Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It’s going to take this I fear. Come and get vaccinated at 3am and well give you £50 Asda vouchers or some such shite.

I would imagine without saying it the real reason they are opposed to 24 hr vaccinations is they worry too many people wouldn't show up and too many doses would go to waste.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It’s going to take this I fear. Come and get vaccinated at 3am and well give you £50 Asda vouchers or some such shite.

I wasnt even meaning that but its something  the govt could approach conpanies about.

I was more meaning, spell it out. The quicker you get it, the quicker we take the shackles off

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Totally agree, but its still the way its going to be. They won't drag you out of your house and stick a needle in your arm, they'll just exclude you from society.

Already airlines are saying for international travel you need proof of a vaccine, then it will be your kids can't go to school, you can't work here (loads of employers saying it already).  

But you don't get proof that you've had the vaccine. I got mine about an hour ago. There is no bit of paper.

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Totally agree, but its still the way its going to be. They won't drag you out of your house and stick a needle in your arm, they'll just exclude you from society.

Already airlines are saying for international travel you need proof of a vaccine, then it will be your kids can't go to school, you can't work here (loads of employers saying it already).  

I will definitely take the vaccine when offered and I can just about accept proof of vaccination for entering a country as it will eventually do away with the need for testing and mask wearing, even though it should largely be pointless in future once Covid-19 settles into the population and doesn't cause excess deaths.

However, I don't think it will become widespread or acceptable to enter shops, hospitality venues, etc. There are just so many problems with the idea. In fairness, the UK Government have already ruled this out. Sure, some hipster businesses might experiment with it... until customers go elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:
Francois is the absolute boy, like. Wish I could buy him a pint when this all dies down.

It was fantastic when be took Devi to the cleaners and she threw a strop and blocked him.

When was this, got a link? 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The elderly and clinically vulnerable. There will always be people who sadly die young from things like covid or even flu, but the number of these and the pressure put on the nhs would not be massive. So when they get the care staff, over 60’s and clinically vulnerable things should be lifted after the vaccines are given a chance to kick in. Wont happen though. 

Especially as the JCVI priority list includes over 50's. But maybe after then..... 

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

We're just not very good at coping with uncertainty but that's the situation we're in. Any timetable would have so many caveats in it to make it meaningless. I'm assuming the strategy is based on the infection and hospitalisation rate, and hope that widespread vaccination brings it down and keeps it descending, so by the end of April I'll be able to go on holiday in Sicily. I've made sure it's refundable though.

It doesn’t have to be meaningless.  Credit the public with a modicum of intelligence and set out the strategy.

All we know at the moment is we’re vaccinating people.  Why and to what goal are we doing that?

Sicily is lovely.  You won’t be seeing it in April.

I will definitely take the vaccine when offered and I can just about accept proof of vaccination for entering a country as it will eventually do away with the need for testing and mask wearing, even though it should largely be pointless in future once Covid-19 settles into the population and doesn't cause excess deaths.
However, I don't think it will become widespread or acceptable to enter shops, hospitality venues, etc. There are just so many problems with the idea. In fairness, the UK Government have already ruled this out. Sure, some hipster businesses might experiment with it... until customers go elsewhere.
I will get vaccinated. However, if any business demands to see my health records they wont be getting my money. Very much a step too far.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I wasnt even meaning that but its something  the govt could approach conpanies about.

I was more meaning, spell it out. The quicker you get it, the quicker we take the shackles off

I know but the communication at all stages of this shitshow has been a minter and I really don’t see that changing anytime soon unfortunately.

They’ll likely stick it on the side of a bus.

They seem pretty determined to follow the JCVI priority list, at least for now, so care homes, front line NHS staff and over 80's and so forth. When supplies increase so they're enough to open mass vaccination centres etc, you'd think they'd start doing workplace vaccination at suitable times, whatever time, and start opening it up to all ages.

17 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Unless you’re officially exempt (home schooling) then good luck with that.  Education is one of the most important things a society does which is why you have a legal obligation to send your kids to school.

Education is a right in this country.  International travel is a privilege.  

Refusing someone employment if they hadn’t had a vaccine is surely legally questionable?

21 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I would imagine without saying it the real reason they are opposed to 24 hr vaccinations is they worry too many people wouldn't show up and too many doses would go to waste.

Make it optional with sign up through an app or website. Limit it to the 4 or 5 biggest health boards. 

If it gets us easing restrictions 2% faster and potentially saves a handful of lives or people getting long covid then just do it no matter how much it costs.

Unless you’re officially exempt (home schooling) then good luck with that.  Education is one of the most important things a society does which is why you have a legal obligation to send your kids to school.
 Education is a right in this country.  International travel is a privilege.  

Refusing someone employment if they hadn’t had a vaccine is surely legally questionable?
The government wont allow that sort of discrimination. I imagine with that p***k from Pimlico plumbers being so desperate to get his stupid face in the news that the matter will be dealt with sooner rather than later.

And given that none of the vaccines have been tested on under 16s, and the government have offered no indication of that being on the horizon, the schools thing is obviously more fantasy land nonsense from Pep.

I will get vaccinated. However, if any business demands to see my health records they wont be getting my money. Very much a step too far.

I’m actually hoping any pub I want to go in requires certification, as it is going to keep the absolute riffraff and minky scum out.