Coronavirus (COVID-19)

53 minutes ago, Erih Shtrep said:

Boris boosting about vaccinating less than 40% of care home residents while Scotland has vaccinated 80-90% of residents.   He was insistent Pfizer couldn't be used in care homes for logistical reasons and the SG just got on with the job.  

You can’t post that sort of thing on here ffs.  Heads will explode.

10 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

I’ve got a horrible feeling that you’re being serious here.

Go on then 'Minter boy'  how's it wrong.  

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You can’t post that sort of thing on here ffs.  Heads will explode.

Unsurprising to see Glen getting bent-out-of-shape at any Scottish v rUK success story.    

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

In fairness I've got a vested interest here as have a Golf holiday booked to Catalonia in May !!

If you are going as an elite golfer then you'll need a caddy.

1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I would imagine that's touch and go but fingers crossed for you.

Looks like you may have a volunteer.  I am sure they are very experienced.

Edited by strichener

Could the private companies not buy stock directly from the government? Which would then be sold to people who are willing, keeping it within the UK economy. The vulnerable and financially constrained would still get their NHS jag of course. Quite rightly, pharmaceutical companies and the like shouldn't be allowed to sweep up the supply. 

People who have health insurance through their companies could also get vaccinated through those means since it's done privately. 

3 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Could the private companies not buy stock directly from the government? Which would then be sold to people who are willing, keeping it within the UK economy. The vulnerable and financially constrained would still get their NHS jag of course. Quite rightly, pharmaceutical companies and the like shouldn't be allowed to sweep up the supply. 

People who have health insurance through their companies could also get vaccinated through those means since it's done privately. 

Pharamceutical companies will always get to sweep up the supply.  They manufacture the stuff.

22 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:
1 hour ago, WATTOO said:
In fairness I've got a vested interest here as have a Golf holiday booked to Catalonia in May !!

I've got a three day golf break booked for Aviemore in June, I'd be happy to get that.

That could very well be plan B, although I detest Spey Valley and much prefer Boat of Garten, Grantown on spey and even Kingussie.

Every vaccine the government sold to a private company would be one fewer vaccine going to a person on the priority list.

52 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

For a change the Government are rationing it on need rather than ability to pay. No doubt that will change if supply outstrips capacity to deliver.

Edited by welshbairn

33 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Yeah very actually. More than you would believe I'm sure.

I believe this btw.   If you grow up anywhere in Angus/Dundee/Fife/East Lothian working for a Caddymaster makes perfect sense.   I was playing off scratch at the age of 15 and if I was looking for a wee job it would be to carry clubs.   Far better pay than working a paper round.  

25 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Every vaccine the government sold to a private company would be one fewer vaccine going to a person on the priority list.

It could be capped to prevent a hoarding of the vaccine from occurring. I understand what you're saying though. And I don't trust the government to make an arse of it / make some shady deal *delete as appropriate. Was just brainstorming alternatives that could take the strain off the NHS

3 minutes ago, Erih Shtrep said:

I believe this btw.   If you grow up anywhere in Angus/Dundee/Fife/East Lothian working for a Caddymaster makes perfect sense.   I was playing off scratch at the age of 15 and if I was looking for a wee job it would be to carry clubs.   Far better pay than working a paper round.  

Were you really that's pretty good. Where did you play?

I've done a hell of a lot of caddying, could tell a lot of interesting stories but would be called a liar. You can actually make really pretty decent money pretty quickly compared to any other low skilled job you could walk straight into.  Very enjoyable too if you're into golf.

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Were you really that's pretty good. Where did you play?

I've done a hell of a lot of caddying, could tell a lot of interesting stories but would be called a liar. You can actually make really pretty decent money pretty quickly compared to any other low skilled job you could walk straight into.  Very enjoyable too if you're into golf.

Dunblane and Murrayshall then Gleneagles.  

2 minutes ago, Erih Shtrep said:

Dunblane and Murrayshall then Gleneagles.  

Played Murrayshall good layout but the greens had just been cored so ruined it a bit.  Enjoyed the layout though good holes. Also one at Gleneagles think it was the Queens.  Never Dunblane.  Do you still play? Did you get better than scratch?

https://www.ft.com/content/e8177df6-04ae-4d20-8e62-ca76589c7653

Pfizer distributing about 20% fewer doses than agreed to several European countries, presumably including the UK, for the next few weeks.

Could have an impact of about 75k doses in Scotland over the next month. Enough to slow progress but shouldn’t be a significant barrier by any means.

Really looking for significant progress in the next week. Government still seem confident they’ll hit their targets but they’ll need to start getting a shift on.