Coronavirus (COVID-19)

48 minutes ago, Elixir said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55654229

"I think it will be the norm in five or six months. To go into a bar or cinema, or go on a plane, you have to have a vaccine," he added.

Mr Mullins said he had set aside £800,000 to pay for private vaccinations, but estimated costs more in the region of £100,000.

"Whatever it costs, I will pay," he said. "I would pay £1m tomorrow to safeguard our staff.

"If people don't want the vaccine, let them sit at home and not have a normal life," he added.

What a disgusting weirdo, particularly given that last line.

There will be nothing normal at all about creating a two-tier society with health passports in all but name, if you're having to flash proof of vaccinations to go anywhere public. Utter dystopia.

None of this would happen for a multitude of reasons, such as only over 70's or the clinically vulnerable would be allowed out or allowed to go on holidays !! and of course a 2 tier system with the rich jumping the queue would most likely be the straw that would break the camels back I'd say. (maybe not a bad idea then).

Over and above this, what about those with allergies / medical conditions that prevent them taking the vaccine ?

Of course on the plus side it would provide organised crime with a nice little earner in the fake health passport line.

As you say, a completely disgusting cretin.

47 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

But you don't get proof that you've had the vaccine. I got mine about an hour ago. There is no bit of paper.

Not right now, but that is planned for the future.  Qantas and a couple of other airlines have already said you won't be able to board an international flight without proving you've been vaccinated. So that is to come.

47 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I will definitely take the vaccine when offered and I can just about accept proof of vaccination for entering a country as it will eventually do away with the need for testing and mask wearing, even though it should largely be pointless in future once Covid-19 settles into the population and doesn't cause excess deaths.

However, I don't think it will become widespread or acceptable to enter shops, hospitality venues, etc. There are just so many problems with the idea. In fairness, the UK Government have already ruled this out. Sure, some hipster businesses might experiment with it... until customers go elsewhere.

Maybe not shops, but your employer might. A couple have already, this is obviously going to be how things are from now on.  I can't remember what company it was just today released a statement literally saying 'no jag no job'. That's how it will be.

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Not right now, but that is planned for the future.  Qantas and a couple of other airlines have already said you won't be able to board an international flight without proving you've been vaccinated. So that is to come.

Good good. Well, they've got my address. I look forward to receiving my certificate forthwith.

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Put it on a bus-

No vaccine, no Benidorm.

You idiotic, classless fucks.

32 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Unless you’re officially exempt (home schooling) then good luck with that.  Education is one of the most important things a society does which is why you have a legal obligation to send your kids to school.

Education is a right in this country.  International travel is a privilege.  

Refusing someone employment if they hadn’t had a vaccine is surely legally questionable?

Its already happening.  Education may be a right but things evolve, I can absolutely see that being a thing very soon, either your parents are vaccinated or you are, or you can't go to school. Would you want your kids going to school knowing they could bring something home that might kill you? This has changed everything, the world will never be the same again now.

Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Its already happening.  Education may be a right but things evolve, I can absolutely see that being a thing very soon, either your parents are vaccinated or you are, or you can't go to school. Would you want your kids going to school knowing they could bring something home that might kill you? This has changed everything, the world will never be the same again now.

Under 16s aren’t being vaccinated you utter fucking fantasist. 

46 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I'm still not getting the obsession with case numbers once hospitalisations, and therefore deaths, return to normal levels.

Isn't the interest they have in monitoring case numbers because they can very quickly start to rise in an out of control way, and despite what the covid-sceptics say about false positives and a PCR test not fit for purpose etc, when case numbers get high, soon after hospital admissions start to rise, ICU admissions go up and then deaths.  

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Ultimately the general public will decide and I can assure you, they WONT be going for this !!

Remember, the UK is a very poor example as we're subservient by nature but don't think for one minute that the likes of the French, Spanish, Italians or Eastern Europeans will stand by and accept any of this.

36 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Maybe not.  He might have been off sick if and when he was vaccinated.  Sir Trevor will likely know.

Maybe not.  If he was in an accident he might have gone to hospital, been placed into an induced coma and been given the jab without being concious.

Having said that, I suspect the person who gave him the jab (whatever the circumstances) will probably know.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Ultimately the general public will decide and I can assure you, they WONT be going for this !!

Remember, the UK is a very poor example as we're subservient by nature but don't think for one minute that the likes of the French, Spanish, Italians or Eastern Europeans will stand by and accept any of this.

Yeah totally man, we're a nation of renegades who would never let archaic clowns like Jacob Rees Mogg foist Brexit on us.....wait a minute.

This has changed the world forever, that's what I was saying last night and ridiculed as some people find uncomfortable truths uncomfortable so lash out at the messenger. Things will never be the same again.

52 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Elixir said:
I will definitely take the vaccine when offered and I can just about accept proof of vaccination for entering a country as it will eventually do away with the need for testing and mask wearing, even though it should largely be pointless in future once Covid-19 settles into the population and doesn't cause excess deaths.
However, I don't think it will become widespread or acceptable to enter shops, hospitality venues, etc. There are just so many problems with the idea. In fairness, the UK Government have already ruled this out. Sure, some hipster businesses might experiment with it... until customers go elsewhere.

I will get vaccinated. However, if any business demands to see my health records they wont be getting my money. Very much a step too far.

Bairnardo, I would do the exact opposite ,I'd be asking for a discount as you can prove you're not a transmission risk and therefore a good business "experience" not sure on the word I'm looking for.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The french and Italians who already have laws aimed at preventing non-vaccinated kids into schools,  those french and Italians?

It’s clearly possible to try and keep kids from entering schools if unvacianted,  it’s being implemented in several countries worldwide.

On refusing to employing those who refuse(note not unable via health reasons) vaccines.  You can sack someone for not wearing a hard hat,  of course you should be able to sack someone for refusing to follow a rule that makes your company safer.

f**k being the guy being sued cos you sent an anti-vax c**t to a vulnerable customers house who later died. 

6 minutes ago, s_dog said:

Isn't the interest they have in monitoring case numbers because they can very quickly start to rise in an out of control way, and despite what the covid-sceptics say about false positives and a PCR test not fit for purpose etc, when case numbers get high, soon after hospital admissions start to rise, ICU admissions go up and then deaths.  

But if you have vaccinated the people most likely to require hospitalation (majority but not exclusively older people) then the numbers of hospital admissions should not rise nearly as much which will then have a knock on effect on ICU and ultimately death figures

Have they not refused kids in school whose parents won't let them have the MMR vaccine? Maybe that was in America during a measles outbreak. But they definitely refuse you into some South American countries if you haven't had a yellow fever jag. There will still be people who can't have the vaccine because of allergies or whatever, I'd be happy for them to ban people who refuse a vaccine from flights to protect them.

Edited by welshbairn