Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Cyclizine said:

I'm going for Iain Kennedy...

Centres have protocols in place for if there's extra doses left over for whatever reason e.g. people not turning up, extra doses in bottles etc, so you might get lucky. The local centres phone round people to see if they can get down.

I think they should put yellow labels on the left over vaccine syringes at the end of the day.  Then take them to the supermarket and leave them with the marked down Melton Mowbray Pork Pies, Yellow Haddock and out of date yoghurts

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im enjoying the booking and rebooking of holidays stuff, should be on a cruise in the Bahamas just now, but id much rather be home.... 

I'm meant to be going to Russia the morra. All flights are cancelled from Leper Island so contacted the embassy about changing my visa to later in year Nyet, can I get a refund Nyet.

Commie bassas.

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This isn't true, but even if it were the case - are you suggesting the Scottish Government could/should have locked down earlier and caused a raft of redundancies without a support system in place?

Not advocating anything.  Just pointing out that there was advice or restrictions in place before the financial support packages were and this impacted peoples jobs.

if you were entirely focussed on public health it would the the correct logical policy to implement restrictions.

7 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Not advocating anything.  Just pointing out that there was advice or restrictions in place before the financial support packages were and this impacted peoples jobs.

if you were entirely focussed on public health it would the the correct logical policy to implement restrictions.

So when you said the government could've locked down earlier, you realised how much of a stupid move that would've been, but you still want to argue that it was possible?

13 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Now stopped flights from Brazil and most surrounding countries. After several landed today. So presumably enough cases of the Brazil variant now circulating to continue their quest for herd immunity, so its safe to stop them now.

Herd immunity is going to happen sooner or later regardless of what 'look, we're taking action!' measures they want to throw around.

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

So when you said the government could've locked down earlier, you realised how much of a stupid move that would've been, but you still want to argue that it was possible?

Stupid depends on your point of view.  If they had locked down the consensus seems to be that it would have saved lives.  Is protecting its citizens not a governments number one priority?

21 hours ago, Steven W said:

I can confirm that is the case (certainly in Falkirk's case) . My wife has signed up.

Fawkirk Cooncil employee mates both saying today that FC have had to take down that online vaccine registration form after 2000 folk signed up and it’s become an admin nightmare. 

Dunno what they were expecting - Everyone to say “Nah yer alright...”? 😄

17 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Herd immunity is going to happen sooner or later regardless of what 'look, we're taking action!' measures they want to throw around.

Yeah, but in some countries it will have taken 30 deaths to get there, in some others it will have taken a quarter of a million. So its quite important which.

44 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Anyone know if there is a website where you can find the historical 7 day rate per 100k for each council area, going back to the summer?

PHS Covid dashboard. Go into trends tab. There is a drop down menu that let's you see the historical trends for both LAs and health authorities.

Edited by renton

22 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Btw, mum works in care. Got first jag today, next one in 12 weeks.

Sister works in healthcare in Ireland, first jag tomorrow, second in 3 weeks.

Sister did not know we are doing that here, just found out, and is going absolutely wild. Has informed doctors she works with and they are incredulous.

Just saying like, don't want to start another argument.

Sister did not know we are doing that here, just found out, and is going absolutely wild. Has informed doctors she works with and they are incredulous.

I mean, this is clearly lies

Just now, Bairnardo said:
11 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I mean, this is clearly lies

All of it or just the last  bit?

20 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Yeah, but in some countries it will have taken 30 deaths to get there, in some others it will have taken a quarter of a million. So its quite important which.

True, but places like New Zealand  and Taiwan etc are going to face difficult choices about opening up their borders even if they achieve very high vaccine coverage.

15 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

It wasn't me who was arguing about the length of time between vaccine doses. I think it's a really difficult judgement and I can see the arguments both for and against, though I do see the logic behind what the UK has decided.