helped the union's cause, they'd support it.

I can’t speak for Lex, but I certainly do give a f**k about this. As for people dying to help a cause, have a look on the politics forum and you’ll see plenty of civic and joyous Nationalists wishing death on the elderly, Tories etc etc. 

They’re not very nice these Nats, are they?

22 hours ago, superbigal said:

Daily review. Overall cases per 100K  for 7 days  peaked  at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan

From 8th to 14th January we are at 222.5

Todays figure  for 9th Jan to15th Jan is 216.6   Another single Day drop of 2.65%  and a drop from the peak of 28.25%

What the Feck are Scotgov suggesting more restrictions tomorrow.  It is complete Chinese style propaganda now. Quickly losing my respect with their lack of honesty. 

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

We should be talking about the good guys in the East and North getting back to Tier 4 or even Tier 3.  Look at the shade of the country of where cases are over 240.  Or look at the top 3 who have regularly filled those spots.

Stranraer still looks like it needs eradicated from the planet.

NB The UK figure for same dates is 487.1 per 100K 

Glasgow City   338.3  to 334.5     The slow decline in the largest city no doubt not helping the rest of us. 

North Lanarkshire  323.7 to 328.7    

Renfrewshire   302.6 to 299.8  

North Ayrshire  281.3 to 285.0   

Dumfries & Galloway  285.5 to 267.4  Stranraer West & Stranraer South still both over 1000

Inverclyde  309.8 to 266.1    

Clackmannanshire 242.5 to 263.9

East Ayrshire  270.5 to 262.3

East Dunbartonshire    272.5 to 259.6

South Lanarkshire   262.1 to 255.5

West Dunbartonshire     253.0 to 242.9

Then onto the 1st North or East side of the Country appearance

Aberdeen City  241.0 to 241.0

South Ayrshire   225.6 to 230.0

Dundee City   242.4 to 225.0

Falkirk    225.6 to 223.8

East Renfrewshire  174.8 to 185.3 

Perth & Kinross  178.3 to 171.8  

Fife   180.4 to 168.4

Scottish  Borders    185.3 to 163.6

Angus  167.8 to 163.5

Highlands  163.3 to 146.7  Invergordon still over 1000

West Lothian  144.2 to 145.8

Aberdeenshire   148.9 to 144.3

City Of Edinburgh   144.0 to 140.4

Stirling   148.6 to 138.0

Western Isles  97.3 to 108.5   Barra Data still rising 

East Lothian     100.8 to 108.3

Midlothian   104.9 to 103.8

Moray     108.5 to 90.8

Shetland Islands  82.9 to 82.9

Argyll & Bute    82.7 to 78.0

Orkney Island 18.0 to 13.5

1 hour ago, Erih Shtrep said:

ITS ALREADY BEEN EXPLAINED AT GREAT LENGTH JUST READ THE THREAD.    

England's approach will cost lives.  

Scotland's approach will also cost lives if dawdling over care homes delays vaccination to every other vulnerable group. And it will also trash businesses and livelihoods if we continue to lag behind the community protection levels required to i) reduce hospital pressures and ii) launch restrictions into the bin as soon as possible.

And still no explanation as to why NI's rates are significantly higher. 

Daily review. Overall cases per 100K  for 7 days  peaked  at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan
From 8th to 14th January we are at 222.5
Todays figure  for 9th Jan to15th Jan is 216.6   Another single Day drop of 2.65%  and a drop from the peak of 28.25%
What the Feck are Scotgov suggesting more restrictions tomorrow.  It is complete Chinese style propaganda now. Quickly losing my respect with their lack of honesty. 
Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview
We should be talking about the good guys in the East and North getting back to Tier 4 or even Tier 3.  Look at the shade of the country of where cases are over 240.  Or look at the top 3 who have regularly filled those spots.
Stranraer still looks like it needs eradicated from the planet.
NB The UK figure for same dates is 487.1 per 100K 
Glasgow City   338.3  to 334.5     The slow decline in the largest city no doubt not helping the rest of us. 
North Lanarkshire  323.7 to 328.7    
Renfrewshire   302.6 to 299.8  
North Ayrshire  281.3 to 285.0   
Dumfries & Galloway  285.5 to 267.4  Stranraer West & Stranraer South still both over 1000
Inverclyde  309.8 to 266.1    
Clackmannanshire 242.5 to 263.9
East Ayrshire  270.5 to 262.3
East Dunbartonshire    272.5 to 259.6
South Lanarkshire   262.1 to 255.5
West Dunbartonshire     253.0 to 242.9
Then onto the 1st North or East side of the Country appearance
Aberdeen City  241.0 to 241.0
South Ayrshire   225.6 to 230.0
Dundee City   242.4 to 225.0
Falkirk    225.6 to 223.8
East Renfrewshire  174.8 to 185.3 
Perth & Kinross  178.3 to 171.8  
Fife   180.4 to 168.4
Scottish  Borders    185.3 to 163.6
Angus  167.8 to 163.5
Highlands  163.3 to 146.7  Invergordon still over 1000
West Lothian  144.2 to 145.8
Aberdeenshire   148.9 to 144.3
 City Of Edinburgh   144.0 to 140.4
Stirling   148.6 to 138.0
Western Isles  97.3 to 108.5   Barra Data still rising 
East Lothian     100.8 to 108.3
Midlothian   104.9 to 103.8
Moray     108.5 to 90.8
Shetland Islands  82.9 to 82.9
Argyll & Bute    82.7 to 78.0
Orkney Island 18.0 to 13.5
Take a breath mate. They're not proposing more restrictions. They are reviewing the measures already in place and determining if they need extended. Of course they do.

Nb: they may move Barra up to level 4 but when you have approx 10% of the population of a remote community in isolation I think its fair to say they should consider it.

Take a breath mate. They're not proposing more restrictions. They are reviewing the measures already in place and determining if they need extended. Of course they do.

Nb: they may move Barra up to level 4 but when you have approx 10% of the population of a remote community in isolation I think its fair to say they should consider it.

I reckon extending until February 28th wouldn’t be a bad thing, so long as they agree to move us all onto tier 2/3 after that point.

I can’t speak for Lex, but I certainly do give a f**k about this. As for people dying to help a cause, have a look on the politics forum and you’ll see plenty of civic and joyous Nationalists wishing death on the elderly, Tories etc etc. 

They’re not very nice these Nats, are they?

Oh fucking grow up you phanny.

Our GP have done over 95% of over 80s now and next step is 70-79 year olds. Does seem to be a postcode lottery a bit as my grandparents who do live in the retirement village of Comrie (must have the most over 80s in Scotland) haven't heard a thing yet.
My grandparents are getting vaccinated tomorrow. Only my grandad got a letter, but when my gran phoned they added her in. They are both 88 so I don't think she is skipping the queue. He has Alzheimer's so she would have to be there with him anyway.