Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Played Murrayshall good layout but the greens had just been cored so ruined it a bit.  Enjoyed the layout though good holes. Also one at Gleneagles think it was the Queens.  Never Dunblane.  Do you still play? Did you get better than scratch?

Two courses at Murrayshall coupled with Dunblane gave me three courses to play.    Enjoy the same at Gleneagles and it's not actually anywhere near as expensive as you'd think.   My S.O is about £240.   Gives you a world class driving range, pitching area, unlimited balls and 2 excellent courses and 1 decent one.  

I still play but I'm worse than I was in my youth.   Current Handicap is actually the lowest it's ever been at +2.4 but that's only due to this daft world handicap rule.   I didn't break par at all in 2020 in competition but the CSS regularly climbs 4 or 5 over par, especially if we play off the back tee's on the PGA course.  

1 minute ago, Erih Shtrep said:

Two courses at Murrayshall coupled with Dunblane gave me three courses to play.    Enjoy the same at Gleneagles and it's not actually anywhere near as expensive as you'd think.   My S.O is about £240.   Gives you a world class driving range, pitching area, unlimited balls and 2 excellent courses and 1 decent one.  

I still play but I'm worse than I was in my youth.   Current Handicap is actually the lowest it's ever been at +2.4 but that's only due to this daft world handicap rule.   I didn't break par at all in 2020 in competition but the CSS regularly climbs 4 or 5 over par, especially if we play off the back tee's on the PGA course.  

f**k me that's good like. I was 6.0 but got cut to 3.2 and its ridiculous, no danger am I a 3. Never even shot level in my life one over a couple of times is all.  

That's not actually that bad for a place like Gleneagles, I would have expected maybe three or four times as much.  Its the same at Carnoustie CSS can get to seven over and some days they just scrap it altogether no adjustments at all if it gets too windy.  Though its not as difficult as it used to be, they've taken the teeth out of it a bit the last ten years. 

48 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I've done a hell of a lot of caddying, could tell a lot of interesting stories but would be called a liar. You can actually make really pretty decent money pretty quickly compared to any other low skilled job you could walk straight into.  Very enjoyable too if you're into golf.

^^^

hqdefault.jpg

I’m sure when the pandemic is a distant memory she will have a life, a career and a future and you’ll still be sitting in your bed sit battering away at your keyboard and crying yourself to sleep.

I’m catching up on the thread, and that actually made me laugh out loud.

At the beginning of this week we had more vaccinated per head of population than England and Wales.

As of today the total numbers vaccinated per 100k are:

Northern Ireland - 640
England - 497
Wales - 425
Scotland - 307

What the f**k has happened?

That could very well be plan B, although I detest Spey Valley and much prefer Boat of Garten, Grantown on spey and even Kingussie.
We are staying in aviemore, playing the Boat, Kingussie, Newtonmore and possibly Grantown, played Grantown as a kid and loved it. I've played Spey Valley as well and you are right, it's pish.

At the beginning of this week we had more vaccinated per head of population than England and Wales.
As of today the total numbers vaccinated per 100k are:
Northern Ireland - 640
England - 497
Wales - 425
Scotland - 307
What the f**k has happened?

Seriously? Have you not been listening?

For the avoidance of doubt, in Scotland we have decided to do the most at risk, and most difficult to do, first.

15 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Seriously? Have you not been listening?

For the avoidance of doubt, in Scotland we have decided to do the most at risk, and most difficult to do, first.

Why were so far ahead in the first place then?

It maybe does explain it but it’s a bit alarming to see us dropping off like that.

Drop the condescending tone an’ all m8.

2 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Yeah very actually. More than you would believe I'm sure.

I'm not sure that you could top the P & B caddy stakes.  We had a guy on here before that had been a caddy for Condolezza Rice.  Yeah the ex US Secretary of State.  Now that will take some beating!

7 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

24 week mass immunisation plan drawn up by NHS Ayrshire and Arran and 11 mass vaccination centres identified in S Ayrshire alone. All will be ready to start as planned on 1 Feb according to the CEO of SAC. The 24 weeks would be the time they are allowing to vaccinate every person over 17 with 2 doses. If other authorities at least match this that would be everyone 18 and over fully vaccinated by July.

I haven't saw this. Any idea where the 11 locations are going to be? 

Edited by Thereisalight..

Guest Bob Mahelp

Just watching the vaccinations from Stonehaven on the BBC news. 

I realise that they're dealing only with older people here, but I get the impression that often that the nurses are sitting down with them and chatting through their day for 15 to 20 mins or so. 

No offence meant, but for FFS just sit them down, stick the needle in, and get them out. To reach government targets, we're going to have to vaccinate more people, and do it quicker. 

They're vaccinating 300 people per day, but it looked like there were at least 8 stations available. Meaning that each station is vaccinating less that 40 people in an 8 hour period. 

5 an hour ? 

Maybe there's a general lack of vaccines available and they can't do anymore than that ? 

2 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Were you really that's pretty good. Where did you play?

I've done a hell of a lot of caddying, could tell a lot of interesting stories but would be called a liar. You can actually make really pretty decent money pretty quickly compared to any other low skilled job you could walk straight into.  Very enjoyable too if you're into golf.

F8A0FF2C-18AB-4996-9D56-3D9935C59491.thumb.jpeg.51458af0834570548016fd92914de136.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Just watching the vaccinations from Stonehaven on the BBC news. 

I realise that they're dealing only with older people here, but I get the impression that often that the nurses are sitting down with them and chatting through their day for 15 to 20 mins or so. 

That's standard. There is a post jag 15 min monitoring in case there is a reaction. 

25 minutes ago, strichener said:

I'm not sure that you could top the P & B caddy stakes.  We had a guy on here before that had been a caddy for Condolezza Rice.  Yeah the ex US Secretary of State.  Now that will take some beating!

No we don't, we have me who was in the group behind her, and a bunch of people on here who like to lie to have a go at me.  She's shite anyway, and I've caddied for and in the same group as people considerably more famous than her. I could drop about fifty names right now but I'd be called a liar.