Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Btw, mum works in care. Got first jag today, next one in 12 weeks.
Sister works in healthcare in Ireland, first jag tomorrow, second in 3 weeks.
Sister did not know we are doing that here, just found out, and is going absolutely wild. Has informed doctors she works with and they are incredulous.

Just saying like, don't want to start another argument.
Aye its all going well in Ireland.
Worst country in Europe currently for infections.
Would not bet against them changing vaccine policy anytime.

8 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Didn't we stop or restrict travellers from Brazil when Zika virus was around?

I can't remember exactly but perhaps one of you can

Nope but you got asked if you had travelled to the Amazon areas when you arrived back in Paris  flying from Rio.Dont know about the heathrow flight I used to travel Air France 

Francois is the absolute boy, like. Wish I could buy him a pint when this all dies down.

It was fantastic when be took Devi to the cleaners and she threw a strop and blocked him.

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Mr Leitch was also asked if there was anything to prevent a move to start vaccinating people 24 hours a day, but he played down the importance of that debate.

“Nothing, except, do you want to go for your vaccine at 4am when I can give you it at 8pm?” he said.

“I think it has taken on a bit of an iconic status that I think is not worthy. It makes for good headlines.

“The fundamental answer to your question is, if you want 24/7, you can have it.

“But we’ve got vaccinators working from 8 until 8, working their socks off round the clock, in and out of care homes.

“I don’t think care homes want vaccines at 3am. If people want vaccines at 3am because they are on nightshift, because they are a midwife – that is already available within the NHS.

“I think it is a little bit of a red herring, the 24/7 thing. It makes for a nice front page, so if they want the front page, yes, 24/7 is available.”

Usual smug, patronising pish from him.

If it means that everyone can get it days, if not weeks, earlier, and therefore help everyone's life get back to normal sooner then, yes, I would take it at 4am, and I would expect this to be the majority view.

Edited by Todd_is_God

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

There are two reasons as far as I can tell.

1) You test positive and continue to have symptoms for a lengthy period of time. You can only come out of isolation when the symptoms are gone.

2) You are asked to self-isolate, and at some point during that isolation period you subsequently test positive and have to extend your isolation period appropriately.

Aye but looking at that graph 45% 18-29 year olds who had a close contact isolation are claiming to have isolated for over 21 days. 

That is bullshit and I think a lot of times with surveys people see it like a quiz and answer what they believe to be the correct answer.

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

What percentage of the population would be required to be vaccinated to get us out of these restrictions?

We don’t know as the government(s) won’t tell us.  Pretty confident England will be out of them before us though.

Edited by Left Back

52 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Aye its all going well in Ireland.
Worst country in Europe currently for infections.
Would not bet against them changing vaccine policy anytime.

That's daily infections and very recent. For months and months it has been way better than every part of the UK.  Xmas spike has caused a massive increase.

They have no plans to change the policy, cause they have this crazy notion of using something in line with manufacturer's guidelines, like every other country on earth except the UK.

10 minutes ago, Snafu said:

What percentage of the population would be required to be vaccinated to get us out of these restrictions?

Depends on things, most of which are unknowable at this time, like does it prevent or reduce transmission, what the infection rate is, how full the hospitals are.

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Depends on...does it prevent... transmission

I look forward to hearing them (and simps like yourself) trying to justify this even once we have achieved near 100% vaccination btw.

Edited by Todd_is_God

17 minutes ago, Snafu said:

The elderly and clinically vulnerable. There will always be people who sadly die young from things like covid or even flu, but the number of these and the pressure put on the nhs would not be massive. So when they get the care staff, over 60’s and clinically vulnerable things should be lifted after the vaccines are given a chance to kick in. Wont happen though. 

1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Btw, mum works in care. Got first jag today, next one in 12 weeks.

Sister works in healthcare in Ireland, first jag tomorrow, second in 3 weeks.

Sister did not know we are doing that here, just found out, and is going absolutely wild. Has informed doctors she works with and they are incredulous.

Just saying like, don't want to start another argument.

It wouldn't be like people in Ireland to have a knee-jerk, the-Brits-don't-have-a-clue reaction.